From: klaus.sc...@gmail.com (KlausSchadenfreude)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Subject: Convenience Stores Eying Fast Food Market
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2022 05:32:02 -0700
 by: KlausSchadenfreude - Sat, 29 Oct 2022 12:32 UTC

https://thetakeout.com/7-eleven-drive-thru-menu-convenience-store-fast-food-1849716119

The phrase “fast food” likely evokes some very specific brand names:
McDonald’s, Taco Bell, White Castle.

Convenience store leader 7-Eleven isn’t just nipping at the heels of
major fast food brands—it’s surpassing them. At 9,000 units, the chain
has more locations than Taco Bell, Wendy’s, and Burger King, and in
recent years has been leaning more heavily on its ready-to-eat
options.

In 2018, 7-Eleven debuted its delivery app, one replete with deals.
In 2019, 7-Eleven introduced Evolution Store prototypes, the most
recent of which includes a full Laredo Taco Company restaurant
complete with a patio, beer, wine, and frozen margaritas, according to
QSR Magazine.
In 2021, one 7-Eleven Laredo Taco Company hybrid store featured the
chain’s first drive-thru where, in addition to tacos, customers can
get anything from 7-Eleven’s shelves, heat lamps, or soda fountains.
Yes, that means drive-thru Slurpees.

It’s not just 7-Eleven changing its model. BP now has Ampm convenience
stores that serve hot deli items, fresh fruit, and other more
traditional groceries. QuikTrip has a variety of made-to-order subs
that rival chains like Subway. The $5 Kwik Trip chicken is a venerated
institution. And Casey’s continues to experiment with its breakfast
pizza.

Looks like convenience stores are now officially part of the fast food
landscape.

> Then you admit that the grill seasoning-- which is salt and pepper--
WRONG. WRONG ONCE AGAIN, KLOUS [sic].
The Grill [sic] seasoning ISN'T salt and pepper, the grill seasoning is MADE with
salt and pepper. Becouse [sic] salt and pepper are INGREDIENT'S [sic] of the grill seasoning.
-Jenny, admitting-- AGAIN-- that salt and pepper are ingredients of the Big Mac.

Re: Convenience Stores Eying Fast Food Market

<mhcqlhp4lh53pfk8g61cql5efimhn13vgv@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11869&group=alt.food.fast-food#11869

From: a...@b.com (KWills)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Subject: Re: Convenience Stores Eying Fast Food Market
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2022 07:02:18 -0700
 by: KWills - Sat, 29 Oct 2022 14:02 UTC

On Sat, 29 Oct 2022 05:32:02 -0700, KlausSchadenfreude
<klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote:

>https://thetakeout.com/7-eleven-drive-thru-menu-convenience-store-fast-food-1849716119
>
>The phrase “fast food” likely evokes some very specific brand names:
>McDonald’s, Taco Bell, White Castle.
>
>Convenience store leader 7-Eleven isn’t just nipping at the heels of
>major fast food brands—it’s surpassing them. At 9,000 units, the chain
>has more locations than Taco Bell, Wendy’s, and Burger King, and in
>recent years has been leaning more heavily on its ready-to-eat
>options.

Many convenience stores have fast food options. I know, from
personally seeing, that Circle K, Roadrunner and 7-Eleven offer cooked
hamburgers, hotdogs and even pizza slices in the LA area. Well, I've
only been to the North Hollywood Roadrunner, so I can't be as absolute
with the claim in regards to other locations.
I don't recall seeing a convenience store that doesn't offer
microwave food options. While not what would first come to mind as
fast food, since the options can be acquired quickly and eaten,
microwave foods do fit the group's definition.

>In 2018, 7-Eleven debuted its delivery app, one replete with deals.
>In 2019, 7-Eleven introduced Evolution Store prototypes, the most
>recent of which includes a full Laredo Taco Company restaurant
>complete with a patio, beer, wine, and frozen margaritas, according to
>QSR Magazine.

If this option is available in LA, I'm not aware of it. But since
it's a Texas based chain, this isn't unexpected. If the stores prove
profitable, I'm sure that they will find their way here.

>In 2021, one 7-Eleven Laredo Taco Company hybrid store featured the
>chain’s first drive-thru where, in addition to tacos, customers can
>get anything from 7-Eleven’s shelves, heat lamps, or soda fountains.
>Yes, that means drive-thru Slurpees.

Would even Jenny be so lazy that going inside for a slurpee isn't
an option? Sheesh.

>It’s not just 7-Eleven changing its model. BP now has Ampm convenience
>stores that serve hot deli items, fresh fruit, and other more
>traditional groceries. QuikTrip has a variety of made-to-order subs
>that rival chains like Subway. The $5 Kwik Trip chicken is a venerated
>institution. And Casey’s continues to experiment with its breakfast
>pizza.

If I should ever visit Iowa again, I'll see about sampling such
items. In the 90's, QuipTrip had pre-made and packaged subs available.
They did not offer made-to-order items.

>Looks like convenience stores are now officially part of the fast food
>landscape.

An argument can be made that with microwave options, they've been
a part of the landscape for decades.

--
"Hail imp," shouted Vlad, the Imp Hailer.

Re: Convenience Stores Eying Fast Food Market

<rklqlh9krj2l26ntt8kuak12pf0009eidq@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11871&group=alt.food.fast-food#11871

From: klaus.sc...@gmail.com (KlausSchadenfreude)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2022 09:37:38 -0700
 by: KlausSchadenfreude - Sat, 29 Oct 2022 16:37 UTC

On Sat, 29 Oct 2022 07:02:18 -0700, KWills <a@b.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 29 Oct 2022 05:32:02 -0700, KlausSchadenfreude
><klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>https://thetakeout.com/7-eleven-drive-thru-menu-convenience-store-fast-food-1849716119
>>
>>The phrase “fast food” likely evokes some very specific brand names:
>>McDonald’s, Taco Bell, White Castle.
>>
>>Convenience store leader 7-Eleven isn’t just nipping at the heels of
>>major fast food brands—it’s surpassing them. At 9,000 units, the chain
>>has more locations than Taco Bell, Wendy’s, and Burger King, and in
>>recent years has been leaning more heavily on its ready-to-eat
>>options.
>>

> Many convenience stores have fast food options. I know, from
>personally seeing, that Circle K, Roadrunner and 7-Eleven offer cooked
>hamburgers, hotdogs and even pizza slices in the LA area. Well, I've
>only been to the North Hollywood Roadrunner, so I can't be as absolute
>with the claim in regards to other locations.
> I don't recall seeing a convenience store that doesn't offer
>microwave food options. While not what would first come to mind as
>fast food, since the options can be acquired quickly and eaten,
>microwave foods do fit the group's definition.
>
>>In 2018, 7-Eleven debuted its delivery app, one replete with deals.
>>In 2019, 7-Eleven introduced Evolution Store prototypes, the most
>>recent of which includes a full Laredo Taco Company restaurant
>>complete with a patio, beer, wine, and frozen margaritas, according to
>>QSR Magazine.
>
> If this option is available in LA, I'm not aware of it. But since
>it's a Texas based chain, this isn't unexpected. If the stores prove
>profitable, I'm sure that they will find their way here.
>
>>In 2021, one 7-Eleven Laredo Taco Company hybrid store featured the
>>chain’s first drive-thru where, in addition to tacos, customers can
>>get anything from 7-Eleven’s shelves, heat lamps, or soda fountains.
>>Yes, that means drive-thru Slurpees.
>>

> Would even Jenny be so lazy that going inside for a slurpee isn't
>an option? Sheesh.

I would imagine that once Jenny has shoe-horned himself into his car,
he wouldn't get out for anything less that five double bacon
cheeseburgers.

> Then you admit that the grill seasoning-- which is salt and pepper--
WRONG. WRONG ONCE AGAIN, KLOUS [sic].
The Grill [sic] seasoning ISN'T salt and pepper, the grill seasoning is MADE with
salt and pepper. Becouse [sic] salt and pepper are INGREDIENT'S [sic] of the grill seasoning.
-Jenny, admitting-- AGAIN-- that salt and pepper are ingredients of the Big Mac.

Re: Convenience Stores Eying Fast Food Market

<6vnslhhldf553ttie7l2ubf7qun8h1m95m@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11872&group=alt.food.fast-food#11872

From: a...@b.com (KWills)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2022 04:28:40 -0700
 by: KWills - Sun, 30 Oct 2022 11:28 UTC

On Sat, 29 Oct 2022 09:37:38 -0700, KlausSchadenfreude
<klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

>>>In 2021, one 7-Eleven Laredo Taco Company hybrid store featured the
>>>chain’s first drive-thru where, in addition to tacos, customers can
>>>get anything from 7-Eleven’s shelves, heat lamps, or soda fountains.
>>>Yes, that means drive-thru Slurpees.
>>
>> Would even Jenny be so lazy that going inside for a slurpee isn't
>>an option? Sheesh.
>
>I would imagine that once Jenny has shoe-horned himself into his car,
>he wouldn't get out for anything less that five double bacon
>cheeseburgers.

You make a valid point.

--
There once was a girl of society
Who behaved with extreme propriety

interests / alt.food.fast-food / Re: Convenience Stores Eying Fast Food Market