There is never time to do it right, but always time to do it over.

interests / alt.food.fast-food / Probably The Most Detailed "Best / Worst" Fast Food Survey There Is

SubjectAuthor
* Probably The Most Detailed "Best / Worst" Fast Food Survey There IsKlausSchadenfreude
+* Re: Probably The Most Detailed "Best / Worst" Fast Food Survey There IsCujo DeSockpuppet
|`* Re: Probably The Most Detailed "Best / Worst" Fast Food Survey There IsKlausSchadenfreude
| +- Re: Probably The Most Detailed "Best / Worst" Fast Food Survey There IsCujo DeSockpuppet
| `- Re: Probably The Most Detailed "Best / Worst" Fast Food Survey There IsKWills
`- Re: Probably The Most Detailed "Best / Worst" Fast Food Survey There IsKWills

1
Probably The Most Detailed "Best / Worst" Fast Food Survey There Is

<nah7lht0k6m0afmn5cbtlilt7ifv8ark4t@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11786&group=alt.food.fast-food#11786

From: klaus.sc...@gmail.com (KlausSchadenfreude)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Subject: Probably The Most Detailed "Best / Worst" Fast Food Survey There Is
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2022 03:30:39 -0700
 by: KlausSchadenfreude - Sat, 22 Oct 2022 10:30 UTC

Replying on Google Maps reviews, Matt Pelkey identified the best-known
fast-food chains for burgers, pizza, doughnuts, chicken and Mexican
food. Then he located the branches of these in every state and the 50
most populous cities and analyzed the ratings they have on Google
Maps. He created a weighted averaging system to calculate the top- and
bottom-rated fast-food chains in each region.

Key Findings
Chick-fil-A is the top-rated fast-food chain in most states (34) and
big cities (27 out of 50).
Papa John’s is the lowest-rated chain in 16 states, more than any
other chain.
On a state-by-state basis, Five Guys is America’s favorite burger
joint, and McDonald’s and Burger King are tied for America’s worst.
21 big cities rate Domino’s the lowest among fast-food chains — more
than any other brand.

https://www.cashnetusa.com/blog/most-popular-fast-food-by-state/

He then separated the data by cuisine-- Burgers, Chicken, Doughnuts,
Mexican and Mexican-inspired, and pizza.

> Then you admit that the grill seasoning-- which is salt and pepper--
WRONG. WRONG ONCE AGAIN, KLOUS [sic].
The Grill [sic] seasoning ISN'T salt and pepper, the grill seasoning is MADE with
salt and pepper. Becouse [sic] salt and pepper are INGREDIENT'S [sic] of the grill seasoning.
-Jenny, admitting-- AGAIN-- that salt and pepper are ingredients of the Big Mac.

Re: Probably The Most Detailed "Best / Worst" Fast Food Survey There Is

<XnsAF38635AB1215PantyheadPoorHouse@88.198.57.247>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11787&group=alt.food.fast-food#11787

From: cuj...@petitmorte.net (Cujo DeSockpuppet)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2022 13:46:00 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Cujo DeSockpuppet - Sat, 22 Oct 2022 13:46 UTC

KlausSchadenfreude <klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote in

> Replying on Google Maps reviews, Matt Pelkey identified the best-known
> fast-food chains for burgers, pizza, doughnuts, chicken and Mexican
> food. Then he located the branches of these in every state and the 50
> most populous cities and analyzed the ratings they have on Google
> Maps. He created a weighted averaging system to calculate the top- and
> bottom-rated fast-food chains in each region.
>
> Key Findings
> Chick-fil-A is the top-rated fast-food chain in most states (34) and
> big cities (27 out of 50).
> Papa John�s is the lowest-rated chain in 16 states, more than any
> other chain.
> On a state-by-state basis, Five Guys is America�s favorite burger
> joint, and McDonald�s and Burger King are tied for America�s worst.
> 21 big cities rate Domino�s the lowest among fast-food chains � more
> than any other brand.
>
> https://www.cashnetusa.com/blog/most-popular-fast-food-by-state/
>
> He then separated the data by cuisine-- Burgers, Chicken, Doughnuts,
> Mexican and Mexican-inspired, and pizza.

While Dominos and Crappa Johns are pretty bad, Little Caesars is the
worst and I don't see them on here. you would figure Pizza Slut would
qualify too.

My reasoning is that you can get a passable thin crust for the first two
but LC's quality is that of a cheap supermarket brand.

--
"If the viewer doesn't read the language the film is in, that's why
subtitles are provided." - Will Dockery being his usual incoherent self.

Re: Probably The Most Detailed "Best / Worst" Fast Food Survey There Is

<ir08lh56povgsio7f46m75i4hvo2678vak@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11788&group=alt.food.fast-food#11788

From: klaus.sc...@gmail.com (KlausSchadenfreude)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2022 07:52:34 -0700
 by: KlausSchadenfreude - Sat, 22 Oct 2022 14:52 UTC

On Sat, 22 Oct 2022 13:46:00 -0000 (UTC), Cujo DeSockpuppet
<cujo@petitmorte.net> wrote:

>KlausSchadenfreude <klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote in
>
>> Replying on Google Maps reviews, Matt Pelkey identified the best-known
>> fast-food chains for burgers, pizza, doughnuts, chicken and Mexican
>> food. Then he located the branches of these in every state and the 50
>> most populous cities and analyzed the ratings they have on Google
>> Maps. He created a weighted averaging system to calculate the top- and
>> bottom-rated fast-food chains in each region.
>>
>> Key Findings
>> Chick-fil-A is the top-rated fast-food chain in most states (34) and
>> big cities (27 out of 50).
>> Papa John’s is the lowest-rated chain in 16 states, more than any
>> other chain.
>> On a state-by-state basis, Five Guys is America’s favorite burger
>> joint, and McDonald’s and Burger King are tied for America’s worst.
>> 21 big cities rate Domino’s the lowest among fast-food chains — more
>> than any other brand.
>>
>> https://www.cashnetusa.com/blog/most-popular-fast-food-by-state/
>>
>> He then separated the data by cuisine-- Burgers, Chicken, Doughnuts,
>> Mexican and Mexican-inspired, and pizza.
>
>While Dominos and Crappa Johns are pretty bad, Little Caesars is the
>worst and I don't see them on here. you would figure Pizza Slut would
>qualify too.
>
>My reasoning is that you can get a passable thin crust for the first two
>but LC's quality is that of a cheap supermarket brand.

Looks like they might have made the cut for Rhode Island. I've never
had a Papa Johns-- can they be that bad?

> Then you admit that the grill seasoning-- which is salt and pepper--
WRONG. WRONG ONCE AGAIN, KLOUS [sic].
The Grill [sic] seasoning ISN'T salt and pepper, the grill seasoning is MADE with
salt and pepper. Becouse [sic] salt and pepper are INGREDIENT'S [sic] of the grill seasoning.
-Jenny, admitting-- AGAIN-- that salt and pepper are ingredients of the Big Mac.

Re: Probably The Most Detailed "Best / Worst" Fast Food Survey There Is

<XnsAF38C0A90B47PantyheadPoorHouse@88.198.57.247>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11799&group=alt.food.fast-food#11799

From: cuj...@petitmorte.net (Cujo DeSockpuppet)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2022 22:56:21 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Cujo DeSockpuppet - Sat, 22 Oct 2022 22:56 UTC

> On Sat, 22 Oct 2022 13:46:00 -0000 (UTC), Cujo DeSockpuppet
> <cujo@petitmorte.net> wrote:
>
>>KlausSchadenfreude <klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote in
>>
>>> Replying on Google Maps reviews, Matt Pelkey identified the
>>> best-known fast-food chains for burgers, pizza, doughnuts, chicken
>>> and Mexican food. Then he located the branches of these in every
>>> state and the 50 most populous cities and analyzed the ratings they
>>> have on Google Maps. He created a weighted averaging system to
>>> calculate the top- and bottom-rated fast-food chains in each region.
>>>
>>> Key Findings
>>> Chick-fil-A is the top-rated fast-food chain in most states (34) and
>>> big cities (27 out of 50).
>>> Papa John�s is the lowest-rated chain in 16 states, more than any
>>> other chain.
>>> On a state-by-state basis, Five Guys is America�s favorite burger
>>> joint, and McDonald�s and Burger King are tied for America�s worst.
>>> 21 big cities rate Domino�s the lowest among fast-food chains � more
>>> than any other brand.
>>>
>>> https://www.cashnetusa.com/blog/most-popular-fast-food-by-state/
>>>
>>> He then separated the data by cuisine-- Burgers, Chicken, Doughnuts,
>>> Mexican and Mexican-inspired, and pizza.
>>
>>While Dominos and Crappa Johns are pretty bad, Little Caesars is the
>>worst and I don't see them on here. you would figure Pizza Slut would
>>qualify too.
>>
>>My reasoning is that you can get a passable thin crust for the first
>>two but LC's quality is that of a cheap supermarket brand.
>
> Looks like they might have made the cut for Rhode Island. I've never
> had a Papa Johns-- can they be that bad?

That "Better ingredients, better pizza" slogan isn't quite true. I've
tried them a few times over the years and always came away bitterly
disappointed. It's a step up from Little Seizures or store bought frozen
pizza. But even CostCo has better pizza. That's sad.

The few "take and bake" shops I've tried over the years are so much
better.

--
"If the viewer doesn't read the language the film is in, that's why
subtitles are provided." - Will Dockery being his usual incoherent self.

Re: Probably The Most Detailed "Best / Worst" Fast Food Survey There Is

<p5t9lh1kuaig7ndrlemqnnk8mt7u1lpfeh@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11815&group=alt.food.fast-food#11815

From: a...@b.com (KWills)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2022 01:01:18 -0700
 by: KWills - Sun, 23 Oct 2022 08:01 UTC

On Sat, 22 Oct 2022 03:30:39 -0700, KlausSchadenfreude
<klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote:

>Replying on Google Maps reviews, Matt Pelkey identified the best-known
>fast-food chains for burgers, pizza, doughnuts, chicken and Mexican
>food. Then he located the branches of these in every state and the 50
>most populous cities and analyzed the ratings they have on Google
>Maps. He created a weighted averaging system to calculate the top- and
>bottom-rated fast-food chains in each region.
>
>Key Findings
>Chick-fil-A is the top-rated fast-food chain in most states (34) and
>big cities (27 out of 50).

I can state I find their grilled chicken nuggests to be very
good. I can't comment with any personal experience as to anything
else. But the kids always like the other options.

>Papa John’s is the lowest-rated chain in 16 states, more than any
>other chain.

As I remember it, it's... OK. Nothing special. But it will do if
one is desperate for a pizza and there's nothing else available.

>On a state-by-state basis, Five Guys is America’s favorite burger
>joint,

That surprises me. It's been so long since I ate at one I can't
be 100% committed on a review. But I didn't think it was anything too
special.

> and McDonald’s and Burger King are tied for America’s worst.

I can agree with McDonald's. It's not horrible, but there are so
many better options, IMO. Burger King, while certainly not number one,
doesn't deserve to be tied for the worst.

>21 big cities rate Domino’s the lowest among fast-food chains — more
>than any other brand.

For a short time, Domino's experimented with pre-made and cooked
pizzas in the LA area. Maybe other markets as well. Since it's not
offered, as far as I know, in LA, I presume it wasn't a success. As
such, I don't think it could be seen as fast food. If it is still an
option elsewhere, then it could be seen as such in those markets.

>https://www.cashnetusa.com/blog/most-popular-fast-food-by-state/
>
>He then separated the data by cuisine-- Burgers, Chicken, Doughnuts,
>Mexican and Mexican-inspired, and pizza.

>> Then you admit that the grill seasoning-- which is salt and pepper--
>WRONG. WRONG ONCE AGAIN, KLOUS [sic].
>The Grill [sic] seasoning ISN'T salt and pepper, the grill seasoning is MADE with
>salt and pepper. Becouse [sic] salt and pepper are INGREDIENT'S [sic] of the grill seasoning.
>-Jenny, admitting-- AGAIN-- that salt and pepper are ingredients of the Big Mac.

--
When cryptography is outlawed,
bayl bhgynjf jvyy unir cevinpl.

Re: Probably The Most Detailed "Best / Worst" Fast Food Survey There Is

<g6t9lhpa2gt6981s6801l7ep21q4ph8vu7@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11816&group=alt.food.fast-food#11816

From: a...@b.com (KWills)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2022 01:01:56 -0700
 by: KWills - Sun, 23 Oct 2022 08:01 UTC

On Sat, 22 Oct 2022 07:52:34 -0700, KlausSchadenfreude
<klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

>>My reasoning is that you can get a passable thin crust for the first two
>>but LC's quality is that of a cheap supermarket brand.
>
>Looks like they might have made the cut for Rhode Island. I've never
>had a Papa Johns-- can they be that bad?

It's been many years since I last had pizza from Papa John's.
It's not horrible. But as I recall, Pizza Hut is much better.
I would suggest trying it once in your life. If nothing else,
you'll gain a greater appreciation for DiGiorno. :)

--
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

interests / alt.food.fast-food / Probably The Most Detailed "Best / Worst" Fast Food Survey There Is