The bug stops here.

computers / comp.sys.mac.advocacy / Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sad that iOS has the SHORTEST update cycle of all common consumer operating systems)

SubjectAuthor
* Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sad that iOS has thAndy Burnelli
+* Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sad that iOS hanospam
|`* Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sad that iOS haAndy Burnelli
| `- Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sadAlan
+* Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sadAlan
|`* Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sad that iOS haYour Name
| `* Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sadHank Rogers
|  `* Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sadAlan
|   `- Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sad that iOS haAndy Burnelli
+* Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sad that iOS haJolly Roger
|`* Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sad that iOS haAndy Burnelli
| `* Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sadAlan
|  `* Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sad that iOS haRJH
|   +* Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sadAlan
|   |`* Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sad that iOS haRJH
|   | `* Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sadAlan
|   |  `* Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sad that iOS haRJH
|   |   `* Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sadAlan
|   |    `* Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sad that iOS haRJH
|   |     +* Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sadAlan
|   |     |`* Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sad that iOS haRJH
|   |     | `* Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sadAlan
|   |     |  `* Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sad that iOS haRJH
|   |     |   `* Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sadAlan
|   |     |    `* Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sad that iOS haRJH
|   |     |     +* Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sad that iOS hanospam
|   |     |     |`* Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sad that iOS haRJH
|   |     |     | `* Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sadAlan
|   |     |     |  `* Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sad that iOS haRJH
|   |     |     |   `- Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sadAlan
|   |     |     `- Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sadAlan
|   |     `* Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sad that iOS haJolly Roger
|   |      `* Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sad that iOS haAndy Burnelli
|   |       `* Why must Arlen lie? (was Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for anAlan
|   |        `* Re: Why must Arlen lie? (was Re: Can you find a single CLOCK appJolly Roger
|   |         `* Re: Why must Arlen lie? (was Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS RonTheGuy
|   |          +- Re: Why must Arlen lie? (was Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app forAlan
|   |          `- Re: Why must Arlen lie? (was Re: Can you find a single CLOCK appJolly Roger
|   `- Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sad that iOS haJolly Roger
+- Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device?badgolferman
`- Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sadThomas E.

Pages:12
Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sad that iOS has the SHORTEST update cycle of all common consumer operating systems)

<telv60$ldt$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11367&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11367

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Subject: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sad that iOS has the SHORTEST update cycle of all common consumer operating systems)
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 22:24:50 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Tue, 30 Aug 2022 21:24 UTC

Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sad that iOS
has the SHORTEST update cycle of all common consumer operating systems)

It's not for me but for a relative.
If this was Android, there would be a billion useful apps.

But it's an iPad.
And, unfortunately, the fact remains... iOS has a very short lifespan.

The proof is simple:

I can't find a _single_ fullscreen clock app for that older iPad.
*How do you download a single useful app to an older iPad model MC497LL*
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.ipad/c/3BhpIUh4BnE/m/j6QDG8GZFAAJ>

Can you?
--
If you can't, then, well, that's proof of what I've been saying all along.

Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sad that iOS has the SHORTEST update cycle of all common consumer operating systems)

<300820221735050003%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11371&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11371

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 17:35:05 -0400
 by: nospam - Tue, 30 Aug 2022 21:35 UTC

In article <telv60$ldt$1@gioia.aioe.org>, Andy Burnelli
<spam@nospam.com> wrote:

> Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device?

there's one already on it, but you'll find something wrong with it to
troll.

Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sad that iOS has the SHORTEST update cycle of all common consumer operating systems)

<tem08j$1ipjj$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11373&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11373

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Subject: Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sad
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 14:42:42 -0700
 by: Alan - Tue, 30 Aug 2022 21:42 UTC

On 2022-08-30 14:24, Andy Burnelli wrote:
> Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sad that iOS
> has the SHORTEST update cycle of all common consumer operating systems)
>
> It's not for me but for a relative.
> If this was Android, there would be a billion useful apps.
>
> But it's an iPad.
> And, unfortunately, the fact remains... iOS has a very short lifespan.
>
> The proof is simple:
>
> I can't find a _single_ fullscreen clock app for that older iPad.
> *How do you download a single useful app to an older iPad model MC497LL*
> <https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.ipad/c/3BhpIUh4BnE/m/j6QDG8GZFAAJ>
>
> Can you?

That's the oldest iPad there is. Not "oldER": "oldEST".

Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sad that iOS has the SHORTEST update cycle of all common consumer operating systems)

<tem0so$18cr$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11374&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11374

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 22:54:02 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Tue, 30 Aug 2022 21:54 UTC

nospam wrote:

>> Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device?
>
> there's one already on it, but you'll find something wrong with it to
> troll.

I'm trying to help someone.
All you ever do, nospam, is fabricate imaginary iOS app functionality.

You're the opposite of me, nospam, in every way imaginable.
You are cruel. You are despicable. You are a liar. You are mean.

Nothing you say can _ever_ be trusted to be the truth, nospam.
Nothing.

You know this is for a very old lady with very old eyes who hates that her
iPad is worthless in that it can't even do a _single_ useful thing, nospam.

You know we're trying to make this expensive Apple iPad useful, somehow,
perhaps as a full time always-on full-screen digital kitchen clock display.

I don't have that iPad in my hands as it's owned by a relative who asked me
to find some way to make it useful - which - is hard for an iOS device.

Since you fabricate imaginary iOS app functionality all the time, nospam,
(because you _hate_ that iOS is always crippled in basic functionality),
I have to ask you a basic set of questions, all of which need to be yes.

But if this first question isn't a yes, then you simply lied (again)...

Q: *Does that app you claim is on it run full screen all the time?*
(such that the old iPad turns into a full-time kitchen clock)

A: Yes or No?

If it's yes, then I'll tell her over the phone what to do.
If it's no, then you are a cruel despicable unprepossessing brazen liar.
--
If the answer is no, then yet again you fabricated imaginary functionality.

Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sad that iOS has the SHORTEST update cycle of all common consumer operating systems)

<tem163$1irju$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11375&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11375

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 14:58:26 -0700
 by: Alan - Tue, 30 Aug 2022 21:58 UTC

On 2022-08-30 14:54, Andy Burnelli wrote:
> nospam wrote:
>
>>> Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device?
>>
>> there's one already on it, but you'll find something wrong with it to
>> troll.
>
> I'm trying to help someone.
> All you ever do, nospam, is fabricate imaginary iOS app functionality.
>
> You're the opposite of me, nospam, in every way imaginable.
> You are cruel. You are despicable. You are a liar. You are mean.
>
> Nothing you say can _ever_ be trusted to be the truth, nospam.
> Nothing.
>
> You know this is for a very old lady with very old eyes who hates that her
> iPad is worthless in that it can't even do a _single_ useful thing, nospam.

Open Safari on the iPad:

<https://dayspedia.com/time/online/>

<https://www.clocktab.com>

> You know we're trying to make this expensive Apple iPad useful, somehow,
> perhaps as a full time always-on full-screen digital kitchen clock display.
>
> I don't have that iPad in my hands as it's owned by a relative who asked me
> to find some way to make it useful - which - is hard for an iOS device.
>
> Since you fabricate imaginary iOS app functionality all the time,
> nospam, (because you _hate_ that iOS is always crippled in basic
> functionality), I have to ask you a basic set of questions, all of which
> need to be yes.
>
> But if this first question isn't a yes, then you simply lied (again)...
> Q: *Does that app you claim is on it run full screen all the time?*
>    (such that the old iPad turns into a full-time kitchen clock)

Open Safari on the iPad:

<https://dayspedia.com/time/online/>

<https://www.clocktab.com>

> A: Yes or No?
>
> If it's yes, then I'll tell her over the phone what to do.

I'll take that.

But you'll never produce this old lady.

> If it's no, then you are a cruel despicable unprepossessing brazen liar.

Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sad that iOS has the SHORTEST update cycle of all common consumer operating systems)

<jn7nk3Fjb6lU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11382&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11382

Followup: comp.mobile.ipad
From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: 31 Aug 2022 00:17:07 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Wed, 31 Aug 2022 00:17 UTC

On Aug 30, 2022 at 2:24:50 PM PDT, "Andy Burnelli" <spam@nospam.com> wrote:

> Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sad that iOS
> has the SHORTEST update cycle of all common consumer operating systems)

Trollboi Andy proves yet again that he actually doesn't know anything about
what he's blabbing about. : D

Anyone with an older iPad (including me, since I have a 2nd generation iPad
running iOS 9 sitting right here) knows the built-in Apple Clock app actually
works just fine for this purpose:

<https://i.imgur.com/8yarOEZ.png>
<https://i.imgur.com/IBPCEcw.png>

Dipshit Andy doesn't know, and probably doesn't give a shit anyway, because:
troll.

> It's not for me but for a relative.

Sure it is, trollboi. Sure it is. And if it is, your "relative" apparently
can't find their way out of a wet paper bag, because this functionality is
built in. : )

> I can't find a _single_ fullscreen clock app for that older iPad.

You clearly haven't bothered to even look. But then as we all know, you're
only here to troll, so that's to be expected. You add nothing of value here,
and are only here to disrupt these news groups with your pathetic, lame
trolls.

> Can you?

In spades. You, on the other hand... : D

JR

Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sad that iOS has the SHORTEST update cycle of all common consumer operating systems)

<temp0a$d0n$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11387&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11387

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 05:45:32 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Wed, 31 Aug 2022 04:45 UTC

Jolly Roger wrote:

>> Can you?
>
> In spades. You, on the other hand... : D

Hi Jolly Roger,

Thanks for those screenshots, where your credibility is utterly worthless
because many times in the past you dug up a screenshot from the dawn of iOS
_claiming_ that it could be done in current times.

If you don't believe me, remember that I've seen you claim that iOS could
graph wi-fi over time (which you just made up) and you posted old
screenshots of debugging modes which no longer existed and you've said many
times that iOS can back up IPAs under circumstances that it can't.

Even David Empson had to chide you for fabricating functionality that
didn't exist where all you did was find a screenshot from ten years ago.

So we'll see if the clock app can do what you 'claim' it does.

Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sad that iOS has the SHORTEST update cycle of all common consumer operating systems)

<teo3v3$1s28r$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11392&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11392

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 09:58:11 -0700
 by: Alan - Wed, 31 Aug 2022 16:58 UTC

On 2022-08-30 21:45, Andy Burnelli wrote:
> Jolly Roger wrote:
>
>>> Can you?
>>
>> In spades. You, on the other hand... : D
>
> Hi Jolly Roger,
>
> Thanks for those screenshots, where your credibility is utterly worthless
> because many times in the past you dug up a screenshot from the dawn of iOS
> _claiming_ that it could be done in current times.
>
> If you don't believe me, remember that I've seen you claim that iOS could
> graph wi-fi over time (which you just made up) and you posted old
> screenshots of debugging modes which no longer existed and you've said many
> times that iOS can back up IPAs under circumstances that it can't.
>
> Even David Empson had to chide you for fabricating functionality that
> didn't exist where all you did was find a screenshot from ten years ago.
>
> So we'll see if the clock app can do what you 'claim' it does.

I can confirm that the clock app does precisely what he said, "Arlen".

Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sad that iOS has the SHORTEST update cycle of all common consumer operating systems)

<teo4l9$1649$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11393&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11393

From: patchmo...@gmx.com (RJH)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 17:10:02 -0000 (UTC)
 by: RJH - Wed, 31 Aug 2022 17:10 UTC

On 31 Aug 2022 at 5:58:11 PM, Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:

> I can confirm that the clock app does precisely what he said

I have only the newer clock app widget on my homescreen.

Mine opens up to "World Clock" tab but there are "Alarm" & "Stopwatch" and
"Timer" tabs on the bottom so "World Clock" is the only related choice.

The World Clock tab does not do what is asked but there are three dots in
the top which give three choices of single window, split view & slide over.

None of that does what is being asked which is to display a clock on the
screen filling up the screen and not blanking out ever - displaying time.

Can you tell me the steps exactly that you were able to make the clock
display on the screen all the time in full screen mode (digital or analog)?
--
Cheers, Rob

Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sad that iOS has the SHORTEST update cycle of all common consumer operating systems)

<teo5n6$1s907$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11394&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11394

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 10:28:06 -0700
 by: Alan - Wed, 31 Aug 2022 17:28 UTC

On 2022-08-31 10:10, RJH wrote:
> On 31 Aug 2022 at 5:58:11 PM, Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:
>
>> I can confirm that the clock app does precisely what he said
>
> I have only the newer clock app widget on my homescreen.
>
> Mine opens up to "World Clock" tab but there are "Alarm" & "Stopwatch" and
> "Timer" tabs on the bottom so "World Clock" is the only related choice.
>
> The World Clock tab does not do what is asked but there are three dots in
> the top which give three choices of single window, split view & slide over.
>
> None of that does what is being asked which is to display a clock on the
> screen filling up the screen and not blanking out ever - displaying time.
>
> Can you tell me the steps exactly that you were able to make the clock
> display on the screen all the time in full screen mode (digital or analog)?

First of all, are you talking about an iPad or an iPhone?

World Clock on my iPhone can't be set into full screen mode, but the
iPad version can.

Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sad that iOS has the SHORTEST update cycle of all common consumer operating systems)

<jn9mfaFsqesU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11399&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11399

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: 31 Aug 2022 18:09:46 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Wed, 31 Aug 2022 18:09 UTC

On Aug 31, 2022 at 10:10:02 AM PDT, "RJH" <patchmoney@gmx.com> wrote:

> On 31 Aug 2022 at 5:58:11 PM, Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:
>
>> I can confirm that the clock app does precisely what he said
>
> I have only the newer clock app widget on my homescreen.

> Mine opens up to "World Clock" tab but there are "Alarm" & "Stopwatch" and
> "Timer" tabs on the bottom so "World Clock" is the only related choice.
>
> The World Clock tab does not do what is asked but there are three dots in
> the top which give three choices of single window, split view & slide over.
>
> None of that does what is being asked which is to display a clock on the
> screen filling up the screen and not blanking out ever - displaying time.
>
> Can you tell me the steps exactly that you were able to make the clock
> display on the screen all the time in full screen mode (digital or analog)?

It's not a widget. It's the Apple "Clock" app that came with my iPad 2.
When I tap one of the clocks, I get the full-screen clock.
It is really simple:

1: <https://i.imgur.com/8yarOEZ.png>
2. <https://i.imgur.com/jXichMK.png>
3. <https://i.imgur.com/IBPCEcw.png>

What iPad do you have, and what version of iOS are you running?

The very first iPad didn't have an Apple "Clock" app. I'm sure there were
third-party clock apps, but whether they are still supported 12 years later by
those developers is questionable.

Did you try the websites Alan previously mentioned?:

<https://dayspedia.com/time/online/>
<https://www.clocktab.com>

JR

Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sad that iOS has the SHORTEST update cycle of all common consumer operating systems)

<teous9$15vl$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11405&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11405

From: patchmo...@gmx.com (RJH)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2022 00:37:30 -0000 (UTC)
 by: RJH - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 00:37 UTC

On 31 Aug 2022 at 6:28:06 PM, Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:

> First of all, are you talking about an iPad or an iPhone?

It's an iPad and in full screen mode it shows a map of the world with a
series of small clocks on the bottom, none of which are what was asked.

> World Clock on my iPhone can't be set into full screen mode, but the
> iPad version can.

When I tap any of the clocks, nothing happens other than it allows me to
move them to a different position on the set of clocks on the bottom bar.

What happens when you tap the left most clock? Does it expand? Mine won't.
--
Cheers, Rob

Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sad that iOS has the SHORTEST update cycle of all common consumer operating systems)

<tep04k$1v2i9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11406&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11406

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 17:59:00 -0700
 by: Alan - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 00:59 UTC

On 2022-08-31 17:37, RJH wrote:
> On 31 Aug 2022 at 6:28:06 PM, Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:
>
>> First of all, are you talking about an iPad or an iPhone?
>>

> It's an iPad and in full screen mode it shows a map of the world with a
> series of small clocks on the bottom, none of which are what was asked.
>
>> World Clock on my iPhone can't be set into full screen mode, but the
>> iPad version can.
>
> When I tap any of the clocks, nothing happens other than it allows me to
> move them to a different position on the set of clocks on the bottom bar.
>
> What happens when you tap the left most clock? Does it expand? Mine won't.

What version of iOS are you running?

Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sad that iOS has the SHORTEST update cycle of all common consumer operating systems)

<tep6rh$1g13$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11407&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11407

From: patchmo...@gmx.com (RJH)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2022 02:53:38 -0000 (UTC)
 by: RJH - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 02:53 UTC

On 1 Sep 2022 at 1:59:00 AM, Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:

>> When I tap any of the clocks, nothing happens other than it allows me to
>> move them to a different position on the set of clocks on the bottom bar.
>>
>> What happens when you tap the left most clock? Does it expand? Mine won't.
>
> What version of iOS are you running?

15.3.1 won't expand any clock no matter how much I tap any one of them.
--
Cheers, Rob

Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sad that iOS has the SHORTEST update cycle of all common consumer operating systems)

<tepbp7$232f3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11408&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11408

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 21:17:42 -0700
 by: Alan - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 04:17 UTC

On 2022-08-31 19:53, RJH wrote:
> On 1 Sep 2022 at 1:59:00 AM, Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:
>
>>> When I tap any of the clocks, nothing happens other than it allows me to
>>> move them to a different position on the set of clocks on the bottom bar.
>>>
>>> What happens when you tap the left most clock? Does it expand? Mine won't.
>>
>> What version of iOS are you running?
>
> 15.3.1 won't expand any clock no matter how much I tap any one of them.

And this thread was about what an OLD iPad running an OLD version of iOS
would do.

Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sad that iOS has the SHORTEST update cycle of all common consumer operating systems)

<tepj0u$vfl$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11410&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11410

From: patchmo...@gmx.com (RJH)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2022 06:21:18 -0000 (UTC)
 by: RJH - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 06:21 UTC

On 1 Sep 2022 at 5:17:42 AM, Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:

>> 15.3.1 won't expand any clock no matter how much I tap any one of them.
>
> And this thread was about what an OLD iPad running an OLD version of iOS
> would do.

How would me or you know what an old iPad running an old version would do?
--
Cheers, Rob

Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sad that iOS has the SHORTEST update cycle of all common consumer operating systems)

<tepmk9$2434s$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11411&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11411

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2022 00:22:48 -0700
 by: Alan - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 07:22 UTC

On 2022-08-31 23:21, RJH wrote:
> On 1 Sep 2022 at 5:17:42 AM, Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:
>
>>> 15.3.1 won't expand any clock no matter how much I tap any one of them.
>>
>> And this thread was about what an OLD iPad running an OLD version of iOS
>> would do.
>
> How would me or you know what an old iPad running an old version would do?

I happen to have an old iPad Mini

Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sad that iOS has the SHORTEST update cycle of all common consumer operating systems)

<jnbshsF8pfmU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11412&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11412

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: 1 Sep 2022 14:05:48 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 14:05 UTC

On Aug 31, 2022 at 11:21:18 PM PDT, "RJH" <patchmoney@gmx.com> wrote:

> On 1 Sep 2022 at 5:17:42 AM, Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:
>
>>> 15.3.1 won't expand any clock no matter how much I tap any one of them.
>>
>> And this thread was about what an OLD iPad running an OLD version of iOS
>> would do.
>
> How would me or you know what an old iPad running an old version would do?

At least two people (me included) who actually own old iPads have posted
stating that what the OP wants can indeed be done. Try to keep up, please.

JR

Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sad that iOS has the SHORTEST update cycle of all common consumer operating systems)

<teqpph$rtm$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11414&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11414

From: patchmo...@gmx.com (RJH)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2022 17:22:57 -0000 (UTC)
 by: RJH - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 17:22 UTC

On 1 Sep 2022 at 2:22:48 AM, Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:

> I happen to have an old iPad Mini

What version of iOS are you running?
--
Cheers, Rob

Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sad that iOS has the SHORTEST update cycle of all common consumer operating systems)

<teqqdh$2855k$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11415&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11415

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2022 10:33:37 -0700
 by: Alan - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 17:33 UTC

On 2022-09-01 10:22, RJH wrote:
> On 1 Sep 2022 at 2:22:48 AM, Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:
>
>> I happen to have an old iPad Mini
>
> What version of iOS are you running?

9.3.5

Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sad that iOS has the SHORTEST update cycle of all common consumer operating systems)

<teqrke$1n0d$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11417&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11417

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2022 18:54:55 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 17:54 UTC

Jolly Roger wrote:

> At least two people (me included) who actually own old iPads have posted
> stating that what the OP wants can indeed be done. Try to keep up, please.

Why did Jolly Roger claim the old iOS could do what he _knows_ it can't do?
*Why do these ignorant low-IQ uneducated iKooks always resort to such lies?*

I call bullshit on both these liars.

There's an old thread asking _why_ Jolly Roger & nospam constantly sent new
innocent users on futile wild-goose chases - which even David Empson had to
_repeatedly_ chastise them to please stop making up iOS functionality that
simply never existed and certainly still doesn't exist.

It's obvious that Jolly Roger lied.

*The only question that an adult needs to ponder is _why_ did he lie?*

Why did Jolly Roger claim the old iOS could do what he _knows_ it can't do?

Why must Arlen lie? (was Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sad that iOS has the SHORTEST update cycle of all common consumer operating systems)

<tequjv$28jol$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11418&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11418

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Why must Arlen lie? (was Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2022 11:45:18 -0700
 by: Alan - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 18:45 UTC

On 2022-09-01 10:54, Andy Burnelli wrote:
> Jolly Roger wrote:
>
>> At least two people (me included) who actually own old iPads have posted
>> stating that what the OP wants can indeed be done. Try to keep up,
>> please.
>
> Why did Jolly Roger claim the old iOS could do what he _knows_ it can't do?

It can do it, Arlen.

I have confirmed it on my iPad.
> *Why do these ignorant low-IQ uneducated iKooks always resort to such
> lies?*
>

> I call bullshit on both these liars.

Do you need to see the video?

Re: Why must Arlen lie? (was Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sad that iOS has the SHORTEST update cycle of all common consumer operating systems)

<jncf7jFbl15U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11419&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11419

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: Why must Arlen lie? (was Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app
Date: 1 Sep 2022 19:24:35 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 19:24 UTC

On 2022-09-01, Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:
> On 2022-09-01 10:54, Andy Burnelli wrote:
>> Jolly Roger wrote:
>>
>>> At least two people (me included) who actually own old iPads have
>>> posted stating that what the OP wants can indeed be done. Try to
>>> keep up, please.
>>
>> Why did Jolly Roger claim the old iOS could do what he _knows_ it
>> can't do?
>
> It can do it, Arlen.
>
> I have confirmed it on my iPad.

Anyone who actually has one knows this. Arlen isn't fooling anyone. : )

>> *Why do these ignorant low-IQ uneducated iKooks always resort to such
>> lies?*
>>
>> I call bullshit on both these liars.
>
> Do you need to see the video?

It won't matter. He's here to lie and troll - and nothing else matters.
He's pathetic.

JR

Re: Why must Arlen lie? (was Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sad that iOS has the SHORTEST update cycle of all common consumer operating systems)

<1ohekzf86qbsh$.dlg@news.solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11422&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11422

From: ron...@null.invalid (RonTheGuy)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2022 11:50:05 -0800
 by: RonTheGuy - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 19:50 UTC

On Sep 01, 2022, Jolly Roger wrote
(in article<news:jncf7jFbl15U1@mid.individual.net>):

> Anyone who actually has one knows this.

You've lied so much before why should anyone believe anything from you now?

Ron, the humblest guy in town.

Re: Why must Arlen lie? (was Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device? (It's sad that iOS has the SHORTEST update cycle of all common consumer operating systems)

<ter34n$29454$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11423&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11423

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: Why must Arlen lie? (was Re: Can you find a single CLOCK app for
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2022 13:02:31 -0700
 by: Alan - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 20:02 UTC

On 2022-09-01 12:50, RonTheGuy wrote:
> On Sep 01, 2022, Jolly Roger wrote
> (in article<news:jncf7jFbl15U1@mid.individual.net>):
>
>> Anyone who actually has one knows this.
>
> You've lied so much before why should anyone believe anything from you now?

I don't recall any lies he's told...

....but I can confirm that my old iPad behaves just as he related.