Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2022 21:08:47 -0700
From: pluted...@outlook.com (Pluted Pup)
Subject: Re: 95% of messages on this group are now left-wing spam - Thunderbird Broken
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv, news.software.readers
 by: Pluted Pup - Mon, 17 Oct 2022 04:08 UTC

On Sun, 16 Oct 2022 00:52:07 -0700, trotsky wrote
(in article <tigd72$1r81$3@gioia.aioe.org>):

> On 10/15/2022 5:49 PM, RichA wrote:
> > Of the last 15 odd pages of messages, approximately 14.3 of them were
> > repetitive left-wing spam. Denial of service attempts.
>
> Ever since I've been on Usenet people have talked of "killfiles." A
> "killfile" is just a filter the user sets. Do you need help with how to
> set one up?

Thunderbird is BROKEN for macs. The updates broke it
and I tried in vain to use an earlier version. It
crashes and won't allow most newsgroups or headers
to be downloaded to the reader. It also has the
stupid design flaw of keeping the server information
hidden: there is no option or command to display the
newsreader server.

Trotsky won't see this post because it's crossposted
to news.software.readers and his kill-file won't
let him see it.