From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: IMGUR cleanup
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 10:30:55 -0400
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 14:30 UTC

Imgur, the picture file-sharing site, is cleaning out their content
servers. Nominally designed to clear out all the porn, they're also
flushing out most files that don't have an associated account. So if
you ever anonymously uploaded any pictures and don't have a back-up,
now might be the time to grab them from the Imgur servers before they
are gone

(Amongst other things, I've uploaded a number of pictures of computer
hardware that I've since reclaimed. Never know when I'm gonna need a
pic of a Thrustmaster joystick again. ;-)

Re: IMGUR cleanup

<8l694i1prhi7u0tj8uhmpe4d23p8lraqj0@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11680&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#11680

From: iamnotus...@notinuse.com (PW)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Re: IMGUR cleanup
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 20:43:51 -0600
 by: PW - Sun, 23 Apr 2023 02:43 UTC

On Sat, 22 Apr 2023 10:30:55 -0400, Spalls Hurgenson
<spallshurgenson@gmail.com> wrote:

>Imgur, the picture file-sharing site, is cleaning out their content
>servers. Nominally designed to clear out all the porn, they're also
>flushing out most files that don't have an associated account. So if
>you ever anonymously uploaded any pictures and don't have a back-up,
>now might be the time to grab them from the Imgur servers before they
>are gone
>
>(Amongst other things, I've uploaded a number of pictures of computer
>hardware that I've since reclaimed. Never know when I'm gonna need a
>pic of a Thrustmaster joystick again. ;-)

*--

I was, and still am, a CH person. Thrustmasters were too heavy and
stiff for me back then.

Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals, Pro Fighterstick. And Yoke.

I need to start flying again! The CH Control Manage, used for
programing the devices,r boots up in Windows 10. Not sure if the
programming still works.

The Yoke works in the latest FS and is programmed through the game.

I read a review of the latest flight sims controller in PC Gamer a
while back and they all look cheesy. None of the reviews mentioned if
they are programmable.

-pw

Re: IMGUR cleanup

<slrnu4a1ma.365.usenet@raspberrypi.geeknix.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11686&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#11686

Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
From: use...@apple.geeknix135.net (Geeknix)
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 10:30:03 GMT
 by: Geeknix - Sun, 23 Apr 2023 10:30 UTC

On 2023-04-23, PW <iamnotusingonewithAgent@notinuse.com> wrote:
> I was, and still am, a CH person. Thrustmasters were too heavy and
> stiff for me back then.
>
> Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals, Pro Fighterstick. And Yoke.

I have the ThrustMaster T16000 (Stick and Throttle). They are good,
givne my limited experience, but I do wish I had gone full in with a
yoke. Flying with a stick, trying to use mouse to control the cockpit
switches is hard. I either have to left hand the stick or mouse, neither
I am good at, but I can imagine left handing a yoke would be fine.

I like MSFS2020 wish I had the proper machine for it!

--
Don't be afraid of the deep...
--[ bbs.bottomlessabyss.net | https | telnet=2023 ]--

Re: IMGUR cleanup

<XnsAFEF66D533398mpndisorg@135.181.20.170>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11691&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#11691

From: markpnel...@sbcglobal.net (Mark P. Nelson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 17:06:32 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mark P. Nelson - Sun, 23 Apr 2023 17:06 UTC

PW <iamnotusingonewithAgent@notinuse.com> wrote in

> I was, and still am, a CH person. Thrustmasters were too heavy and
> stiff for me back then.
>
> Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals, Pro Fighterstick. And Yoke.
>
> I need to start flying again! The CH Control Manage, used for
> programing the devices,r boots up in Windows 10. Not sure if the
> programming still works.

It does.

--
Clotho, Lachesis, Atropos -- the only sysadmins that matter

Re: IMGUR cleanup

<27md4idbuj4icgsl9k04me708vm54qarco@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11699&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#11699

From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2023 15:49:48 -0400
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Mon, 24 Apr 2023 19:49 UTC

On Sat, 22 Apr 2023 20:43:51 -0600, PW
<iamnotusingonewithAgent@notinuse.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 22 Apr 2023 10:30:55 -0400, Spalls Hurgenson
><spallshurgenson@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Imgur, the picture file-sharing site, is cleaning out their content
>>servers. Nominally designed to clear out all the porn, they're also
>>flushing out most files that don't have an associated account. So if
>>you ever anonymously uploaded any pictures and don't have a back-up,
>>now might be the time to grab them from the Imgur servers before they
>>are gone
>>
>>(Amongst other things, I've uploaded a number of pictures of computer
>>hardware that I've since reclaimed. Never know when I'm gonna need a
>>pic of a Thrustmaster joystick again. ;-)
>>

>*--
>
>I was, and still am, a CH person. Thrustmasters were too heavy and
>stiff for me back then.
>
>Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals, Pro Fighterstick. And Yoke.

Despite my recent clean-up of 'closet of old hardware' the one piece
of gear I am still missing is my CH stick. I have (had) one of their
programmable flight sticks but where it's gone? I have no idea.

Still, as much as I love the CH line, it's not the best in my
collection. For that, I can only point to the venerable Microsoft
Sidewinder 3D Pro, which - for its time - was the best balance of
value and features... and remains the most comfortable stick I've ever
used. Sadly, it demands an actual gameport (USB-to-gameport doesn't
work) and updated drivers, which means it is largely relegated to
being used with older hardware and older games.

As to Thrustmaster? I own a couple... and they're fine. Not great, not
terrible. They feel cheaply made, but they work well enough, have a
lot of buttons and aren't as flimsy as they feel.

Re: IMGUR cleanup

<u288eg$qque$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11703&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#11703

From: now...@nochance.com (JAB)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2023 11:01:49 +0100
 by: JAB - Tue, 25 Apr 2023 10:01 UTC

I'm feeling left out as I never had a proper flight sim joystick!

Re: IMGUR cleanup

<0r6h4i9eiaivhntpd7c2mnevoh3uc06eni@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11712&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#11712

From: iamnotus...@notinuse.com (PW)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2023 21:32:59 -0600
 by: PW - Wed, 26 Apr 2023 03:32 UTC

On Sun, 23 Apr 2023 17:06:32 -0000 (UTC), "Mark P. Nelson"
<markpnelson@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>PW <iamnotusingonewithAgent@notinuse.com> wrote in
>

>> I was, and still am, a CH person. Thrustmasters were too heavy and
>> stiff for me back then.
>>
>> Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals, Pro Fighterstick. And Yoke.
>>
>> I need to start flying again! The CH Control Manage, used for
>> programing the devices,r boots up in Windows 10. Not sure if the
>> programming still works.
>>

>It does.

*--
Thanks Mark.