news: gotcha

computers / alt.privacy.anon-server / QSL Error Message

SubjectAuthor
* QSL Error MessageJack
+- Re: QSL Error MessageNomen Nescio
`* Re: QSL Error Messagejack
 +* Re: QSL Error Messagejack
 |`- Re: QSL Error MessageNomen Nescio
 `* Re: QSL Error MessageNomen Nescio
  `* Re: QSL Error Messagejack
   `* Re: QSL Error MessageNomen Nescio
    `- Re: QSL Error MessageSEC3

1
QSL Error Message

<s8adnX-hcpRl27v_nZ2dnUU7-RnNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11759&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#11759

Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
From: jac...@nowhere.com (Jack)
Subject: QSL Error Message
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2022 09:55:03 -0800
 by: Jack - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 17:55 UTC

In Quicksilver Lite I'm getting an error message every time I update my
stats. But it flashes by so fast I can't read it. I know that it has
something to do with mix.tls. Can someone point me to the file or files
that need to be updated to correct this error message. It appears my
mix.tls file is not being updated.

Re: QSL Error Message

<519d3941e0b513a1dd113ca47b804c92@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11760&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#11760

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Subject: Re: QSL Error Message
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2022 20:38:24 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 19:38 UTC

On 3/7/2022 11:55 AM, Jack wrote:

> In Quicksilver Lite I'm getting an error message every time I update my
> stats. But it flashes by so fast I can't read it. I know that it has
> something to do with mix.tls. Can someone point me to the file or files
> that need to be updated to correct this error message. It appears my
> mix.tls file is not being updated.

Change your Stats sources please. One of the following:

https://www.sec3.net/misc/mix.tls
https://www.sec3.net/misc/allpingers.txt

Or

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/remops/allpingers/master/allpingers.txt

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/remops/allpingers/master/mix.tls

You make changes in your qsl.defs file

Re: QSL Error Message

<d1oc2h924d358ff1vo5o6he3de8g7e4eoq@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11761&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#11761

From: jac...@invalid.com
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2022 13:42:47 -0600
 by: jac...@invalid.com - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 19:42 UTC

On Mon, 7 Mar 2022 09:55:03 -0800, Jack <jack@nowhere.com> wrote:

>In Quicksilver Lite I'm getting an error message every time I update my
>stats. But it flashes by so fast I can't read it. I know that it has
>something to do with mix.tls. Can someone point me to the file or files
>that need to be updated to correct this error message. It appears my
>mix.tls file is not being updated.

For all users of QSL remailer client:
A new location where you can get up-to-date allpingers.txt and mix.tls
files, as Richard will take down his site down by may 30th.

https://sec3.net/misc/allpingers.txt
https://sec3.net/misc/mix.tls

Re: QSL Error Message

<93oc2hd5o21cg9drhgd1lg6dg44m9tigna@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11762&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#11762

From: jac...@invalid.com
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2022 13:44:50 -0600
 by: jac...@invalid.com - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 19:44 UTC

On Mon, 07 Mar 2022 13:42:47 -0600, jack@invalid.com wrote:

>On Mon, 7 Mar 2022 09:55:03 -0800, Jack <jack@nowhere.com> wrote:
>
>>In Quicksilver Lite I'm getting an error message every time I update my
>>stats. But it flashes by so fast I can't read it. I know that it has
>>something to do with mix.tls. Can someone point me to the file or files
>>that need to be updated to correct this error message. It appears my
>>mix.tls file is not being updated.
>
>For all users of QSL remailer client:
>A new location where you can get up-to-date allpingers.txt and mix.tls
>files, as Richard will take down his site down by may 30th.
>

>https://sec3.net/misc/allpingers.txt
>https://sec3.net/misc/mix.tls

Got this from the https://sec3.net/misc/mix.tls page.

Last update: Mon 07 Mar 2022 12:44:09 AM UTC For info on fields see:
https://www.sec3.net/misc/TLS-info.html
banana=fleegle.mixmin.net,10,yes,yes,no,yes
dizum=smtp.dizum.com,10,yes,no,no,no
frell=a6sy4mr4vpnnfhlop2vthsi4heaonouxtrat2hpz2dzbcf45twpxvzyd.onion,5,N/A,no,no,no,Invalid
argument
frell=mail2.frell.eu.org,10,yes,yes,no,yes
frell2=a6sy4mr4vpnnfhlop2vthsi4heaonouxtrat2hpz2dzbcf45twpxvzyd.onion,5,N/A,no,no,no,Invalid
argument
frell2=mail2.frell.eu.org,10,yes,yes,no,yes
grotto=grotto.thenorthinn.com,5,yes,no,no,no
hsub=fleegle.mixmin.net,10,yes,yes,no,yes
inwtx=mail.inwtx.net,1,N/A,no,no,no,Connection timed out
krautrelay=krautrelay.kraut.space,10,yes,no,no,no
middleman=middleman.remailer.online,0,yes,no,no,no
orange=orange.mixport.net,10,yes,yes,no,yes
paranoia=remailer.paranoici.org,10,yes,yes,no,no
redjohn=mail.redjohn.net,0,yes,no,no,no
slow=fleegle.mixmin.net,10,yes,yes,no,yes
tncmm=tncsrv06.tnetconsulting.net,15,yes,yes,no,yes
tncmm=tncsrv05.tnetconsulting.net,20,yes,no,no,no
tncmm=tarbaby.junkemailfilter.com,99,yes,yes,no,no
tncmm=graymail.tnetconsulting.net,10,N/A,no,no,no,Connection refused

Re: QSL Error Message

<3879d317e8b7afa1b600291fa446fad2@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11763&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#11763

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2022 22:23:44 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 21:23 UTC

In article <93oc2hd5o21cg9drhgd1lg6dg44m9tigna@4ax.com>
jack@invalid.com wrote:

> On Mon, 07 Mar 2022 13:42:47 -0600, jack@invalid.com wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 7 Mar 2022 09:55:03 -0800, Jack <jack@nowhere.com> wrote:
> >
> >>In Quicksilver Lite I'm getting an error message every time I update my
> >>stats. But it flashes by so fast I can't read it. I know that it has
> >>something to do with mix.tls. Can someone point me to the file or files
> >>that need to be updated to correct this error message. It appears my
> >>mix.tls file is not being updated.
> >
> >For all users of QSL remailer client:
> >A new location where you can get up-to-date allpingers.txt and mix.tls
> >files, as Richard will take down his site down by may 30th.
> >

> >https://sec3.net/misc/allpingers.txt
> >https://sec3.net/misc/mix.tls
>
> Got this from the https://sec3.net/misc/mix.tls page.
>
> Last update: Mon 07 Mar 2022 12:44:09 AM UTC For info on fields see:
> https://www.sec3.net/misc/TLS-info.html
> banana=fleegle.mixmin.net,10,yes,yes,no,yes
> dizum=smtp.dizum.com,10,yes,no,no,no
> frell=a6sy4mr4vpnnfhlop2vthsi4heaonouxtrat2hpz2dzbcf45twpxvzyd.onion,5,N/A,no,no,no,Invalid
> argument
> frell=mail2.frell.eu.org,10,yes,yes,no,yes
> frell2=a6sy4mr4vpnnfhlop2vthsi4heaonouxtrat2hpz2dzbcf45twpxvzyd.onion,5,N/A,no,no,no,Invalid
> argument
> frell2=mail2.frell.eu.org,10,yes,yes,no,yes
> grotto=grotto.thenorthinn.com,5,yes,no,no,no
> hsub=fleegle.mixmin.net,10,yes,yes,no,yes
> inwtx=mail.inwtx.net,1,N/A,no,no,no,Connection timed out
> krautrelay=krautrelay.kraut.space,10,yes,no,no,no
> middleman=middleman.remailer.online,0,yes,no,no,no
> orange=orange.mixport.net,10,yes,yes,no,yes
> paranoia=remailer.paranoici.org,10,yes,yes,no,no
> redjohn=mail.redjohn.net,0,yes,no,no,no
> slow=fleegle.mixmin.net,10,yes,yes,no,yes
> tncmm=tncsrv06.tnetconsulting.net,15,yes,yes,no,yes
> tncmm=tncsrv05.tnetconsulting.net,20,yes,no,no,no
> tncmm=tarbaby.junkemailfilter.com,99,yes,yes,no,no
> tncmm=graymail.tnetconsulting.net,10,N/A,no,no,no,Connection refused

I have had flawless updates from http://pinger.borked.net.

Re: QSL Error Message

<c32716369ec99649725b59e9eda39472@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11784&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#11784

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 17:15:52 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Tue, 8 Mar 2022 16:15 UTC

On 3/7/2022 1:42 PM, jack@invalid.com wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Mar 2022 09:55:03 -0800, Jack <jack@nowhere.com> wrote:
>
>> In Quicksilver Lite I'm getting an error message every time I update my
>> stats. But it flashes by so fast I can't read it. I know that it has
>> something to do with mix.tls. Can someone point me to the file or files
>> that need to be updated to correct this error message. It appears my
>> mix.tls file is not being updated.
>
> For all users of QSL remailer client:
> A new location where you can get up-to-date allpingers.txt and mix.tls
> files, as Richard will take down his site down by may 30th.
net/misc/mix.tls

Your comment is interesting.

Richard's domain has not resolved for me since 2020.
It's been down for a long time.

Re: QSL Error Message

<4d9f2hpvqlbr8s8ps5hg5jqbf9s3gcunck@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11786&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#11786

From: jac...@invalid.com
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2022 12:55:14 -0600
 by: jac...@invalid.com - Tue, 8 Mar 2022 18:55 UTC

On Tue, 8 Mar 2022 17:15:52 +0100 (CET), Nomen Nescio
<nobody@dizum.com> wrote:

>On 3/7/2022 1:42 PM, jack@invalid.com wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 7 Mar 2022 09:55:03 -0800, Jack <jack@nowhere.com> wrote:
>>
>>> In Quicksilver Lite I'm getting an error message every time I update my
>>> stats. But it flashes by so fast I can't read it. I know that it has
>>> something to do with mix.tls. Can someone point me to the file or files
>>> that need to be updated to correct this error message. It appears my
>>> mix.tls file is not being updated.
>>
>> For all users of QSL remailer client:
>> A new location where you can get up-to-date allpingers.txt and mix.tls
>> files, as Richard will take down his site down by may 30th.
>net/misc/mix.tls
>

>Your comment is interesting.
>
>Richard's domain has not resolved for me since 2020.
>It's been down for a long time.

I don't quite understand your puzzlement.

The links I gave - the ones below, were placed there by SEC3 before
Christman left. SEC3 has kept QSL info alive for us.

https://sec3.net/misc/allpingers.txt
https://sec3.net/misc/mix.tls

Re: QSL Error Message

<4af8e90ce851c6a5c04fcca587399eb9@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11787&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#11787

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 21:21:22 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Tue, 8 Mar 2022 20:21 UTC

You specifically said:

"For all users of QSL remailer client:

A new location where you can get up-to-date allpingers.txt and mix.tls
files, as Richard will take down his site down by may 30th."

Yes, it is quite correct that SEC3 has this available. I'm aware of that
and good that this was posted.

However:

"Richard will take down his site down by may 30th."

?

Is not correct. His domain quicksilvermail It has been gone since 2020.

I have no idea what you mean by your statement

"Richard will take down his site down by may 30th."

SEC3 hosts these stats.

Not Richard Christman.

That is the source of my puzzlement.

Richard's site is long gone.

"

Re: QSL Error Message

<V3PVJ.196995$TXc5.158092@fx14.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11788&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#11788

Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
From: adm...@sec3.net (SEC3)
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 15:32:52 -0500
 by: SEC3 - Tue, 8 Mar 2022 20:32 UTC

On 2022-03-08 15:21, Nomen Nescio wrote:

> I have no idea what you mean by your statement
>
> "Richard will take down his site down by may 30th."

Possibly the poster has confused the closing of Richard Christman's
quicksilvermail.net, which happened a long time ago, with the closing of
Redjohn Remailer which will happen in May 2022.

<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.privacy.anon-server/c/nesngyNcIu0/m/eF5U-OnNBgAJ>

--
SEC3

YAMN Tutorials - https://sec3.net/yamnhelp