From: dbro...@runforyourlife.org (Dudley Brooks)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.misc
Subject: How to get Smart Folders / Saved Searches to show up in Finder
Sidebar again? OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2023 13:33:09 -0700
 by: Dudley Brooks - Tue, 4 Jul 2023 20:33 UTC

I created several Smart Folders and they were displayed as individual
Saved Searches in the Sidebar, and there was a link called Saved
Searches that showed all of them in a folder when clicked on.

After creating a couple more today, suddenly the individual ones are no
longer in the Sidebar nor is the Saved Searches link.

I can't find any info on how to get them to reappear.

(And a minor irritation: Why are they called Smart Folders when you
create them but Saved Searches when they are listed and you view them???)

--
Dudley Brooks, Artistic Director
Run For Your Life! ... it's a dance company!

SOLVED? Re: How to get Smart Folders / Saved Searches to show up in Finder Sidebar again? OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra

<u85g2d$qpd4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1173&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#1173

From: dbro...@runforyourlife.org (Dudley Brooks)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.misc
Subject: SOLVED? Re: How to get Smart Folders / Saved Searches to show up in
Finder Sidebar again? OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2023 21:31:08 -0700
 by: Dudley Brooks - Thu, 6 Jul 2023 04:31 UTC

I simply found the Saved Searches folder in Library and dragged it into
the Sidebar.

I put the question mark after "SOLVED" because I'm not 100% sure I
restored it to the original way. It currently shows as a regular
folder, and I *think* I remember it as a "special" folder. But I might
be mis-remembering ... and anyway it does work.

(I had previously found the Saved Searches folder in Library and dragged
it to the Sidebar, but when I clicked on it, it showed nonsense. That
turned out to be because I had found a *different* Saved Searches
folder, for some *program*.)