Captain's Log, star date 21:34.5...

computers / alt.privacy.anon-server / Re: Redjohn Server Update

SubjectAuthor
* Redjohn Server UpdateRedjohn
+* Re: Redjohn Server UpdateSEC3
|+* Re: Redjohn Server UpdateGrant Taylor
||`* Re: Redjohn Server UpdateSEC3
|| `* Re: Redjohn Server UpdateGrant Taylor
||  `* Re: Redjohn Server UpdateSEC3
||   +- Re: Redjohn Server Updateinwtx
||   `- Re: Redjohn Server UpdateGrant Taylor
|+- Re: Redjohn Server UpdateRedjohn
|+- Re: Redjohn Server UpdateRedjohn
|`* Re: Redjohn Server UpdateRedjohn
| `* Re: Redjohn Server UpdateSEC3
|  `* Re: Redjohn Server UpdateRedjohn
|   `* Re: Redjohn Server UpdateSEC3
|    `- Re: Redjohn Server Updatermd
`* Re: Redjohn Server UpdateFritz Wuehler
 `- Re: Redjohn Server UpdateAnonymous

1
Redjohn Server Update

<VPmdnUE0Ka_oMMv_nZ2dnUU7-dnNnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11942&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#11942

Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
From: redj...@nym.mixmin.net (Redjohn)
Subject: Redjohn Server Update
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 04:01:00 -0700
 by: Redjohn - Wed, 13 Apr 2022 11:01 UTC

I will be shutting down redjohn at the end of May but need to prep for a
graceful exit. Can someone point me to the steps that I need to follow
on my server to stop receiving messages? Please note I could not send
this message via nym.mixmin.net as my Nym messages sent through this
server are not posting. Consequently, I could not sign this message.

Re: Redjohn Server Update

<k5A5K.392840$Lc1.381099@fx12.ams1>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11943&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#11943

Subject: Re: Redjohn Server Update
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
From: adm...@sec3.net (SEC3)
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 09:19:11 -0400
 by: SEC3 - Wed, 13 Apr 2022 13:19 UTC

On 2022-04-13 07:01, Redjohn wrote:
> I will be shutting down redjohn at the end of May but need to prep for a
> graceful exit. Can someone point me to the steps that I need to follow
> on my server to stop receiving messages? Please note I could not send
> this message via nym.mixmin.net as my Nym messages sent through this
> server are not posting. Consequently, I could not sign this message.

----2 weeks before closing date-----

In mix.cfg ensure this line is present and isn't commented with a #

EXTFLAGS testing

Then restart Mixmaster to have the change take effect.

This will not stop traffic from arriving at redjohn remailer but it will
make redjohn invisible to stats pages and thus reduce traffic in a big
way. It may take up to 24 hours for all the pingers to acknowledge this
change.

-----1 week before closing date-----

Remailer users will have stopped sending you messages by now. But the
pinger services will continue sending pings to you. So to deal with that
in a graceful manner I would suggest arranging to have all incoming
traffic to remailer@redjohn.net sent to /dev/null. You do that by
following these steps:

As root, edit the file /etc/aliases. If I remember correctly you are
currentl aliasing user mix to user remailer.

So change this line

mix remailer

mix /dev/null

Exit and save file.

At the command prompt type these 2 commands:

newaliases
postalias /etc/aliases

Finally, reload Postfix. (service postfix reload)

--
SEC3

YAMN Tutorials - https://sec3.net/yamnhelp

Re: Redjohn Server Update

<t36iut$sni$1@tncsrv09.home.tnetconsulting.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11944&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#11944

From: gtay...@tnetconsulting.net (Grant Taylor)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 07:25:20 -0600
 by: Grant Taylor - Wed, 13 Apr 2022 13:25 UTC

On 4/13/22 7:19 AM, SEC3 wrote:
> So change this line
>
> mix remailer

> mix /dev/null
>
> Exit and save file.

Why would you have the mix alias act like a black hole as opposed to
simply treating it as an email account that no longer exists?

I would think that treating it as an email account that no longer exists
would push any errors up stream where the senders will see them instead
of silently hiding things downstream.

> Finally, reload Postfix. (service postfix reload)

I'm surprised that you need to reload Postfix. I would think that
updating the aliases would be sufficient.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die

Re: Redjohn Server Update

<FHA5K.392841$Lc1.230152@fx12.ams1>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11945&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#11945

Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
From: adm...@sec3.net (SEC3)
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 10:00:04 -0400
 by: SEC3 - Wed, 13 Apr 2022 14:00 UTC

On 2022-04-13 09:25, Grant Taylor wrote:
> On 4/13/22 7:19 AM, SEC3 wrote:
>> So change this line
>>
>> mix remailer

>> mix /dev/null
>>
>> Exit and save file.
>
> Why would you have the mix alias act like a black hole as opposed to
> simply treating it as an email account that no longer exists?
>
> I would think that treating it as an email account that no longer exists
> would push any errors up stream where the senders will see them instead
> of silently hiding things downstream.

Redjohn Admin asked for a graceful exit. I interpreted that to mean that
he wants to close down his remailer in a way that doesn't burden his
fellow remops and pinger ops with lots of "mail is undeliverable"
messages. Thus the blackhole strategy.

>> Finally, reload Postfix. (service postfix reload)
>
> I'm surprised that you need to reload Postfix.  I would think that
> updating the aliases would be sufficient.

Postfix caches /etc/aliases. So a change to /etc/aliases needs a Postfix
reload. This is the Postfix way.

--
SEC3

YAMN Tutorials - https://sec3.net/yamnhelp

Re: Redjohn Server Update

<B-6dnSD2_a1628r_nZ2dnUU7-SHNnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11952&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#11952

Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
From: redj...@nym.mixmin.net (Redjohn)
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 14:55:49 -0700
 by: Redjohn - Wed, 13 Apr 2022 21:55 UTC

On 4/13/2022 6:19 AM, SEC3 wrote:
> On 2022-04-13 07:01, Redjohn wrote:
>> I will be shutting down redjohn at the end of May but need to prep for
>> a graceful exit. Can someone point me to the steps that I need to
>> follow on my server to stop receiving messages? Please note I could
>> not send this message via nym.mixmin.net as my Nym messages sent
>> through this server are not posting. Consequently, I could not sign
>> this message.
>>

> ----2 weeks before closing date-----
>
> In mix.cfg ensure this line is present and isn't commented with a #
>
> EXTFLAGS testing
>
> Then restart Mixmaster to have the change take effect.
>
> This will not stop traffic from arriving at redjohn remailer but it will
> make redjohn invisible to stats pages and thus reduce traffic in a big
> way. It may take up to 24 hours for all the pingers to acknowledge this
> change.
>

> -----1 week before closing date-----
>
> Remailer users will have stopped sending you messages by now. But the
> pinger services will continue sending pings to you. So to deal with that
> in a graceful manner I would suggest arranging to have all incoming
> traffic to remailer@redjohn.net sent to /dev/null. You do that by
> following these steps:
>
> As root, edit the file /etc/aliases. If I remember correctly you are
> currentl aliasing user mix to user remailer.
>
> So change this line
>
> mix remailer

> mix /dev/null
>
> Exit and save file.
>
> At the command prompt type these 2 commands:
>
> newaliases
> postalias /etc/aliases
>
> Finally, reload Postfix. (service postfix reload)

SEC3 thank you for your detailed response. I will make changes to the
server in the next 2-3 weeks. Man I'm starting to tear up here as it's
been such an honor to be part of this community for several years. I
want to thanks Zax, Inwtx, SEC3 and others who helped me to keep Redjohn
running. I'll post again as I make the changes to the Server so the
community won't have to guess what's going on with Redjohn.

Re: Redjohn Server Update

<t37hiq$u92$1@tncsrv09.home.tnetconsulting.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11953&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#11953

From: gtay...@tnetconsulting.net (Grant Taylor)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 16:07:57 -0600
 by: Grant Taylor - Wed, 13 Apr 2022 22:07 UTC

On 4/13/22 8:00 AM, SEC3 wrote:
> Redjohn Admin asked for a graceful exit. I interpreted that to mean that
> he wants to close down his remailer in a way that doesn't burden his
> fellow remops and pinger ops with lots of "mail is undeliverable"
> messages. Thus the blackhole strategy.

Okay.... That seems counter intuitive to my email administration
experience. But the logic does make sense. I'll chalk it up to another
difference between remailer email administration and normal email
administration.

> Postfix caches /etc/aliases. So a change to /etc/aliases needs a Postfix
> reload. This is the Postfix way.

#facePalm

Sendmail also caches the contents of the (configured) aliases file (oft
/etc/mail/aliases) but also monitors the file to know that it needs to
invalidate it's cached copy and re-read it.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die

Re: Redjohn Server Update

<f9f6d54807b57f6c4faaedb5c643953e@msgid.frell.theremailer.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11958&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#11958

From: fri...@spamexpire-202204.rodent.frell.theremailer.net (Fritz Wuehler)
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 21:41:47 +0200
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Fritz Wuehler - Thu, 14 Apr 2022 19:41 UTC

Redjohn <redjohn@nym.mixmin.net> wrote:

> I will be shutting down redjohn at the end of May
> but need to prep for a graceful exit.

Unfortunately, another remailer less.
Thank you in advance for the service you have given us.

Re: Redjohn Server Update

<d3917128eba7984ec534ee49349f8ac9@remailer.paranoici.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11966&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#11966

From: nob...@remailer.paranoici.org (Anonymous)
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 19:30:19 +0000 (UTC)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 19:30 UTC

Fritz Wuehler <fritz@spamexpire-202204.rodent.frell.theremailer.net> wrote:

> Redjohn <redjohn@nym.mixmin.net> wrote:
> >
> > I will be shutting down redjohn at the end of May
> > but need to prep for a graceful exit.
>
> Unfortunately, another remailer less.
> Thank you in advance for the service you have given us.

+1

Re: Redjohn Server Update

<OfidnZ58hbj9OfX_nZ2dnUU7-LGdnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12024&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#12024

Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
From: redj...@nym.mixmin.net (Redjohn)
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 18:52:49 -0700
 by: Redjohn - Wed, 27 Apr 2022 01:52 UTC

On 4/13/2022 6:19 AM, SEC3 wrote:
> On 2022-04-13 07:01, Redjohn wrote:
>> I will be shutting down redjohn at the end of May but need to prep for
>> a graceful exit. Can someone point me to the steps that I need to
>> follow on my server to stop receiving messages? Please note I could
>> not send this message via nym.mixmin.net as my Nym messages sent
>> through this server are not posting. Consequently, I could not sign
>> this message.
>>

> ----2 weeks before closing date-----
>
> In mix.cfg ensure this line is present and isn't commented with a #
>
> EXTFLAGS testing

There is no setting like the one above in my mix.cfg file

> Then restart Mixmaster to have the change take effect.
>
> This will not stop traffic from arriving at redjohn remailer but it will
> make redjohn invisible to stats pages and thus reduce traffic in a big
> way. It may take up to 24 hours for all the pingers to acknowledge this
> change.
>

> -----1 week before closing date-----
>
> Remailer users will have stopped sending you messages by now. But the
> pinger services will continue sending pings to you. So to deal with that
> in a graceful manner I would suggest arranging to have all incoming
> traffic to remailer@redjohn.net sent to /dev/null. You do that by
> following these steps:
>
> As root, edit the file /etc/aliases. If I remember correctly you are
> currentl aliasing user mix to user remailer.
>
> So change this line
>
> mix remailer

> mix /dev/null
>
> Exit and save file.

Here's the contents of my aliases file:

mailer-daemon: postmaster
postmaster: root
newsmaster: root
nobody: /dev/null
hostmaster: root
usenet: root
news: root
webmaster: root
www: root
ftp: root
abuse: root
noc: root
security: root

root: remopmail
admin: remopmail,redjohn@nym.mixmin.net
remailer: mix

> At the command prompt type these 2 commands:
>
> newaliases
> postalias /etc/aliases
>
> Finally, reload Postfix. (service postfix reload)

Re: Redjohn Server Update

<OfidnZl8hbhYOfX_nZ2dnUU7-LEAAAAA@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12025&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#12025

Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
From: redj...@nym.mixmin.net (Redjohn)
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 19:04:52 -0700
 by: Redjohn - Wed, 27 Apr 2022 02:04 UTC

On 4/13/2022 6:19 AM, SEC3 wrote:
> On 2022-04-13 07:01, Redjohn wrote:
>> I will be shutting down redjohn at the end of May but need to prep for
>> a graceful exit. Can someone point me to the steps that I need to
>> follow on my server to stop receiving messages? Please note I could
>> not send this message via nym.mixmin.net as my Nym messages sent
>> through this server are not posting. Consequently, I could not sign
>> this message.
>>

> ----2 weeks before closing date-----
>
> In mix.cfg ensure this line is present and isn't commented with a #
>
> EXTFLAGS testing

I have no EXTFLAGS testing in my mix.cfg file.

> Then restart Mixmaster to have the change take effect.
>
> This will not stop traffic from arriving at redjohn remailer but it will
> make redjohn invisible to stats pages and thus reduce traffic in a big
> way. It may take up to 24 hours for all the pingers to acknowledge this
> change.
>

> -----1 week before closing date-----
>
> Remailer users will have stopped sending you messages by now. But the
> pinger services will continue sending pings to you. So to deal with that
> in a graceful manner I would suggest arranging to have all incoming
> traffic to remailer@redjohn.net sent to /dev/null. You do that by
> following these steps:
>
> As root, edit the file /etc/aliases. If I remember correctly you are
> currentl aliasing user mix to user remailer.
>
> So change this line
>
> mix remailer

> mix /dev/null
>
> Exit and save file.

Here's my aliases file:

mailer-daemon: postmaster
postmaster: root
newsmaster: root
nobody: /dev/null
hostmaster: root
usenet: root
news: root
webmaster: root
www: root
ftp: root
abuse: root
noc: root
security: root

root: remopmail
admin: remopmail,redjohn@nym.mixmin.net
remailer: mix

> At the command prompt type these 2 commands:
>
> newaliases
> postalias /etc/aliases
>
> Finally, reload Postfix. (service postfix reload)

Re: Redjohn Server Update

<UowziSlatJoLglRsqeeuaUGGsLIaFbln@news.usenet.farm>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12026&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#12026

Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 22 03:13:13 UTC
From: adm...@sec3.net (SEC3)
 by: SEC3 - Wed, 27 Apr 2022 03:13 UTC

On 2022-04-26 22:04, Redjohn wrote:

>> In mix.cfg ensure this line is present and isn't commented with a #
>>
>> EXTFLAGS testing
>>
> I have no EXTFLAGS testing in my mix.cfg file.

Then go ahead and add that line yourself. Near the top of the mix.cfg
file. It should look something like this when you are done:

# mix.cfg -- installed Mon 10 Oct 02:37:22 BST 2016
SENDMAIL /usr/sbin/sendmail -t
EXTFLAGS testing

There should be a TAB space between the words "EXTFLAGS" and "testing".

> Here's my aliases file:
>
> mailer-daemon: postmaster
> postmaster: root
> newsmaster: root
> nobody: /dev/null
> hostmaster: root
> usenet: root
> news: root
> webmaster: root
> www: root
> ftp: root
> abuse: root
> noc: root
> security: root
>
> root: remopmail
> admin: remopmail,redjohn@nym.mixmin.net
> remailer: mix

Change
remailer: mix
remailer: /dev/null

Save the file and exit.

>> At the command prompt type these 2 commands:
>>
>> newaliases
>> postalias /etc/aliases
>>
>> Finally, reload Postfix. (service postfix reload)

--
SEC3

YAMN Tutorials - https://sec3.net/yamnhelp

Re: Redjohn Server Update

<DOcTSQoKaXXpHBaLkwShFvAgAKDTMIrW@news.usenet.farm>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12027&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#12027

Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 22 03:42:29 UTC
From: adm...@sec3.net (SEC3)
 by: SEC3 - Wed, 27 Apr 2022 03:42 UTC

On 2022-04-13 18:07, Grant Taylor wrote:
> On 4/13/22 8:00 AM, SEC3 wrote:
>> Redjohn Admin asked for a graceful exit. I interpreted that to mean
>> that he wants to close down his remailer in a way that doesn't burden
>> his fellow remops and pinger ops with lots of "mail is undeliverable"
>> messages. Thus the blackhole strategy.
>
> Okay....  That seems counter intuitive to my email administration
> experience.  But the logic does make sense.  I'll chalk it up to another
> difference between remailer email administration and normal email
> administration.
>
>> Postfix caches /etc/aliases. So a change to /etc/aliases needs a
>> Postfix reload. This is the Postfix way.
>
> #facePalm
>
> Sendmail also caches the contents of the (configured) aliases file (oft
> /etc/mail/aliases) but also monitors the file to know that it needs to
> invalidate it's cached copy and re-read it.

I taught myself Linux & Postfix in order to run a VPS server so that I
could run a remailer. Along the way I took a lot of advice from Zax and
other remop veterans. One of the first things they taught me was:

vi /etc/aliases
newaliases
postalias /etc/aliases
service postfix reload

After your #facepalm comment I did some research. Had I been doing it
wrong all this time? It seems that Yes. I had been. Well not Wrong.
Those commands performed what I wanted them to but it seems that,
as you suggested,

service postfix reload

was unnecessary.

I'm still uncertain about whether the postalias command has also been
superfluous. 'More to research.

--
SEC3

YAMN Tutorials - https://sec3.net/yamnhelp

Re: Redjohn Server Update

<t4bjak$1pgnr$1@news.mixmin.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12029&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#12029

From: nore...@inwtx.net (inwtx)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 09:17:56 -0500
logging-data="1884923"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@mixmin.net"
 by: inwtx - Wed, 27 Apr 2022 14:17 UTC

> vi /etc/aliases
> newaliases
> postalias /etc/aliases
> service postfix reload

This is what I have always used:

sudo newaliases && sudo postalias /etc/aliases && sudo postfix reload # add aliases, build db, reload postfix

Re: Redjohn Server Update

<t4boq4$hp9$1@tncsrv09.home.tnetconsulting.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12032&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#12032

From: gtay...@tnetconsulting.net (Grant Taylor)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 09:51:33 -0600
 by: Grant Taylor - Wed, 27 Apr 2022 15:51 UTC

On 4/27/22 3:42 AM, SEC3 wrote:
> I taught myself Linux & Postfix in order to run a VPS server so that I
> could run a remailer.

Kudos

/me turns to the waitress and says that SEC3's next cup of coffee is on me.

> After your #facepalm comment I did some research. Had I been doing it
> wrong all this time?

I'm glad that you took it for the way that I intended it. That as a
question of is that process really necessary, not a question of how you
have been doing it.

I too have many things that are mussel memory from years of doing them.
But versions change, things move on. Things that were once necessary
may not be any more as things evolve to streamline and make things simpler.

> It seems that Yes. I had been. Well not Wrong. Those commands
> performed what I wanted them to but it seems that, as you suggested,
>
> service postfix reload
>
> was unnecessary.
>
> I'm still uncertain about whether the postalias command has also been
> superfluous. 'More to research.

Being a Sendmail person and rarely put on a Postfix hat -- mostly when
helping others -- I'm not as well versed in Postfix.

The differences may be based on version and / or evolutional differences
between the programs.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die

Re: Redjohn Server Update

<jfGdna1prubZQfT_nZ2dnUU7-dnNnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12033&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#12033

Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
From: redj...@nym.mixmin.net (Redjohn)
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 17:13:56 -0700
 by: Redjohn - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 00:13 UTC

On 4/27/2022 3:13 AM, SEC3 wrote:
> On 2022-04-26 22:04, Redjohn wrote:
>
>>> In mix.cfg ensure this line is present and isn't commented with a #
>>>
>>> EXTFLAGS testing
>>>
>> I have no EXTFLAGS testing in my mix.cfg file.
>
> Then go ahead and add that line yourself. Near the top of the mix.cfg
> file. It should look something like this when you are done:
>
> # mix.cfg -- installed Mon 10 Oct 02:37:22 BST 2016
> SENDMAIL   /usr/sbin/sendmail -t
> EXTFLAGS   testing
>
> There should be a TAB space between the words "EXTFLAGS" and "testing".
>
>> Here's my aliases file:
>>
>> mailer-daemon: postmaster
>> postmaster: root
>> newsmaster: root
>> nobody: /dev/null
>> hostmaster: root
>> usenet: root
>> news: root
>> webmaster: root
>> www: root
>> ftp: root
>> abuse: root
>> noc: root
>> security: root
>>
>> root: remopmail
>> admin: remopmail,redjohn@nym.mixmin.net
>> remailer: mix
>
> Change
> remailer: mix
> remailer: /dev/null
>
> Save the file and exit.
>
>>> At the command prompt type these 2 commands:
>>>
>>> newaliases
>>> postalias /etc/aliases
>>>
>>> Finally, reload Postfix. (service postfix reload)

Updates done at 16:40 hours on 4-27-2022/

Re: Redjohn Server Update

<AWFNeKTiqjkrUYvNtWdeIaNPWMDaqANK@news.usenet.farm>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12034&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#12034

Date: Thu, 28 Apr 22 00:39:21 UTC
From: adm...@sec3.net (SEC3)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: SEC3 - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 00:39 UTC

On 2022-04-27 20:13, Redjohn wrote:

>>> I have no EXTFLAGS testing in my mix.cfg file.
>>
>> Then go ahead and add that line yourself. Near the top of the mix.cfg
>> file. It should look something like this when you are done:
>>
>> # mix.cfg -- installed Mon 10 Oct 02:37:22 BST 2016
>> SENDMAIL   /usr/sbin/sendmail -t
>> EXTFLAGS   testing

> Updates done at 16:40 hours on 4-27-2022/

I'm not sure what actions you are referring to when you say Updates. You
may proceed as you wish, of course. But my advice was to

1) Put your remailer into testing mode.
2) Wait a week.
3) Redirect your "remailer" alias to /dev/null
4) Pull the plug on your server on May 31.

--
SEC3

YAMN Tutorials - https://sec3.net/yamnhelp

Re: Redjohn Server Update

<t4e307$1tefa$1@news.mixmin.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12035&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#12035

From: rem...@not-for-mail.invalid (rmd)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 07:57:43 -0500
logging-data="2013674"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@mixmin.net"
 by: rmd - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 12:57 UTC

>> Updates done at 16:40 hours on 4-27-2022/
>>

> I'm not sure what actions you are referring to when you say Updates. You may proceed as you wish, of course. But my advice was to
>
> 1) Put your remailer into testing mode.
> 2) Wait a week.
> 3) Redirect your "remailer" alias to /dev/null
> 4) Pull the plug on your server on May 31.

Number 3 actually does the same of number 4.