From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Subject: OMNIMIX: creating a nym account
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 10:05:24 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Fri, 22 Apr 2022 08:05 UTC

During the creation of a nym account, using the Nym Configurator, in
the tab Nym Accounts, it is better to check or to uncheck the SignSend
box?

In the Online Help
http://www.danner-net.de/omom/tutornymsetup.htm
there are two image: one image has the SignSend box checked, but a
second image has the SignSend box unchecked.
What is the difference and what is the better choice?

Re: OMNIMIX: creating a nym account

<20220422.161709.d5ec0252@mix2.remailer.xyz>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12001&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#12001

Subject: Re: OMNIMIX: creating a nym account
From: nore...@mix2.remailer.xyz (Yamn Remailer)
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 16:17:09 +0200
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Yamn Remailer - Fri, 22 Apr 2022 14:17 UTC

In article <1d2cd0db63cb58f6eae7277dcab2a164@dizum.com> Nomen Nescio
<nobody@dizum.com> wrote:

> During the creation of a nym account, using the Nym Configurator, in
> the tab Nym Accounts, it is better to check or to uncheck the SignSend
> box?
>
> In the Online Help
> http://www.danner-net.de/omom/tutornymsetup.htm
> there are two image: one image has the SignSend box checked, but a
> second image has the SignSend box unchecked.
> What is the difference and what is the better choice?

I usually have it unchecked and sign messages with my nym's key as
required.

<https://danner-net.de/omom/appendhelpnymserver.htm>:

| If you used the `+signsend' Nym-Command when creating your nym, any mail
| you send through <send@nym.panta-rhei.org> will be PGP signed and dated by
| the nym.panta-rhei.org private key to certify its authenticity. If you do not
| wish your mail to be signed, or if you have published your alias's
| public key and wish to sign messages yourself with that key, you can
| disable this default signing by sending a -signsend configuration
| command as described below.
|
| Regardless of your nym's configuration settings, you can also enable or
| disable both signing and acknowledgment of outgoing mail on a per-
| message basis. Do so by including in your encrypted and signed E-mail
| message a `Nym-Commands:' header with one or two of the +signsend, -
| signsend, +acksend, or -acksend keywords.

and

| +signsend/-signsend
| Enable/disable automatic PGP signing of any outgoing mail you send
| through the remailer. If you disable this, anyone can forge mail
| from your nym very easily (particularly since the sendmail program
| running on nym.panta-rhei.org does not add Received: headers to all
| mail). If you have decided to publish the public key of your nym,
| however, you will want to sign all outgoing messages with your nym's
| public key (that is sign them a second time inside the message--
| <send@nym.panta-rhei.org> will always reject a message unless it can
| strip off a valid signature around the whole thing).
|
| Having a nym.panta-rhei.org signature around another signature can
| prevent mail readers from verifying the inside signature, so you
| should choose the -signsend option if you want to sign all messages
| yourself. (See the section on "GENERATING A PGP KEY FOR YOUR NYM"
| for a note on the dangers of publishing your nym's PGP key.) This
| configuration option can be overridden on a per-message basis by a
| `Nym-Commands:' header in an outgoing mail message.

Re: OMNIMIX: creating a nym account

<3983577841c1815bd8aff6daf934319a@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12002&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#12002

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 19:54:25 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Fri, 22 Apr 2022 17:54 UTC

In article <20220422.161709.d5ec0252@mix2.remailer.xyz>
Yamn Remailer <noreply@mix2.remailer.xyz> wrote:

> In article <1d2cd0db63cb58f6eae7277dcab2a164@dizum.com> Nomen Nescio
> <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:
>
> > During the creation of a nym account, using the Nym Configurator, in
> > the tab Nym Accounts, it is better to check or to uncheck the SignSend
> > box?
> >
> > In the Online Help
> > http://www.danner-net.de/omom/tutornymsetup.htm
> > there are two image: one image has the SignSend box checked, but a
> > second image has the SignSend box unchecked.
> > What is the difference and what is the better choice?
>
> I usually have it unchecked and sign messages with my nym's key as
> required.
>
> >From the nym server help file
> <https://danner-net.de/omom/appendhelpnymserver.htm>:
>
> | If you used the `+signsend' Nym-Command when creating your nym, any mail
> | you send through <send@nym.panta-rhei.org> will be PGP signed and dated by
> | the nym.panta-rhei.org private key to certify its authenticity. If you do not
> | wish your mail to be signed, or if you have published your alias's
> | public key and wish to sign messages yourself with that key, you can
> | disable this default signing by sending a -signsend configuration
> | command as described below.
> |
> | Regardless of your nym's configuration settings, you can also enable or
> | disable both signing and acknowledgment of outgoing mail on a per-
> | message basis. Do so by including in your encrypted and signed E-mail
> | message a `Nym-Commands:' header with one or two of the +signsend, -
> | signsend, +acksend, or -acksend keywords.
>
> and
>
> | +signsend/-signsend
> | Enable/disable automatic PGP signing of any outgoing mail you send
> | through the remailer. If you disable this, anyone can forge mail
> | from your nym very easily (particularly since the sendmail program
> | running on nym.panta-rhei.org does not add Received: headers to all
> | mail). If you have decided to publish the public key of your nym,
> | however, you will want to sign all outgoing messages with your nym's
> | public key (that is sign them a second time inside the message--
> | <send@nym.panta-rhei.org> will always reject a message unless it can
> | strip off a valid signature around the whole thing).
> |
> | Having a nym.panta-rhei.org signature around another signature can
> | prevent mail readers from verifying the inside signature, so you
> | should choose the -signsend option if you want to sign all messages
> | yourself. (See the section on "GENERATING A PGP KEY FOR YOUR NYM"
> | for a note on the dangers of publishing your nym's PGP key.) This
> | configuration option can be overridden on a per-message basis by a
> | `Nym-Commands:' header in an outgoing mail message.

Just read the above nonsense.Too bad Christman isn't around. He'd
fix it so us dummies could use this elitist Yamn crap. As it is,
soon only the tech boys will be able to go anon on Usenet and E-mail.
Thank goodness Zax is still around for us QSL users.

I guess this is what they call Progress.

Re: OMNIMIX: creating a nym account

<a1a0596047b80c98daf3edca412b805a@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12003&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#12003

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 21:29:52 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Fri, 22 Apr 2022 19:29 UTC

On 4/22/2022 10:54 AM, Nomen Nescio wrote:

> Just read the above nonsense.Too bad Christman isn't around. He'd
> fix it so us dummies could use this elitist Yamn crap. As it is,
> soon only the tech boys will be able to go anon on Usenet and E-mail.
> Thank goodness Zax is still around for us QSL users.
>
> I guess this is what they call Progress.

Richard is gone.

Usenet and email are dying.

Zax developed Yamn and you have the nerve to call it elitist crap?

Where have you been while the world blew right by you?

Re: OMNIMIX: creating a nym account

<abd3ab992538a6c9a10474761eb4088c@remailer.paranoici.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12010&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#12010

From: nob...@remailer.paranoici.org (Anonymous)
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 23:01:15 +0000 (UTC)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous - Fri, 22 Apr 2022 23:01 UTC

In article <a1a0596047b80c98daf3edca412b805a@dizum.com>
Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:

> On 4/22/2022 10:54 AM, Nomen Nescio wrote:
>

> > Just read the above nonsense.Too bad Christman isn't around. He'd
> > fix it so us dummies could use this elitist Yamn crap. As it is,
> > soon only the tech boys will be able to go anon on Usenet and E-mail.
> > Thank goodness Zax is still around for us QSL users.
> >
> > I guess this is what they call Progress.
> >

> Richard is gone.
>
> Usenet and email are dying.
>
> Zax developed Yamn and you have the nerve to call it elitist crap?
>
> Where have you been while the world blew right by you?

Take another look at the post I replied to and tell me that the
average
QSL user understands any of this "Elitist" tech crap.

===
<nobody@dizum.com> wrote:

>>> any mail

>>> dated by

>>> you do not

>>> can

>>> enable or

>>> E-mail

>>> -

>>> all

>>> nym's

>>> can

>>> messages

===

Duh?

Re: OMNIMIX: creating a nym account

<e393bb8d65ce8e579293f2703943f8a5@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12011&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#12011

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 02:57:22 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Sat, 23 Apr 2022 00:57 UTC

On 4/22/2022 4:01 PM, Anonymous wrote:

you been while the world blew right by you?

> Take another look at the post I replied to and tell me that the
> average
> QSL user understands any of this "Elitist" tech crap.

You remind me of the obnoxious Tor whiner who posts his gibberish here.

There are lots of people who would be more than willing to help you here
if you would only ask instead of speeding 90MPH into the past like
you're doing.

I didn't know jackshit until I asked here. I'm glad I did.

"Elitist crap" my ass.

https://sec3.net/yamnhelp/

"
YAMN tries to look like its famous older brother Mixmaster. But there
are some significant differences and improvements. For example, there
are revised crypto functions. Instead of Mixmaster's Triple-DES,
RSAES-PKCS1-v1_5 and MD5, YAMN uses AES, NaCl Box and Blake2. Also
deterministic header padding has been added so as to protect against
tagging attacks."

"Significant differences and improvements."

"Also deterministic header padding has been added so as to protect
against tagging attacks."

Re: OMNIMIX: creating a nym account

<ebc8a7f9817ef79cc2fc495a7982e206@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12012&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#12012

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 04:28:03 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Sat, 23 Apr 2022 02:28 UTC

In article <e393bb8d65ce8e579293f2703943f8a5@dizum.com>
Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:

> On 4/22/2022 4:01 PM, Anonymous wrote:
>
> you been while the world blew right by you?
> >
> > Take another look at the post I replied to and tell me that the
> > average
> > QSL user understands any of this "Elitist" tech crap.
>
> You remind me of the obnoxious Tor whiner who posts his gibberish here.
>
> There are lots of people who would be more than willing to help you here
> if you would only ask instead of speeding 90MPH into the past like
> you're doing.

Oh, yeah, they ask - again and again and again trying to understand
all that elite technical yadda-yadda. Never did I see such endless
tekkie yadda-yadda needed to help with QSL. That was because
Christman succeeded in making QS for the everyday user. He wasn't
interested in complex yadda-yadda that only tekkie yadda-yadda
"experts" could understand.

As for the Tor whiner and myself, any poster who wastes his time
reading and arguing with such fools as us needs some help of his own.
:o)

Re: OMNIMIX: creating a nym account

<c9db70a01060b9e3b088c1f10c7d75ab@remailer.paranoici.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12014&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#12014

From: nob...@remailer.paranoici.org (Anonymous)
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 15:17:31 +0000 (UTC)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous - Sat, 23 Apr 2022 15:17 UTC

In article <ebc8a7f9817ef79cc2fc495a7982e206@dizum.com>
Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:

>In article <e393bb8d65ce8e579293f2703943f8a5@dizum.com>
>Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 4/22/2022 4:01 PM, Anonymous wrote:
>>
>> you been while the world blew right by you?
>> >
>> > Take another look at the post I replied to and tell me that the
>> > average
>> > QSL user understands any of this "Elitist" tech crap.
>>
>> You remind me of the obnoxious Tor whiner who posts his gibberish here.
>>
>> There are lots of people who would be more than willing to help you here
>> if you would only ask instead of speeding 90MPH into the past like
>> you're doing.
>>

>Oh, yeah, they ask - again and again and again trying to understand
>all that elite technical yadda-yadda. Never did I see such endless
>tekkie yadda-yadda needed to help with QSL. That was because
>Christman succeeded in making QS for the everyday user. He wasn't
>interested in complex yadda-yadda that only tekkie yadda-yadda
>"experts" could understand.

Compared with QS, installation of OM including Tor is so much easier.
<https://danner-net.de/omom/tutorinstall.htm>

The same goes with sending a normal remailer mail message and scheduling
dummy messages.
<https://danner-net.de/omom/tutorquickstart.htm>

And what's wrong having a look under the hood and discuss details
irrelevant to Joe Sixpack, who's content with basic remailing tasks?

Btw, the nym command explanation you objected to comes from a more than
a decade old nym help file returned by GHIO nym servers on request.

Compare that help file
<https://danner-net.de/omom/appendhelpnymserver.htm>
with OM's
<https://danner-net.de/omom/tutornymsetup.htm>
and you'll see how easy even setting up a nym account has become.

Then sending a nym messages only requires you to add a From: header
containing the nym's address! That's it!

And now tell us how to interact with nym accounts through Tor using QSL,
QSA and whatever else you need to do so.

Re: OMNIMIX: creating a nym account

<20220423.194829.674d2658@mix1.remailer.xyz>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12016&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#12016

Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 19:48:29 +0200
From: nore...@mix1.remailer.xyz (Yamn Remailer)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Yamn Remailer - Sat, 23 Apr 2022 17:48 UTC

On 4/22/2022 7:28 PM, Nomen Nescio wrote:

Never did I see such endless
> tekkie yadda-yadda needed to help with QSL. That was because
> Christman succeeded in making QS for the everyday user. He wasn't
> interested in complex yadda-yadda that only tekkie yadda-yadda
> "experts" could understand.

Dead wrong.

QSL was the subject of endless technical discussions and arguments over
the years.

Suspect you just got off the boat. And it shows.