Matter will be damaged in direct proportion to its value.

computers / comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action / Re: "Headsup: Several more Prime Gaming freebies this week also..."

SubjectAuthor
* FREE GAMES: "Beyond Blue" and "Never Alone"Spalls Hurgenson
+- Re: FREE GAMES: "Beyond Blue" and "Never Alone"Mike S.
+* Re: FREE GAMES: "Beyond Blue" and "Never Alone"rms
|`* "Headsup: Several more Prime Gaming freebies this week also..."Ant
| `* Re: "Headsup: Several more Prime Gaming freebies this week also..."Spalls Hurgenson
|  `- Re: "Headsup: Several more Prime Gaming freebies this week also..."Dimensional Traveler
`* Re: FREE GAMES: "Beyond Blue" and "Never Alone"Ant
 +- Re: FREE GAMES: "Beyond Blue" and "Never Alone"Ant
 `- Re: FREE GAMES: "Beyond Blue" and "Never Alone"Spalls Hurgenson

1
FREE GAMES: "Beyond Blue" and "Never Alone"

<udh24ido3jcmfug2oumkncfgfc678c05dv@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11652&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#11652

From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: FREE GAMES: "Beyond Blue" and "Never Alone"
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2023 11:02:30 -0400
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Thu, 20 Apr 2023 15:02 UTC

After a nice vacation of not having to announce free games (thanks,
Ant, for taking up the slack!) I'm back... to announce free games!

This week, we get:

* Beyond Blue
https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/beyond-blue
An environmental narrative game (aka, a "walking sim", although in
this case it might be better described as a "swimming sim"), "Beyond
Blue" takes you into the deeps of the ocean. Essentially, it's "Abzu"
but with more detailed graphics and less of a sci-fi plot. For its
type, it's an okay game - very pretty, and you get to swim with
whales! - but if you don't enjoy the challengeless experience of
walking-sims, this one is going to bore you to tears.

* Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna)
https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/never-alone-kisima-ingitchuna
Hey, it's an Indie platformer/puzzler, so you know what that means! A
game featuring a small child running left-to-right through deadly
puzzles in a vaguely monochromatic world! It's not that I don't like
these sort of games - this one is actually fairly good, even if it
does have some unexpected difficulty spikes - I just wish that Indie
designers could find a more original theme.

You got the usual seven days to claim these.

Re: FREE GAMES: "Beyond Blue" and "Never Alone"

<5ev24i149885r520qbqfor7mr547iqhsig@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11655&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#11655

From: Mik...@nowhere.com (Mike S.)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Re: FREE GAMES: "Beyond Blue" and "Never Alone"
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2023 14:01:05 -0400
 by: Mike S. - Thu, 20 Apr 2023 18:01 UTC

On Thu, 20 Apr 2023 11:02:30 -0400, Spalls Hurgenson
<spallshurgenson@gmail.com> wrote:

>You got the usual seven days to claim these.

I don't need seven days, I just need your post.

Thank you.

Re: FREE GAMES: "Beyond Blue" and "Never Alone"

<u1sbul$oos0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11657&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#11657

From: rsquires...@MOOflashMOO.net (rms)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2023 15:48:02 -0600
 by: rms - Thu, 20 Apr 2023 21:48 UTC

Headsup: Several more Prime Gaming freebies this week also....

rms

"Headsup: Several more Prime Gaming freebies this week also..."

<E-qcnS3GjbcLetz5nZ2dnZfqn_idnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11661&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#11661

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Subject: "Headsup: Several more Prime Gaming freebies this week also..."
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2023 01:32:06 +0000
 by: Ant - Fri, 21 Apr 2023 01:32 UTC

rms <rsquiresMOO@mooflashmoo.net> wrote:
> Headsup: Several more Prime Gaming freebies this week also....

Start a new thread or at least change the post's title? ;)
--
"Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom. One generation will commend your works to another; they will tell of your mighty acts." --Psalm 145:3-4. Good Picard S3 & its series finale! :~)
| |o o| |

Re: FREE GAMES: "Beyond Blue" and "Never Alone"

<fBudnYpqs5pTbtz5nZ2dnZfqnPGdnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11662&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#11662

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2023 02:24:14 +0000
 by: Ant - Fri, 21 Apr 2023 02:24 UTC

Spalls Hurgenson <spallshurgenson@gmail.com> wrote:

> After a nice vacation of not having to announce free games (thanks,
> Ant, for taking up the slack!) I'm back... to announce free games!

> This week, we get:

> * Beyond Blue
> https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/beyond-blue
> An environmental narrative game (aka, a "walking sim", although in
> this case it might be better described as a "swimming sim"), "Beyond
> Blue" takes you into the deeps of the ocean. Essentially, it's "Abzu"
> but with more detailed graphics and less of a sci-fi plot. For its
> type, it's an okay game - very pretty, and you get to swim with
> whales! - but if you don't enjoy the challengeless experience of
> walking-sims, this one is going to bore you to tears.

Meh, I will pass.

> * Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna)
> https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/never-alone-kisima-ingitchuna
> Hey, it's an Indie platformer/puzzler, so you know what that means! A
> game featuring a small child running left-to-right through deadly
> puzzles in a vaguely monochromatic world! It's not that I don't like
> these sort of games - this one is actually fairly good, even if it
> does have some unexpected difficulty spikes - I just wish that Indie
> designers could find a more original theme.

"Sorry, you already own this item, or it's still being processed."
--
"Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom. One generation will commend your works to another; they will tell of your mighty acts." --Psalm 145:3-4. Good Picard S3 & its series finale! :~)
| |o o| |
\ _ /
( )

Re: FREE GAMES: "Beyond Blue" and "Never Alone"

<dcacndUOGaz6Ztz5nZ2dnZfqnPqdnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11663&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#11663

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2023 02:56:39 +0000
 by: Ant - Fri, 21 Apr 2023 02:56 UTC

Ant <ant@zimage.comant> wrote:
> Spalls Hurgenson <spallshurgenson@gmail.com> wrote:

> > After a nice vacation of not having to announce free games (thanks,
> > Ant, for taking up the slack!) I'm back... to announce free games!

Also, you're welcome. I was busy today and this week so it will good got
my back! :)
--
"Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom. One generation will commend your works to another; they will tell of your mighty acts." --Psalm 145:3-4. Good S3s in both TM & P TV shows!
| |o o| |

Re: FREE GAMES: "Beyond Blue" and "Never Alone"

<bn954i58h8tqklhe0taro3tjtb0bctq0na@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11667&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#11667

From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2023 11:11:56 -0400
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Fri, 21 Apr 2023 15:11 UTC

On Fri, 21 Apr 2023 02:24:14 +0000, ant@zimage.comANT (Ant) wrote:

>Spalls Hurgenson <spallshurgenson@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> After a nice vacation of not having to announce free games (thanks,
>> Ant, for taking up the slack!) I'm back... to announce free games!
>
>> This week, we get:
>
>> * Beyond Blue
>> https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/beyond-blue
>> An environmental narrative game (aka, a "walking sim", although in
>> this case it might be better described as a "swimming sim"),

>Meh, I will pass.

Fair enough. It's a niche game and I can imagine that many people
don't see the appeal.

>> * Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna)

>"Sorry, you already own this item, or it's still being processed."

Yeah, I only noticed after the fact that this was a repeat give-away,
first offered way back in November 2021 by Epic. But since I did these
write-ups /before/ the games actually release I didn't realize it was
already in my library, else I would have mentioned it.

Still a good game to have in your library, if you missed it the first
time around, though.

Re: "Headsup: Several more Prime Gaming freebies this week also..."

<nv954idqs56gvchbu7a3ipqo2qnf336opo@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11669&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#11669

From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2023 11:25:37 -0400
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Fri, 21 Apr 2023 15:25 UTC

On Fri, 21 Apr 2023 01:32:06 +0000, ant@zimage.comANT (Ant) wrote:
>rms <rsquiresMOO@mooflashmoo.net> wrote:

>> Headsup: Several more Prime Gaming freebies this week also....

>Start a new thread or at least change the post's title? ;)

Apparently both?

But now that's been started by somebody else (I don't want to always
be the person who starts these threads ;-) I'll add to the topic by
actually listing the games:

(Amazon PrimeGaming app)

* Ninja Master's
A Neo-Geo fighter featuring (surprise surprise) Ninjas! Great game?
No. Fun game? Sure. And I can't say no to another NeoGeo port.

* Metal Slug 4
More NeoGeo goodness. It's a shooty-shooty bang-bang side-scroller.
Explosions galore! It's biggest sin is that it really isn't that much
different from Metal Slug 1, 2 or 3. But that's not necessarily a bad
thing...

* Beholder 2
A sequel that all peeping Toms can get behind even if, sadly, no
multi-eyed monstrosities are involved. Think "Papers Please", except
instead of fumbling with paperwork you need to spy on people in their
homes.

* Terraformers
A city-builder game. No, a planet-builder. Build up your planet by
planting cities, harvesting resources, and ultimately terraforming an
entire world. It does use a deck-builder motif though, but if you can
get past that it's a fun game.

(Amazon LegacyGames app)

* City of Legends: Trapped in Mirror Collector's Edition
It's a game of some sort.

Re: "Headsup: Several more Prime Gaming freebies this week also..."

<u1umdu$2rv0f$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11673&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#11673

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2023 11:59:12 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Fri, 21 Apr 2023 18:59 UTC

On 4/21/2023 8:25 AM, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:

> * Terraformers
> A city-builder game. No, a planet-builder. Build up your planet by
> planting cities, harvesting resources, and ultimately terraforming an
> entire world. It does use a deck-builder motif though, but if you can
> get past that it's a fun game.

I played the demo for this a little while back. I generally don't like
deck-builder games but it worked for me (or at least didn't annoy me too
much) in this game. I've got it on my wishlist for "if I ever retire
and absolutely have to buy new games." :) (Personally IF I'm ever able
to retire I suspect I will have more than enough to do.)

dirty old man.