From: ohl...@charter.net (Louis Ohland)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware
Subject: IBM TDB - Conversion Connector for the IBM Personal Computer [clone
floppy on PS/2]
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2021 11:54:56 -0500
 by: Louis Ohland - Sun, 17 Oct 2021 16:54 UTC

Image is poor quality, but I'd bet it can be figured out.

https://priorart.ip.com/first-page/IPCOM000111811D

Conversion Connector for the IBM Personal Computer Described is a
hardware implementation to enable industry standard diskette drive edge
connectors to connect to the IBM Personal Computer (PC) and IBM PS/2*
diskette drive cable connectors.

Fig. 1 shows the interface conversion circuitry required to enable the
2X17 card edge connector to be wired to the industry standard Berg
connector. Fig. 2 shows the wiring designation for the thirty-four pins
of the IBM connector and the Berg connector.

With this interconnection, the printed circuit card with the appropriate
connectors and circuits will allow the signal conversion and connection
of an IBM PC flat ribbon cable for floppy disk drives to connect to any
industry standard card edge Input/Output (I/O) connector, as required
for diskette drives.

Re: IBM TDB - Conversion Connector for the IBM Personal Computer [clone floppy on PS/2]

<5f7pmghoohfg7jdfnhsclfsdtcal1sqj22@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1119&group=comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware#1119

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware
Subject: Re: IBM TDB - Conversion Connector for the IBM Personal Computer [clone floppy on PS/2]
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2021 18:08:47 -0400
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Sun, 17 Oct 2021 22:08 UTC

On Sun, 17 Oct 2021 11:54:56 -0500, Louis Ohland <ohland@charter.net>
wrote:

>Image is poor quality, but I'd bet it can be figured out.
>
>https://priorart.ip.com/first-page/IPCOM000111811D
>
>Conversion Connector for the IBM Personal Computer Described is a
>hardware implementation to enable industry standard diskette drive edge
>connectors to connect to the IBM Personal Computer (PC) and IBM PS/2*
>diskette drive cable connectors.
>
>Fig. 1 shows the interface conversion circuitry required to enable the
>2X17 card edge connector to be wired to the industry standard Berg
>connector. Fig. 2 shows the wiring designation for the thirty-four pins
>of the IBM connector and the Berg connector.
>
>With this interconnection, the printed circuit card with the appropriate
>connectors and circuits will allow the signal conversion and connection
>of an IBM PC flat ribbon cable for floppy disk drives to connect to any
>industry standard card edge Input/Output (I/O) connector, as required
>for diskette drives.

How do they deal with the pin 2 problem? Industry drives have a media
switch that sends a signal to the controller. IBM drives have no
switch and the media type is selected by the software/controller.
(Prior to the second generation PS/2s)
Basically you can put any media in an IBM drive and format it any way
you like. The controller has no clue what you are feeding it. On
reading a written disk it looks at the media descriptor byte in the
boot sector.