From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: personalized ringtone
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2022 06:39:15 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sun, 21 Aug 2022 05:39 UTC

Jolly Roger wrote:

> On 2022-08-21, Hank Rogers <hank@nospam.invalid> wrote:
>> badgolferman wrote:
>>>
>>> So some people say it’s simple and here are the ten steps needed to do it.
>>> No thanks.
>>
>> Probably wise decision. I've not been able to get it working
>> anyway.
>
> Because you are ignoring the easiest method of doing it in favor of a
> convoluted and error-prone way of doing it (because: troll). It's
> actually quite easy to do - no computer required:
>
> 1. Open Safari and search for a sound:
> <https://imgur.com/PmexIp0>
>
> 2. Tap Download to download the sound:
> <https://imgur.com/V1WX9tb>
> <https://imgur.com/Nhp4Rxm>
> <https://imgur.com/t0J5Kci>
>
> 3. Tap the sound file ZIP archive to expand it:
> <https://imgur.com/nf19gFB>
> <https://imgur.com/CWfwRSH>
>
> 4. Open GarageBand, and tap Create Song to create a new song.
> <https://imgur.com/LgaKAS1>
>
> 5. Tap Voice under Audio Recorder:
> <https://imgur.com/m9LMz7i>
>
> 6. Tap the View icon at the top, tap the Loop icon at the top to
> open the clip selection panel, then tap the Files tab at the top and tap
> Browse at the bottom:
> <https://imgur.com/XqbNFES>
> <https://imgur.com/XWGhOuc>
> <https://imgur.com/PVIZIAk>
>
> 7. Navigate to the Downloads folder, open the unzipped sound folder, and
> choose the extracted sound file:
> <https://imgur.com/iY4sX4f>
> <https://imgur.com/4K9BOeB>
> <https://imgur.com/Uxt0NZ1>
>
> 8. Tap and hold the sound file to import it into your GarageBand song:
> <https://imgur.com/pjPgyD2>
> You can now optionally edit the song as you see fit, or leave it as-is:
> <https://imgur.com/tJ2ASqM>
>
> 9. Tap the arrow icon near the top-left corner, and tap My Songs:
> <https://imgur.com/QyMa8dt>
>
> 10. Tap and hold on the new song you created, tap Share, then tap
> Ringtone:
> <https://imgur.com/jkkJwut>
> <https://imgur.com/v0fkZbW>

Something so simple to do on all other platforms, is a clusterfuck on iOS.

Re: personalized ringtone

<tdtjmi$v0v$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11199&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11199

From: youkidd...@yahoo.com (YK)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2022 11:41:05 -0400
 by: YK - Sun, 21 Aug 2022 15:41 UTC

Another iOS related thread for the kill file that Arlen insisted on
including in comp.sys.mac.system. I suppose this too will turn into an
extended argument about how all owners of Apple products are iKooks and
absolutely morons and brain washed by Apple advertising and Apple does
no research on anything they sell. There I filled a lot of the shit
Arlen poops in this group.