From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: More aMazon March Madness
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 21:06:26 -0400
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Fri, 17 Mar 2023 01:06 UTC

Amazon Prime Gaming is still doing their 'weekly games' thing rather
than the more convenient monthly give-aways. That just means more work
for me; here I go, having to haul these (almost)freebies in from the
garden shed. My back will never forgive me.

Already announced was "Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition", so we'll
ignore that. Let's focus on the newer games:

* I Am Fish:
"Finding Nemo escapes from the dentist" with the serial numbers rubbed
off. Basically a physics-based puzzler.

* Adios
Mixing the joys of pig-farming and murders formatted as a walking sim.

* Faraway: Arctic Escape
An escape adventure game with flat-shaded visuals.

Nothing to get excited about but none of them look awful either;
assuming they're a genre you're interested in, you might get a kick
out of them. If not, well, these are all quite skippable. But they're
there if you want them.

Re: More aMazon March Madness

<tv44si$2eq4j$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11225&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#11225

From: now...@nochance.com (JAB)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Re: More aMazon March Madness
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 10:47:39 +0000
 by: JAB - Sat, 18 Mar 2023 10:47 UTC

On 17/03/2023 01:06, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:
> * Adios
> Mixing the joys of pig-farming and murders formatted as a walking sim.

That's one I've been thinking about getting since I heard of it and so
far I've enjoyed it. It's very much a walking simulator but I find the
story unfolding, and your input into it, very engaging. Whether those
choices will really make a difference to the conclusion, quite possible
not but it still means you get to flesh out your backstory.

One criticism I do have, the 'scene' markers (a big white box with a
distance in them) are a bit of an immersion breaker.

Still if, like me, you like a good walking sim then worth picking up.