From: nos...@nospam.invalid (paul)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Re: Researchers Say 'Massive' MacOS Bug Was Exploited by Hackers
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 20:42:51 +0200
 by: paul - Tue, 27 Apr 2021 18:42 UTC

Your Name wrote on 27.04.2021 07:01

>> Meanwhile, hackers have been exploiting serious bugs in Windows for decades.
>
> That's because Windoze is simply one massive piece of malware.

Windows sucks but Microsoft doesn't advertise they're safer than macOS.

Apple does. Worse people like you BELIEVE whatever Apple tells you in ads.

When Apple has these massive security holes it proves the ads are all lies.

It proves everything you believe in - from Apple - is an advertising lie.

Re: Researchers Say 'Massive' MacOS Bug Was Exploited by Hackers

<s69p07$eln$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11980&group=comp.sys.mac.system#11980

From: notonyou...@no.no.no.no (Alan Baker)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 12:34:31 -0700
 by: Alan Baker - Tue, 27 Apr 2021 19:34 UTC

On 2021-04-27 11:42 a.m., paul wrote:
> Your Name wrote on 27.04.2021 07:01
>
>>> Meanwhile, hackers have been exploiting serious bugs in Windows for decades.
>>
>> That's because Windoze is simply one massive piece of malware.
>
> Windows sucks but Microsoft doesn't advertise they're safer than macOS.
>
> Apple does. Worse people like you BELIEVE whatever Apple tells you in ads.

Really?

Show me such an advertisement.

> When Apple has these massive security holes it proves the ads are all lies.

No. One thing can be MORE safe than another without being completely safe.

> It proves everything you believe in - from Apple - is an advertising lie.

Re: Researchers Say 'Massive' MacOS Bug Was Exploited by Hackers

<barmar-0E72D0.11252401052021@reader.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11991&group=comp.sys.mac.system#11991

From: bar...@alum.mit.edu (Barry Margolin)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Sat, 01 May 2021 11:25:24 -0400
 by: Barry Margolin - Sat, 1 May 2021 15:25 UTC

In article <s69lv1$14a1$1@gioia.aioe.org>, paul <nospam@nospam.invalid>
wrote:

> Your Name wrote on 27.04.2021 07:01
>
> >> Meanwhile, hackers have been exploiting serious bugs in Windows for
> >> decades.
> >
> > That's because Windoze is simply one massive piece of malware.
>
> Windows sucks but Microsoft doesn't advertise they're safer than macOS.
>
> Apple does. Worse people like you BELIEVE whatever Apple tells you in ads.
>
> When Apple has these massive security holes it proves the ads are all lies.
>
> It proves everything you believe in - from Apple - is an advertising lie.

Safer doesn't mean perfect -- nothing is.

--
Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA

Re: Researchers Say 'Massive' MacOS Bug Was Exploited by Hackers

<if5bjqFb6upU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11992&group=comp.sys.mac.system#11992

From: timstrea...@greenbee.net (TimS)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system
Date: 1 May 2021 15:49:14 GMT
 by: TimS - Sat, 1 May 2021 15:49 UTC

On 27 Apr 2021 at 19:42:51 BST, paul <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:

> Your Name wrote on 27.04.2021 07:01
>
>>> Meanwhile, hackers have been exploiting serious bugs in Windows for decades.
>>
>> That's because Windoze is simply one massive piece of malware.
>
> Windows sucks but Microsoft doesn't advertise they're safer than macOS.
>
> Apple does.

And, given that macOS *is* safer than Windows, they're right to do so.

--
Tim

Re: Researchers Say 'Massive' MacOS Bug Was Exploited by Hackers

<s6ki9i$1b2l$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11993&group=comp.sys.mac.system#11993

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Sun, 2 May 2021 09:47:32 +1200
 by: Your Name - Sat, 1 May 2021 21:47 UTC

On 2021-05-01 15:49:14 +0000, TimS said:
> On 27 Apr 2021 at 19:42:51 BST, paul <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:
>> Your Name wrote on 27.04.2021 07:01

>>> That's because Windoze is simply one massive piece of malware.
>>
>> Windows sucks but Microsoft doesn't advertise they're safer than macOS.
>>
>> Apple does.
>
> And, given that macOS *is* safer than Windows, they're right to do so.

Any program coded by a five year old is safer than Windoze!