From: rem...@not-for-mail.invalid (rmd)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Subject: Veracrypt POOF
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2022 12:49:42 -0600
logging-data="3766842"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@mixmin.net"
 by: rmd - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 18:49 UTC

I was in the hospital and upon returning, I tried to login into Veracrypt and it would not accept my password. This may be because I tried to install the latest version. I think that it hosed my database. The new version says that it needs 2 windows updates to be installed to be used on Windows 7, but after you download then, they both crash when trying to execute. Lose a huge amount of data and programs. Sourceforge will not download ANY of the Veracrypt programs, even trying to use 4 different browsers. This is the constant crap we have to put up with when software is constantly updated to the latest, greatest thing.

Re: Veracrypt POOF

<9538105c93a21d7ec37e5600e52c2000@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11756&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#11756

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Subject: Re: Veracrypt POOF
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2022 23:49:11 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 22:49 UTC

In article <t02vo5$3iuhq$1@news.mixmin.net>
"rmd" <remedy@not-for-mail.invalid> wrote:

> I was in the hospital and upon returning, I tried to login into Veracrypt and it would not accept my password. This may be because I tried to install the latest version. I think that it hosed my database. The new version says that it needs 2 windows updates to be installed to be used on Windows 7, but after you download then, they both crash when trying to execute. Lose a huge amount of data and programs. Sourceforge will not download ANY of the Veracrypt programs, even trying to use 4 different browsers. This is the constant crap we have to put up with when software is constantly updated to the latest, greatest thing.

This might be possible to recover using another HDD.

Don't make any more changes to the HDD.

Remove it, put in a different HDD, reinstall your desired
windows version and veracrypt. Disconnect from Internet so no
updates occur.

Connect the former HDD using USB and see if you can access it.

You might be able to recover.