From: nob...@remailer.paranoici.org (Anonymous)
Subject: Android mail client with SOCKS support?
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2022 16:49:12 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous - Sat, 26 Feb 2022 15:49 UTC

Is there any (FOSS) Android mail client with SOCKS support,
that's capable of connecting with the TOR hidden .onion
SMTP and POP3 service of my Omnimix installation at home?

Re: Android mail client with SOCKS support?

<1f469611fddcdd24f7a5b7e680154f6a@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11680&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#11680

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Subject: Re: Android mail client with SOCKS support?
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2022 22:12:14 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Sat, 26 Feb 2022 21:12 UTC

On 2/26/2022 9:49 AM, Anonymous wrote:

> Is there any (FOSS) Android mail client with SOCKS support,
> that's capable of connecting with the TOR hidden .onion
> SMTP and POP3 service of my Omnimix installation at home?

You might want to give FairEmail a try.

Re: Android mail client with SOCKS support?

<8d72646343d0ace6a513c09c24686bcc@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11683&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#11683

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2022 14:03:11 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Sun, 27 Feb 2022 13:03 UTC

Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:
>On 2/26/2022 9:49 AM, Anonymous wrote:
>
>> Is there any (FOSS) Android mail client with SOCKS support,
>> that's capable of connecting with the TOR hidden .onion
>> SMTP and POP3 service of my Omnimix installation at home?
>>

>You might want to give FairEmail a try.

Many thanks for that hint.

First I downloaded its source code, searched for "SOCKS" and hit pay dirt.
Then I confidently updated the FairEmail app I already had installed to
version 1.1849 from https://github.com/M66B/FairEmail/releases. With the
Orbot app active I added a new POP3 account, entered my OM's .onion
address, but where to find the SOCKS version/address/port parameters to
direct FairEmail to Tor?

Re: Android mail client with SOCKS support?

<3d8779407998139ad6546517bd974aca@remailer.paranoici.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11684&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#11684

From: nob...@remailer.paranoici.org (Anonymous)
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2022 17:04:49 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous - Sun, 27 Feb 2022 16:04 UTC

On 2/27/2022 7:03 AM, Nomen Nescio wrote:
> Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:
>> On 2/26/2022 9:49 AM, Anonymous wrote:
>>
>>> Is there any (FOSS) Android mail client with SOCKS support,
>>> that's capable of connecting with the TOR hidden .onion
>>> SMTP and POP3 service of my Omnimix installation at home?
>>>

>> You might want to give FairEmail a t
>
> First I downloaded its source code, searched for "SOCKS" and hit pay dirt.
> Then I confidently updated the FairEmail app I already had installed to
> version 1.1849 from https://github.com/M66B/FairEmail/releases. With the
> Orbot app active I added a new POP3 account, entered my OM's .onion
> address, but where to find the SOCKS version/address/port parameters to
> direct FairEmail to Tor?

Well, looks like I was wrong sorry. It has been awhile since I've worked
with Fairmail.

Apparently SOCKS support has been removed from Fairmail as DNS requuets
were not being routed properly into the proxy and there's no way to fix
that.

The only available solution is to use an Android VPN proxy to make sure
that all traffic is routed through the VPN.

Re: Android mail client with SOCKS support?

<b842088e9637b9ff90ee1afe1976524c@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11685&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#11685

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2022 18:00:37 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Sun, 27 Feb 2022 17:00 UTC

Anonymous <nobody@remailer.paranoici.org> wrote:
>On 2/27/2022 7:03 AM, Nomen Nescio wrote:
>> Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:

>>> You might want to give FairEmail a t
>>
>> First I downloaded its source code, searched for "SOCKS" and hit pay dirt.
>> Then I confidently updated the FairEmail app I already had installed to
>> version 1.1849 from https://github.com/M66B/FairEmail/releases. With the
>> Orbot app active I added a new POP3 account, entered my OM's .onion
>> address, but where to find the SOCKS version/address/port parameters to
>> direct FairEmail to Tor?
>>

>Well, looks like I was wrong sorry. It has been awhile since I've worked
>with Fairmail.
>
>Apparently SOCKS support has been removed from Fairmail as DNS requuets
>were not being routed properly into the proxy and there's no way to fix
>that.
>
>The only available solution is to use an Android VPN proxy to make sure
>that all traffic is routed through the VPN.

Thanks anyway