Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2022 11:23:08 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Apple's ego is astonishing
From: thomas.e...@gmail.com (Thomas E.)
 by: Thomas E. - Wed, 7 Sep 2022 18:23 UTC

From the live event web page:

"This stream is best experienced on an iPhone 7 or later, iPad (5th generation or later), or iPod touch (7th generation) using Safari on iOS 12 or later; or a Mac using Safari on macOS Mojave 10.14 or later. Streaming to your TV requires an Apple TV (2nd generation or later) or an AirPlay 2–capable device with the latest Apple TV software. Other platforms "may also be able to access" the stream using recent versions of Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge (MSE, H.264, and AAC required)."

MAY be able to access? BS, pure BS

It's gorgeous on my Dell XPS 15 running Edge on Windows 11 and either my Dell HD monitor or the laptop HD monitor. Looks great on the wife's Moto Android V10 phone and Chrome browser. It will look the same on Windows and Android as it does an Apple device. The only limits are screen resolution and internet speed.

A more correct statement:

"You are also encouraged to watch the Live Event on Windows and Android using recent versions of Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge."

Why would Apple do anything to limit their propaganda's availability?

Re: Apple's ego is astonishing

<tfarbb$a7tp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11482&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11482

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: Apple's ego is astonishing
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2022 12:27:38 -0700
 by: Alan - Wed, 7 Sep 2022 19:27 UTC

On 2022-09-07 11:23, Thomas E. wrote:
> From the live event web page:
>
> "This stream is best experienced on an iPhone 7 or later, iPad (5th
> generation or later), or iPod touch (7th generation) using Safari on
> iOS 12 or later; or a Mac using Safari on macOS Mojave 10.14 or
> later. Streaming to your TV requires an Apple TV (2nd generation or
> later) or an AirPlay 2–capable device with the latest Apple TV
> software. Other platforms "may also be able to access" the stream
> using recent versions of Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge (MSE,
> H.264, and AAC required)."
>
> MAY be able to access? BS, pure BS

Nope. Purely accurate.

How can Apple speak with certainty about what every user of every
Windows PC or Android device might have for web browsing?

> It's gorgeous on my Dell XPS 15 running Edge on Windows 11 and either
> my Dell HD monitor or the laptop HD monitor. Looks great on the
> wife's Moto Android V10 phone and Chrome browser. It will look the
> same on Windows and Android as it does an Apple device. The only
> limits are screen resolution and internet speed.

Bully for you!

> A more correct statement:
>
> "You are also encouraged to watch the Live Event on Windows and
> Android using recent versions of Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft
> Edge."

An useless statement.

> Why would Apple do anything to limit their propaganda's
> availability?

They want to give people honest expectations?

It was probably the part about being completely honest that flummoxed you.

Re: Apple's ego is astonishing

<6ba99e85-6293-4822-9b2b-bfd55e5aab51n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11485&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11485

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2022 12:41:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: thomas.e...@gmail.com (Thomas E.)
 by: Thomas E. - Wed, 7 Sep 2022 19:41 UTC

On Wednesday, September 7, 2022 at 3:27:42 PM UTC-4, Alan wrote:
> On 2022-09-07 11:23, Thomas E. wrote:
> > From the live event web page:
> >
> > "This stream is best experienced on an iPhone 7 or later, iPad (5th
> > generation or later), or iPod touch (7th generation) using Safari on
> > iOS 12 or later; or a Mac using Safari on macOS Mojave 10.14 or
> > later. Streaming to your TV requires an Apple TV (2nd generation or
> > later) or an AirPlay 2–capable device with the latest Apple TV
> > software. Other platforms "may also be able to access" the stream
> > using recent versions of Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge (MSE,
> > H.264, and AAC required)."
> >
> > MAY be able to access? BS, pure BS
> Nope. Purely accurate.
>
> How can Apple speak with certainty about what every user of every
> Windows PC or Android device might have for web browsing?
> >
> > It's gorgeous on my Dell XPS 15 running Edge on Windows 11 and either
> > my Dell HD monitor or the laptop HD monitor. Looks great on the
> > wife's Moto Android V10 phone and Chrome browser. It will look the
> > same on Windows and Android as it does an Apple device. The only
> > limits are screen resolution and internet speed.
> Bully for you!
> >
> > A more correct statement:
> >
> > "You are also encouraged to watch the Live Event on Windows and
> > Android using recent versions of Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft
> > Edge."
> An useless statement.
> >
> > Why would Apple do anything to limit their propaganda's
> > availability?
> They want to give people honest expectations?
>
> It was probably the part about being completely honest that flummoxed you..

Idiot. If the browser meets the recent specs it will work.

"An useless" ? Where did you learn English. My Edge browser even flagged the grammar.

It was the part about implying that other platforms might not be able to watch...

Re: Apple's ego is astonishing

<tfatn1$aeqv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11486&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11486

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2022 13:07:59 -0700
 by: Alan - Wed, 7 Sep 2022 20:07 UTC

On 2022-09-07 12:41, Thomas E. wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 7, 2022 at 3:27:42 PM UTC-4, Alan wrote:
>> On 2022-09-07 11:23, Thomas E. wrote:
>>> From the live event web page:
>>>
>>> "This stream is best experienced on an iPhone 7 or later, iPad (5th
>>> generation or later), or iPod touch (7th generation) using Safari on
>>> iOS 12 or later; or a Mac using Safari on macOS Mojave 10.14 or
>>> later. Streaming to your TV requires an Apple TV (2nd generation or
>>> later) or an AirPlay 2–capable device with the latest Apple TV
>>> software. Other platforms "may also be able to access" the stream
>>> using recent versions of Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge (MSE,
>>> H.264, and AAC required)."
>>>
>>> MAY be able to access? BS, pure BS
>> Nope. Purely accurate.
>>
>> How can Apple speak with certainty about what every user of every
>> Windows PC or Android device might have for web browsing?
>>>
>>> It's gorgeous on my Dell XPS 15 running Edge on Windows 11 and either
>>> my Dell HD monitor or the laptop HD monitor. Looks great on the
>>> wife's Moto Android V10 phone and Chrome browser. It will look the
>>> same on Windows and Android as it does an Apple device. The only
>>> limits are screen resolution and internet speed.
>> Bully for you!
>>>
>>> A more correct statement:
>>>
>>> "You are also encouraged to watch the Live Event on Windows and
>>> Android using recent versions of Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft
>>> Edge."
>> An useless statement.
>>>
>>> Why would Apple do anything to limit their propaganda's
>>> availability?
>> They want to give people honest expectations?
>>
>> It was probably the part about being completely honest that flummoxed you.
>
> Idiot. If the browser meets the recent specs it will work.
>
> "An useless" ? Where did you learn English. My Edge browser even flagged the grammar.

An indefinite article before an adjective beginning with a vowel is
normal English grammar...

....in England and Canada.

I have no idea what kind of English you learned.

> It was the part about implying that other platforms might not be able to watch...

Which was accurate and honest.

Apple cannot guarantee that every combination of OS and browser on
different platforms will work.

Their statement even carefully notes which version of iOS, macOS and
Safari WILL work.