From: rsw...@therandymon.com (RS Wood)
Newsgroups: comp.misc
Subject: Protonmail website update removes "no logged IPs" claim
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2021 13:07:34 -0000 (UTC)
 by: RS Wood - Wed, 8 Sep 2021 13:07 UTC

From the «because they do» department:
Feed: The Register
Title: ProtonMail deletes 'we don't log your IP' boast from website after French
climate activist reportedly arrested
Author: Gareth Corfield
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2021 07:31:08 -0400
Link: https://go.theregister.com/feed/www.theregister.com/2021/09/07/protonmail_hands_user_ip_address_police/

Cops can read the SMTP spec too, y'know

Encrypted email service ProtonMail has become embroiled in a minor scandal after
responding to a legal request to hand over to Swiss police a user's IP address
and details of the devices he used to access his mailbox – resulting in the
user's arrest.…

--
Port 80 is overrated.

Re: Protonmail website update removes "no logged IPs" claim

<si32sl$bpd$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1169&group=comp.misc#1169

From: no_em...@invalid.invalid (Oregonian Haruspex)
Newsgroups: comp.misc
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 21:55:33 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:IB5bYMCWfnnxnu24WZtgrHF3rME=
 by: Oregonian Haruspex - Fri, 17 Sep 2021 21:55 UTC

RS Wood <rsw@therandymon.com> wrote:
> From the «because they do» department:
> Feed: The Register
> Title: ProtonMail deletes 'we don't log your IP' boast from website after French
> climate activist reportedly arrested
> Author: Gareth Corfield
> Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2021 07:31:08 -0400
> Link:
> https://go.theregister.com/feed/www.theregister.com/2021/09/07/protonmail_hands_user_ip_address_police/
>
> Cops can read the SMTP spec too, y'know
>
> Encrypted email service ProtonMail has become embroiled in a minor scandal after
> responding to a legal request to hand over to Swiss police a user's IP address
> and details of the devices he used to access his mailbox – resulting in the
> user's arrest.…

That’s it, I’m going back to using Star Wars MMORPGs for my secret
communications.