From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: FREE GAMES: "Breathedge" & "Poker Club"
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2023 11:01:17 -0400
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Thu, 27 Apr 2023 15:01 UTC

Is it Thursday? I'm pretty sure it's Thursday. Yesterday was
Wednesday, I think, so it seems to follow that today should be
Thursday. Yes, it must be Thursday. And if it's Thursday, you know
what that means: free games from Epic!

And what free games do we get today, assuming today really is - as I
suspect - Thursday? Why, we get:

* Breathedge
https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/breathedge
An "open world survival game"... in space! Collect space trash to turn
into tools to build better tools and vehicles and weapons, to help you
explore further reaches of space to find more trash, and so on and so
on, ad infinitum. Well, its graphics look a bit nicer than
Minecraft's, anyway. Reviews indicate various technical issues and
poor pacing, but otherwise it looks like a solid example of the genre.

* Poker Club
https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/all-dlc/poker-club-6e18ee
This will probably surprise you, but "Poker Club" is a game where...
you play poker. I know, right? It's so out of left field! There's more
to it than that - there's a whole Poker Tour and online tournaments
too, but at it's heart this is just a fancier poker game. It's got a
lot of rough edges but you'll be able to overlook those if you like
playing cards. But if not, I doubt this game will do much to entertain
you.

Tick-tock; seven days to claim these. Or maybe more. Or less.
Depending on whether or not it's really Thursday.

Re: FREE GAMES: "Breathedge" & "Poker Club"

<u2e456$1vlbp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11735&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#11735

From: rsquires...@MOOflashMOO.net (rms)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Re: FREE GAMES: "Breathedge" & "Poker Club"
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2023 09:25:25 -0600
 by: rms - Thu, 27 Apr 2023 15:25 UTC

>* Poker Club
>https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/all-dlc/poker-club-6e18ee

Remember to also get the free DLC bundle that's a separate item, scroll
down.

rms

Re: FREE GAMES: "Breathedge" & "Poker Club"

<u2efgs$21ojk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11737&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#11737

From: rri...@csclub.uwaterloo.ca (Ross Ridge)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2023 18:39:24 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: rridge@csclub.uwaterloo.ca (Ross Ridge)
 by: Ross Ridge - Thu, 27 Apr 2023 18:39 UTC

Spalls Hurgenson <spallshurgenson@gmail.com> wrote:
>* Breathedge
>https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/breathedge
>An "open world survival game"... in space! Collect space trash to turn
>into tools to build better tools and vehicles and weapons, to help you
>explore further reaches of space to find more trash, and so on and so
>on, ad infinitum. Well, its graphics look a bit nicer than
>Minecraft's, anyway. Reviews indicate various technical issues and
>poor pacing, but otherwise it looks like a solid example of the genre.

Uh... you left out the best part of this game. Or at least best part
of the description of this game:

Survive in outer space! Together with your immortal chicken,
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
discover the truth behind your sudden spaceship crash. Craft
tools, pilot vehicles, and even control space stations to survive
and explore the wreckage.

How many space survival games have you partnered with a chicken?
Let alone an immortal chicken?

It could only be better if it said it was an immortal space chicken.
But I guess that's too much to hope for in a game description, and we're
stuck with just an immortal presumably-terrestrial chicken.

--
l/ // Ross Ridge -- The Great HTMU
[oo][oo] rridge@csclub.uwaterloo.ca

Re: FREE GAMES: "Breathedge" & "Poker Club"

<VnSdnUikNflTjdb5nZ2dnZfqn_idnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11740&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#11740

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 00:18:22 +0000
 by: Ant - Fri, 28 Apr 2023 00:18 UTC

Ross Ridge <rridge@csclub.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
> Spalls Hurgenson <spallshurgenson@gmail.com> wrote:
> >* Breathedge
> >https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/breathedge
> >An "open world survival game"... in space! Collect space trash to turn
> >into tools to build better tools and vehicles and weapons, to help you
> >explore further reaches of space to find more trash, and so on and so
> >on, ad infinitum. Well, its graphics look a bit nicer than
> >Minecraft's, anyway. Reviews indicate various technical issues and
> >poor pacing, but otherwise it looks like a solid example of the genre.

> Uh... you left out the best part of this game. Or at least best part
> of the description of this game:

> Survive in outer space! Together with your immortal chicken,
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> discover the truth behind your sudden spaceship crash. Craft
> tools, pilot vehicles, and even control space stations to survive
> and explore the wreckage.

> How many space survival games have you partnered with a chicken?
> Let alone an immortal chicken?

> It could only be better if it said it was an immortal space chicken.
> But I guess that's too much to hope for in a game description, and we're
> stuck with just an immortal presumably-terrestrial chicken.

Claimed! Can we eat this space chicken? :P
--
"If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless." --James 1:26. RIP, JS but a humming bird egg hatched but its sibbling is still in its egg. Their names should B Jerry & Springer if males! Yay 4 no next week's road trip, long nap, early snail mails, & quietness!
| |o o| |