From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: iOS 16.1.1 is out
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 13:57:28 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Thu, 10 Nov 2022 13:57 UTC

Ant wrote:

>> What bug did they fix?
>
> https://support.apple.com/kb/HT213505 shows security fixes.

No smartphones have fewer zero-day bugs than does the iPhone.
<https://googleprojectzero.github.io/0days-in-the-wild/rca.html>

As Ant kindly explained, this latest iOS bugfix release covers:
CVE-2022-40303: Maddie Stone of Google Project Zero
CVE-2022-40304: Ned Williamson and Nathan Wachholz of Google Project Zero

Apple has _never_ found its zero-day bugs - Google finds most of them.
The facts have shown Apple doesn't even _look_ for bugs they _know_ about!
<https://googleprojectzero.blogspot.com/2022/06/2022-0-day-in-wild-exploitationso-far.html>

Apple marketing is brilliant!

Why should Apple spend any money at all looking for zero-day bugs?
Apple is content to merely (loudly) _advertise_ that they have security.

*And yet, the iPhone has the _most_ zero-day bugs of all smartphones*

Apple doesn't even _look_ for zero-day holes they _already_ know about!
<https://threatpost.com/apple-patches-bugs-zero-days/161010/>

Multiple times Apple has shipped the _same_ hole in subsequent releases!
All this points to the obvious conclusion Apple only talks security.

For this reason: *No smartphone is less secure than an Apple smartphone*

Even worse, unless you're on iOS 16, Apple says you're not fully patched!
*No modern smartphone has a _shorter_ security life cycle than iPhones*

I'm well aware the iKooks won't believe in all (or any) of known facts.
But let's see them show the 2022 zero-day figures for iOS next to Android.

For smartphones, the iPhone has the _worst_ record of zero-day flaws!

Try to prove that wrong, iKooks.
HINT: You can't.

Re: iOS 16.1.1 is out

<tkj10f$p2d$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11764&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11764

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 14:14:50 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Thu, 10 Nov 2022 14:14 UTC

Andy Burnelli wrote:

> No smartphones have fewer zero-day bugs than does the iPhone.
> <https://googleprojectzero.github.io/0days-in-the-wild/rca.html>

Oooops.

*No smarthpones have _more_ zero-days than Apple smartphones!*

Simply stated: The iPhone has the most zero-day holes of all smartphones.

Challenge to iKooks: Prove that assessment of fact wrong.
HINT: You can't. Because it's based on facts - not on advertisements.

Re: iOS 16.1.1 is out

<tkjcb6$jchm$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11765&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11765

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 09:28:06 -0800
 by: Alan - Thu, 10 Nov 2022 17:28 UTC

On 2022-11-10 05:57, Andy Burnelli wrote:
> Ant wrote:
>
>>> What bug did they fix?
>>
>> https://support.apple.com/kb/HT213505 shows security fixes.
>
> No smartphones have fewer zero-day bugs than does the iPhone.
> <https://googleprojectzero.github.io/0days-in-the-wild/rca.html>

You might want to read that back a couple of times.

> As Ant kindly explained, this latest iOS bugfix release covers:
> CVE-2022-40303: Maddie Stone of Google Project Zero
> CVE-2022-40304: Ned Williamson and Nathan Wachholz of Google Project Zero
>
> Apple has _never_ found its zero-day bugs - Google finds most of them.

This is a lie in that you cannot know whether or not it is true.

> The facts have shown Apple doesn't even _look_ for bugs they _know_ about!
> <https://googleprojectzero.blogspot.com/2022/06/2022-0-day-in-wild-exploitationso-far.html>

That doesn't show what you claim it does.

> Apple marketing is brilliant!
>
> Why should Apple spend any money at all looking for zero-day bugs?
> Apple is content to merely (loudly) _advertise_ that they have security.
>
> *And yet, the iPhone has the _most_ zero-day bugs of all smartphones*

And yet, you just said it has "the fewest"...

> Apple doesn't even _look_ for zero-day holes they _already_ know about!
> <https://threatpost.com/apple-patches-bugs-zero-days/161010/>
>
> Multiple times Apple has shipped the _same_ hole in subsequent releases!
> All this points to the obvious conclusion Apple only talks security.
>
> For this reason: *No smartphone is less secure than an Apple smartphone*
>
> Even worse, unless you're on iOS 16, Apple says you're not fully patched!
> *No modern smartphone has a _shorter_ security life cycle than iPhones*
>
> I'm well aware the iKooks won't believe in all (or any) of known facts.
> But let's see them show the 2022 zero-day figures for iOS next to Android.
>
> For smartphones, the iPhone has the _worst_ record of zero-day flaws!
>
> Try to prove that wrong, iKooks.
> HINT: You can't.

You prove yourself wrong, Arlen!

Re: iOS 16.1.1 is out

<tkjcbs$jchm$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11766&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11766

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 09:28:28 -0800

On 2022-11-10 06:14, Andy Burnelli wrote:
> Andy Burnelli wrote:
>
>> No smartphones have fewer zero-day bugs than does the iPhone.
>>  <https://googleprojectzero.github.io/0days-in-the-wild/rca.html>
>
> Oooops.
> *No smarthpones have _more_ zero-days than Apple smartphones!*
>
> Simply stated: The iPhone has the most zero-day holes of all smartphones.
>

> Challenge to iKooks: Prove that assessment of fact wrong.
> HINT: You can't. Because it's based on facts - not on advertisements.

It's not based on facts.

Re: iOS 16.1.1 is out

<tkjl2a$9qp$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11779&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11779

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 08:56:58 +1300
 by: Your Name - Thu, 10 Nov 2022 19:56 UTC

On 2022-11-10 17:28:06 +0000, Alan said:
> On 2022-11-10 05:57, Andy Burnelli wrote:
>>
>> No smartphones have fewer zero-day bugs than does the iPhone.
>> <https://googleprojectzero.github.io/0days-in-the-wild/rca.html>
>
> You might want to read that back a couple of times.

It's about the only thing the moron has *ever* gotten correct. :-p