From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Subject: iPhones' local Calendar synchronization issues after upgrading macOS Big Sur to Ventura.
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2023 20:17:29 +0000
 by: Ant - Sat, 9 Dec 2023 20:17 UTC

Hello,

Since updating macOS Big Sur to Ventura v13.6.1 in a family's 13" Intel 2020 MacBook Pro about a month ago and synchronizing two folks' iPhones (13 & 11 Pro Max's v16.7.2) in two different macOS accounts, I found issues with Calendar events in both macOS Ventura v13.6.1 and iOS v16.7.x:

1. MacOS' Calendar shows missing new, deleted, and updated events from iPhones. How do I get all iPhone's calendar events to show up in macOS' Calendar? Is there a way to force it? I know it can go the other way, but iPhones will lose their newer data. :(

2. After the first synchronization for each iPhone after macOS upgrade, both iPhones and macOS' Calendars showed many duplicate events.

Users don't use iCloud for Calendar and others, except Find My, and any other non-Apple third party services and apps for calendars. All synchronizations are done through local lighting-USB2 cables vi9a macOS Finder. What's going on? Is there a known bug or something?

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon.
--
"Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." --John 3:20-21. So many rats!
| |o o| |

Re: iPhones' local Calendar synchronization issues after upgrading macOS Big Sur to Ventura.

<ul2n6o$2bldo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1117&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#1117

From: hugyb...@gmx.net (Jörg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Re: iPhones' local Calendar synchronization issues after upgrading
macOS Big Sur to Ventura.
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2023 22:46:00 +0100
 by: Jörg Lorenz - Sat, 9 Dec 2023 21:46 UTC

Am 09.12.23 um 21:17 schrieb Ant:
> Hello,
>
> Since updating macOS Big Sur to Ventura v13.6.1 in a family's 13" Intel 2020 MacBook Pro about a month ago and synchronizing two folks' iPhones (13 & 11 Pro Max's v16.7.2) in two different macOS accounts, I found issues with Calendar events in both macOS Ventura v13.6.1 and iOS v16.7.x:

Old stuff. How did you do that? Probably very old style.

> 1. MacOS' Calendar shows missing new, deleted, and updated events from iPhones. How do I get all iPhone's calendar events to show up in macOS' Calendar? Is there a way to force it? I know it can go the other way, but iPhones will lose their newer data. :(
>
> 2. After the first synchronization for each iPhone after macOS upgrade, both iPhones and macOS' Calendars showed many duplicate events.
>
> Users don't use iCloud for Calendar and others,

Your and their mistake. This is state of the art. Why should we spend
time to help you with old software/OS-versions and simultaneously
non-standard sync-methods? A loser's game and very time consuming.

And please learn to shorten your lines to 72 characters. I told you both
things a couple of times.

--
"Gutta cavat lapidem." (Ovid)

Re: iPhones' local Calendar synchronization issues after upgrading macOS Big Sur to Ventura.

<kC5dN.7532$83n7.4910@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1119&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#1119

macOS Big Sur to Ventura.
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.system
From: bitbuc...@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2023 17:11:28 -0500
 by: Alan Browne - Sat, 9 Dec 2023 22:11 UTC

On 2023-12-09 16:46, Jörg Lorenz wrote:

> And please learn to shorten your lines to 72 characters. I told you both
> things a couple of times.

Learn to turn on the autowrap on your reader, numbnutz.

--
“Markets can remain irrational longer than your can remain solvent.”
- John Maynard Keynes.