From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: battery life test
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 18:31:18 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Thu, 10 Nov 2022 18:31 UTC

badgolferman wrote:

> They don't make them like they used to...

Hi badgolferman,

My conversations with you are unlike those with the child-like iKooks.
We cover details and innuendo and deep understanding of Apple history.

Always keep in mind my facts are credible and that the iKooks don't seem to
have ever read a newspaper in their entire lives, based on how ignorant
they are of topics which are extremely well known in the common references.

*Apple has been cheaping out on batteries for _years_ badgolferman*

The iKooks never read a newspaper in their life & they forget topics we've
covered in great detail on this very newsgroups - they're that ignorant.

We had entire threads with multiple cites showing Apple cheaped on out
batteries, both the boards and the components and the battery sizes.

The iKooks are oblivious to all facts pertaining to Apple, but since you're
an adult, I can dig up those references for you if you want more proof.

Remember badgolferman, what sets me most apart from the ignorant iKooks is
that I'm well educated and they have absolutely zero education
(not to mention the iKooks have an IQ of about 40 to 60 in general)...

That means I can comprehend facts that iKooks can't possibly understand.

*Apple put cheap batteries and boards into the iPhone 12 for profit*
https://www.theverge.com/2020/8/21/21394985/apple-iphone-12-battery-cost-5g-kuo
https://appleinsider.com/articles/20/08/21/apple-to-offset-cost-of-5g-iphone-components-with-cheaper-battery-tech
https://www.maticstoday.com/2020/08/21/why-apple-is-using-cheap-battery-parts-in-iphone-12/
https://9to5mac.com/2020/08/21/kuo-iphone-12-5g-component-cost/
https://www.pcmag.com/news/report-iphone-12-to-use-smaller-cheaper-battery
https://www.macrumors.com/2020/08/20/kuo-iphone-12-battery-board/
https://www.timesnownews.com/technology-science/article/apple-opting-for-cheaper-battery-parts-to-cut-costs-on-5g-iphone-12-analyst-ming-chi-kuo/640657
https://techlog360.com/apple-will-use-cheaper-parts-in-the-iphone-12/

> I agree about the iPhone 4-6 being good on batteries, but everything
> I've had since then (excepting SE) have had their battery life degrade
> 10-12% within 18 months.

Apple has been cheaping out on batteries for _years_ badgolferman.

Just as Apple's strategy is to slowly decontent the iPhone so that the poor
customer is forced to figure out a way to get the functionality back, Apple
has been making the phone battery less and less equivalent to Androids.

There isn't a _single_ iPhone battery anywhere near the Android phones.

For example, my _free_ A32-5G, which is a bottom-of-the-barrel Samsung, has
a huge battery compared to the best of the best of the best of iPhones.

Nobody who knows anything about Apple wouldn't say Apple cheaped out on the
battery technology, badgolferman... from the components to the capacity.

> Maybe it's just that the battery life
> indicator came along at some time and we could now keep track of it or
> the apps have become more power hungry, but the 7, 8, 12 I've had don't
> hold up like the older phones.

We covered the fact Apple cheaped out on battery technology badgolferman.

These threads contain referenced _cites_ proving Apple cheaped out on them.
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/dusIMmPTfrA/m/5pzAj14gAgAJ>
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/NDA_PaBCDf8/m/bDwjoEApCQAJ>
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/zmumvfSvCUk/m/OgBZYUORBwAJ>

Notice the iKooks are not only ignorant of everything Apple does, to the
point that I have to wonder if they've ever read a newspaper in their lives
but more to the point, we _covered_ in detail iOS cheaped out on batteries.

The iKooks are so ignorant, they can't even remember what we covered here!

Re: battery life test

<tkjgck$3vtlh$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11769&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11769

From: New...@Group.Name (News)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 13:37:07 -0500
 by: News - Thu, 10 Nov 2022 18:37 UTC

On 11/10/2022 1:31 PM, Andy Burnelli wrote:
> [...]
>> the apps have become more power hungry, but the 7, 8, 12 I've had don't
>> hold up like the older phones.
>
> We covered the fact Apple cheaped out on battery technology badgolferman.
>
> These threads contain referenced _cites_ proving Apple cheaped out on them.
> <https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/dusIMmPTfrA/m/5pzAj14gAgAJ>
> <https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/NDA_PaBCDf8/m/bDwjoEApCQAJ>
> <https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/zmumvfSvCUk/m/OgBZYUORBwAJ>
>
> Notice the iKooks are not only ignorant of everything Apple does, to the
> point that I have to wonder if they've ever read a newspaper in their lives
> but more to the point, we _covered_ in detail iOS cheaped out on batteries.
>
> The iKooks are so ignorant, they can't even remember what we covered here!

De-contenting, like airlines.
Adding fees to regain removed attributes, like airlines.
Who learned from whom?

Re: battery life test

<tkjhiu$p41$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11770&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11770

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 12:57:45 -0600
 by: Andy Burnelli - Thu, 10 Nov 2022 18:57 UTC

News wrote:

> De-contenting, like airlines.
> Adding fees to regain removed attributes, like airlines.
> Who learned from whom?

This is true that Apple isn't the only large company whose strategy is to
decontent the product and then sell back what they removed to consumers.

I'd tend to agree with you that the airlines are even worse than is Apple
even as Apple markeing always has their ready-made solution for you to get
the content back - just as the airlines do - e.g., pay for your lunch &
baggage & seat choice & even pay for the ability to get on the plane first.

Hence I agree that Apple isn't the only one decontenting to sell it back.
What other industries habitually decontent just so they can sell it back?

Re: battery life test

<tkjktr$k22i$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11778&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11778

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 11:54:34 -0800
 by: Alan - Thu, 10 Nov 2022 19:54 UTC

On 2022-11-10 10:31, Andy Burnelli wrote:
> badgolferman wrote:
>
>> They don't make them like they used to...
>
> Hi badgolferman,
>
> My conversations with you are unlike those with the child-like iKooks.
> We cover details and innuendo and deep understanding of Apple history.
>
> Always keep in mind my facts are credible and that the iKooks don't seem to
> have ever read a newspaper in their entire lives, based on how ignorant
> they are of topics which are extremely well known in the common references.
>
>  *Apple has been cheaping out on batteries for _years_ badgolferman*

This is more Arlen bullshit.

> The iKooks never read a newspaper in their life & they forget topics we've
> covered in great detail on this very newsgroups - they're that ignorant.
>
> We had entire threads with multiple cites showing Apple cheaped on out
> batteries, both the boards and the components and the battery sizes.
>
> The iKooks are oblivious to all facts pertaining to Apple, but since you're
> an adult, I can dig up those references for you if you want more proof.
>
> Remember badgolferman, what sets me most apart from the ignorant iKooks is
> that I'm well educated and they have absolutely zero education (not to
> mention the iKooks have an IQ of about 40 to 60 in general)...
> That means I can comprehend facts that iKooks can't possibly understand.
>
> *Apple put cheap batteries and boards into the iPhone 12 for profit*
> https://www.theverge.com/2020/8/21/21394985/apple-iphone-12-battery-cost-5g-kuo
> https://appleinsider.com/articles/20/08/21/apple-to-offset-cost-of-5g-iphone-components-with-cheaper-battery-tech
> https://www.maticstoday.com/2020/08/21/why-apple-is-using-cheap-battery-parts-in-iphone-12/
> https://9to5mac.com/2020/08/21/kuo-iphone-12-5g-component-cost/
> https://www.pcmag.com/news/report-iphone-12-to-use-smaller-cheaper-battery
> https://www.macrumors.com/2020/08/20/kuo-iphone-12-battery-board/
> https://www.timesnownews.com/technology-science/article/apple-opting-for-cheaper-battery-parts-to-cut-costs-on-5g-iphone-12-analyst-ming-chi-kuo/640657
> https://techlog360.com/apple-will-use-cheaper-parts-in-the-iphone-12/
>
>> I agree about the iPhone 4-6 being good on batteries, but everything
>> I've had since then (excepting SE) have had their battery life degrade
>> 10-12% within 18 months.
>
> Apple has been cheaping out on batteries for _years_ badgolferman.

This is just Arlen bullshit.

> Just as Apple's strategy is to slowly decontent the iPhone so that the poor
> customer is forced to figure out a way to get the functionality back, Apple
> has been making the phone battery less and less equivalent to Androids.
>
> There isn't a _single_ iPhone battery anywhere near the Android phones.
>
> For example, my _free_ A32-5G, which is a bottom-of-the-barrel Samsung, has
> a huge battery compared to the best of the best of the best of iPhones.

The actual capacity of the battery is irrelevant.

What matters is how long the battery actually allows the phone to run.

And in that area, iPhones are more than competitive.

<https://www.tomsguide.com/us/smartphones-best-battery-life,review-2857.html>

4 out of the top 15 smartphones tested were iPhones.

Arlen knows this, so he insists that it's the actual size of the battery
that matters.

This is much like he used to love to talk about how "inferior" iPhone
cameras were, but never acknowledged that his chosen source was testing
iPhones long after they had come out and so they looked bad against
significantly newer cameras.