From: adm...@sec3.net (SEC3)
Subject: Ping Victor
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 10:53:28 -0400
 by: SEC3 - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 14:53 UTC

Something is amiss at your Victor YAMN remailer.

Well, actually the remailer itself is working okay. It is answering to
remailer-XXX requests. And it appears to be delivering remailer messages.

But at the same time it has fallen badly on all stats pages. Even at
your own pinger:

<https://echolot.virebent.art/mlist.txt>

Victor seems to be having trouble returning ping messages to Echolot
pinger services.

Pinger messages have email addresses that look like this:

echolot+ping=1583008800=4c84ad53@mixmin.net

Ensure your mail server can handle "+" symbols in email addresses. In
Postfix you want this line in your /etc/postfix/main.cf:

recipient_delimiter = +

--
SEC3

YAMN Tutorials - https://sec3.net/yamnhelp

Re: Ping Victor

<JjB7K.92769$sMg.84226@fx06.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11983&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#11983

Subject: Re: Ping Victor
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
From: adm...@sec3.net (SEC3)
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2022 12:20:56 -0400
 by: SEC3 - Tue, 19 Apr 2022 16:20 UTC

On 2022-04-18 10:53, SEC3 wrote:
> Something is amiss at your Victor YAMN remailer.
>
> Well, actually the remailer itself is working okay. It is answering to
> remailer-XXX requests. And it appears to be delivering remailer messages.
>
> But at the same time it has fallen badly on all stats pages

After looking at Victor's remailer-conf file I see that its stats and
keys are badly outdated. It was likely getting its stats from Austria
YAMN pinger which died a few weeks ago.

In yamn.cfg
you can change your pinger source by adding

[Urls]
Fetch = true
Pubring = https://www.mixmin.net/yamn/pubring.mix
Mlist2 = https://www.mixmin.net/yamn/mlist2.txt