From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: OT: He's usually so eager...
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2022 16:43:24 -0700
 by: Alan - Tue, 11 Oct 2022 23:43 UTC

Weird the little shit hasn't slavishly posted my racing results.

So I'll help him out.

<https://speedhive.mylaps.com/Events/2061086>

Let's see:

For Saturday practice, I decided I'd rather help out a couple of
competitors rather than try and turn fast laps, so I only turned a
1:19.1195. I'd just passed a novice in a Formula Continental to help him
get a little faster when the red flag came out because another driver
(Doug) hit the wall when he went to brake for turn 3. Sadly, that ended
his weekend.

Saturday qualifying... ...I was first... ...by nearly 1.5 seconds. And
this was against one driver new to the class (but with a long and varied
racing background), one driver with lots of experience returning after a
hiatus, and Erle; all of who were on the faster Hoosier Club Ford tires
compared to my American Racers.

Saturday's race, I won. But chasing me certainly helped our new guy,
Robert. He actually turned the faster lap by a little more than a tenth
of a second. It's going to be good to have some new blood at the sharp
end of the grid.

Sunday qualifying, I managed to stall the car as left my paddock spot
and after a few well-intentioned fellow racers couldn't get the jump
battery hooked up, I had to unbuckle, jump out and then get myself
buckled back. So with only 5 laps running, I missed pole position by a
bit more than a quarter second. Ah, well. I'm the one who stalled it.

Sunday's first race... ...I won. But it was a great battle first with
Don (our returning long time driver) and then Rob. Again, Rob turned the
fastest lap by about six tenths... ...but I won.

The third race, Rob and I had another great battle. He was on pole, but
I got a better jump off the drop of the flag, and took the lead for the
next 6 laps. Then I misjudged how far back Rob was (and how daring he
was willing to be) and he took the lead as we braked for turn 1. I spent
the next 9 laps trying to get by, but I made the same number of mistakes
as Rob (1 each) and the end result was that I was 1 second behind at the
finish.

But all my competitors were on Hoosier Club Ford tires bought that year,
while I was on year old Hoosiers I was using up rather than spend money
during a year I was never going to be able to fight for the championship.

All in all, a great weekend. The car ran great, and the "new" guys are
going to be terrific additions to the group next year.

Re: OT: He's usually so eager...

<f3bd32e5-07d7-4b35-b6a1-8c796c2f79f3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11649&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11649

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2022 18:28:24 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: OT: He's usually so eager...
From: thomas.e...@gmail.com (Thomas E.)
 by: Thomas E. - Fri, 21 Oct 2022 01:28 UTC

On Tuesday, October 11, 2022 at 7:43:27 PM UTC-4, Alan wrote:
> Weird the little shit hasn't slavishly posted my racing results.
>
> So I'll help him out.
>
> <https://speedhive.mylaps.com/Events/2061086>
>
> Let's see:
>
> For Saturday practice, I decided I'd rather help out a couple of
> competitors rather than try and turn fast laps, so I only turned a
> 1:19.1195. I'd just passed a novice in a Formula Continental to help him
> get a little faster when the red flag came out because another driver
> (Doug) hit the wall when he went to brake for turn 3. Sadly, that ended
> his weekend.
>
> Saturday qualifying... ...I was first... ...by nearly 1.5 seconds. And
> this was against one driver new to the class (but with a long and varied
> racing background), one driver with lots of experience returning after a
> hiatus, and Erle; all of who were on the faster Hoosier Club Ford tires
> compared to my American Racers.
>
> Saturday's race, I won. But chasing me certainly helped our new guy,
> Robert. He actually turned the faster lap by a little more than a tenth
> of a second. It's going to be good to have some new blood at the sharp
> end of the grid.
>
> Sunday qualifying, I managed to stall the car as left my paddock spot
> and after a few well-intentioned fellow racers couldn't get the jump
> battery hooked up, I had to unbuckle, jump out and then get myself
> buckled back. So with only 5 laps running, I missed pole position by a
> bit more than a quarter second. Ah, well. I'm the one who stalled it.
>
> Sunday's first race... ...I won. But it was a great battle first with
> Don (our returning long time driver) and then Rob. Again, Rob turned the
> fastest lap by about six tenths... ...but I won.
>
> The third race, Rob and I had another great battle. He was on pole, but
> I got a better jump off the drop of the flag, and took the lead for the
> next 6 laps. Then I misjudged how far back Rob was (and how daring he
> was willing to be) and he took the lead as we braked for turn 1. I spent
> the next 9 laps trying to get by, but I made the same number of mistakes
> as Rob (1 each) and the end result was that I was 1 second behind at the
> finish.
>
> But all my competitors were on Hoosier Club Ford tires bought that year,
> while I was on year old Hoosiers I was using up rather than spend money
> during a year I was never going to be able to fight for the championship.
>
> All in all, a great weekend. The car ran great, and the "new" guys are
> going to be terrific additions to the group next year.

How many Honda engines in those races?

I hope Floer comes back in 2022 and whips your ass, like he did in almost every race where you competed.

Re: OT: He's usually so eager...

<tit6bi$ic0t$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11652&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11652

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2022 21:14:37 -0700
 by: Alan - Fri, 21 Oct 2022 04:14 UTC

On 2022-10-20 18:28, Thomas E. wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 11, 2022 at 7:43:27 PM UTC-4, Alan wrote:
>> Weird the little shit hasn't slavishly posted my racing results.
>>
>> So I'll help him out.
>>
>> <https://speedhive.mylaps.com/Events/2061086>
>>
>> Let's see:
>>
>> For Saturday practice, I decided I'd rather help out a couple of
>> competitors rather than try and turn fast laps, so I only turned a
>> 1:19.1195. I'd just passed a novice in a Formula Continental to help him
>> get a little faster when the red flag came out because another driver
>> (Doug) hit the wall when he went to brake for turn 3. Sadly, that ended
>> his weekend.
>>
>> Saturday qualifying... ...I was first... ...by nearly 1.5 seconds. And
>> this was against one driver new to the class (but with a long and varied
>> racing background), one driver with lots of experience returning after a
>> hiatus, and Erle; all of who were on the faster Hoosier Club Ford tires
>> compared to my American Racers.
>>
>> Saturday's race, I won. But chasing me certainly helped our new guy,
>> Robert. He actually turned the faster lap by a little more than a tenth
>> of a second. It's going to be good to have some new blood at the sharp
>> end of the grid.
>>
>> Sunday qualifying, I managed to stall the car as left my paddock spot
>> and after a few well-intentioned fellow racers couldn't get the jump
>> battery hooked up, I had to unbuckle, jump out and then get myself
>> buckled back. So with only 5 laps running, I missed pole position by a
>> bit more than a quarter second. Ah, well. I'm the one who stalled it.
>>
>> Sunday's first race... ...I won. But it was a great battle first with
>> Don (our returning long time driver) and then Rob. Again, Rob turned the
>> fastest lap by about six tenths... ...but I won.
>>
>> The third race, Rob and I had another great battle. He was on pole, but
>> I got a better jump off the drop of the flag, and took the lead for the
>> next 6 laps. Then I misjudged how far back Rob was (and how daring he
>> was willing to be) and he took the lead as we braked for turn 1. I spent
>> the next 9 laps trying to get by, but I made the same number of mistakes
>> as Rob (1 each) and the end result was that I was 1 second behind at the
>> finish.
>>
>> But all my competitors were on Hoosier Club Ford tires bought that year,
>> while I was on year old Hoosiers I was using up rather than spend money
>> during a year I was never going to be able to fight for the championship.
>>
>> All in all, a great weekend. The car ran great, and the "new" guys are
>> going to be terrific additions to the group next year.
>
> How many Honda engines in those races?

One: mine.

But haven't you finally got it through your thick head that the Honda is
pretty well matched to the Kent.

> I hope Floer comes back in 2022 and whips your ass, like he did in almost every race where you competed.

You mean when I was much less experienced than he was...

....and in a car that was nearly 5% overweight?

I hope you have the balls to get on a track in a real racing car, and
we'll see how well you can do.