From: bli...@mouse-potato.com (Bobbie Sellers)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.misc
Subject: Re: [OT] Re: On The End Of Careers ...
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2023 14:00:05 -0700
 by: Bobbie Sellers - Wed, 26 Jul 2023 21:00 UTC

On 7/26/23 09:29, Charlie Gibbs wrote:
> On 7/10/23 9:44 AM, Anon wrote:
>> 36J.955 <36J955@qfxw6.net> wrote:
>>> There will be no 'programmers' or even 'sys-admins',
>>> the AI's will do it all in their own inscruitible
>>> ways.

Not quite yet. And human programmers can be quite inscrutable
unless they can seriously document their source code.

>> What you are seeing is the globohomo (=WEF) takeover of everything
>> (not just IT) and the end of market competition forced by
>> hyper-regulation and central bank refinancing of systemic zombie
>> corporations.
>
> Um, that's quite an ear-full ........
>
> Note that there's no evidence that "leftist" takes
> on biz/finance/sociology actually WORK. Therefore
> we can expect this "globohomo" to fail spectacularly.

To the contrary FDR in the Depression raised taxes and spent
money and that helped the nation get ready for WW II. Eisenhower
kept taxes high, paid off war debts, educated and helped house
the Veterans of WW II and got the interstate highway system built.
Incidentally discrimination against black veterans keep them from
access to the same benefits. I don't even know what one means by
"globohomo". Private ownership of real estate and good are threatened
by holding companies that buy up homes and then use them as rentals.
Large developments are being bought up in this way preventing the sale
to individuals keeping them out of the housing market.

RFK, a rich man's son cut taxes on his economic class.
Reagan did the same thing. Result is that with #45 he cut taxes
again creating the several Trillion dollar debt and the billionaires
rejoiced again.

An imbecile has signed up a lot of Republicans to a pledge
not to raise taxes. Not on the wealthiest ever. Result massive
deficit spending under #45 and inflation because of those tax
cuts. With with the complication of Covid-19, the war in
the Ukraine driving food prices particularly higher and the
decision of the industries to force higher prices on the rest
of the commodities of daily life.
Pledging not to raise taxes when needed is treasonous in my opinion and
at the least a neglect of the duties as set forth in
the Constitution. Mr Franklin agrees with me I think.
> Private property is a Creature of Society, and is
> subject to the Calls of that Society, whenever its
> Necessities shall require it, even to its last Farthing,
> its contributors therefore to the public Exigencies
> are not to be considered a Benefit on the Public,
> entitling the Contributors to the Distinctions of
> Honor and Power, but as the Return of an Obligation
> previously received, or as payment for a just Debt.
> -- Benjamin Franklin

Mr.Lincoln also stated that without Labor there would be no
capital.

I live on Social Security in an expensive city and have
watched and read about the matters under discussion

>>> But, on the plus, SS and a fair pension and I'd
>>> never spent nearly what I'd earned - so I'm kinda
>>> set. The Future will go on (and mostly crash)
>>> without me.
>>
>> At some point the thing will collapse under it's own weight,
>> but that will not happen immediately. It will take decades,
>> and the implosion will be traumatic for everybody, even worser
>> than the end of the USSR.
>
> Rome didn't "fall", it slowly fell apart. Apathy and
> idiocy and disunion grew, and eventually took its toll.
>
> Oh well, the Visigoths weren't THAT bad :-)

Well it depends on how much cultural loss there will inevitably
be assuming human life survives.
The calamity is nearly upon us with a good chance of Atlantic
Circulation being totally disrupted in the near future 2025.

bliss - Dell E7450- PCLinuxOS 64- Linux 6.4.6 KDE- Plasma 5.27.6

--
bliss dash SF 4 ever at dslextreme dot com

Re: [OT] Re: On The End Of Careers ...

<SpjwM.220550$AsA.59973@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11303&group=comp.os.linux.misc#11303

Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.misc
From: cgi...@kltpzyxm.invalid (Charlie Gibbs)
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2023 01:05:54 GMT
 by: Charlie Gibbs - Thu, 27 Jul 2023 01:05 UTC

On 2023-07-26, Bobbie Sellers <bliss@mouse-potato.com> wrote:

> Private ownership of real estate and good are threatened
> by holding companies that buy up homes and then use them as rentals.
> Large developments are being bought up in this way preventing the sale
> to individuals keeping them out of the housing market.

Around here those outfits are known as "real estate investment trusts"
(REITs). Housing is viewed first and foremost as an investment;
the fact you happen to be able to live in it is incidental.
The rulers have a vested interest in making housing unaffordable.

>> Rome didn't "fall", it slowly fell apart. Apathy and
>> idiocy and disunion grew, and eventually took its toll.
>>
>> Oh well, the Visigoths weren't THAT bad :-)
>
> Well it depends on how much cultural loss there will inevitably
> be assuming human life survives.
> The calamity is nearly upon us with a good chance of Atlantic
> Circulation being totally disrupted in the near future 2025.

-- Edward Abbey

--
/~\ Charlie Gibbs | You can't save the earth
\ / <cgibbs@kltpzyxm.invalid> | unless you're willing to