From: forget...@postit.INVALID.gov (bad sector)
Subject: Pan: undelete deleted posts?
Newsgroups: news.software.readers
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 21:38:38 +0000
 by: bad sector - Fri, 30 Sep 2022 21:38 UTC

Some postings or entire threads just vanish from
the headers list. I suppose I could be mistakenly
deleteing them (from view in my reader). If such
be the case how can I undelete them?

--
Fridays are Tumbleweed days
openSUSE Tumbleweed, Kernel=5.19.8-1-default on

Re: Pan: undelete deleted posts?

<_D%4L.723733$odm4.117788@fx14.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1183&group=news.software.readers#1183

From: pep...@egg.nog (Pepi)
Subject: Re: Pan: undelete deleted posts?
Newsgroups: news.software.readers
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2022 00:10:34 GMT
 by: Pepi - Sun, 23 Oct 2022 00:10 UTC

A bit late to the party here, but FWIW:

On Fri, 30 Sep 2022 21:38:38 +0000, bad sector wrote:

> headers list

Not sure what that is. :/

> Some postings or entire threads just vanish

If you have set it up to hide read articles, that might be the case. There
is a row of filter buttons at the top of the main window, hover the mouse
pointer over them and find "Match Only Unread Articles", that's the one to
click. If nothing happens, there is something else going on.

There are menu items for the same. Activate the Header Pane (so you can
see what happens). Then under menu View > Header Pane there are menu items
that do the same thing as the buttons.

If you press Delete while an article is selected in the Header Pane, you
can only get them back if you reload the articles from a few days back,
depending on how long ago the article that went away was new.

--
___ _ | http://www.defectivebydesign.org/guide |
-(o o)----/_/_--_--.--| >Purge M$ products!< |