From: nob...@remailer.paranoici.org (Anonymous)
Subject: Gpg4win version 4.0.2 is released
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 21:13:38 +0000 (UTC)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 21:13 UTC

What is Gpg4win?
Gpg4win enables users to securely transport emails and files
with the help of encryption and digital signatures. Encryption
protects the contents against an unwanted party reading it.
Digital signatures make sure that it was not modified and
comes from a specific sender.

Gpg4win supports both relevant cryptography standards, OpenPGP
and S/MIME (X.509), and is the official GnuPG distribution for
Windows. It is maintained by the developers of GnuPG. Gpg4win
and the software included with Gpg4win are Free Software
(Open Source; among other things free of charge for all commercial
and non-commercial purposes).

Highlights in Gpg4win Version 4.0.2 (2022-04-25)
* GnuPG: Major performance improvements for encryption, verification and
signing. Most noticeable when GnuPG is used directly on the command
line.

* Kleopatra: Besides accessibility improvements there are many new
features regarding revocation. It is now possible to change the
primary User ID.

* GpgOL: Bug fixes for improved stability. One random crash after
decryption /verification has been fixed.

We like to thank the authors of the included packages and first of all,
our supporters and customers who made this release possible.

It is important to us that Gpg4win continues to be available
as Free Software which can be downloaded anonymously without costs.
Because we know that this is the only way for some people to get
a software product which enables them to protect their communication.
As Gpg4win maintenance needs to be funded nevertheless, we recommend
that you set the price for yourself that shows the value of Gpg4win.

For use with official documents with VS-NfD / EU / NATO RESTRICTED
classification gnupg.com offers the option to obtain the approved
GnuPG VS-Desktop version.

https://www.gpg4win.org/download.html

P.S.
There was no Gpg4win-4.0.1 release.

Re: Gpg4win version 4.0.2 is released

<20220428.235251.d8b78990@mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12038&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#12038

Subject: Re: Gpg4win version 4.0.2 is released
From: remai...@domain.invalid (Anonymous Remailer)
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 23:52:51 +0100
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous Remailer - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 22:52 UTC

On 4/28/2022 2:13 PM, Anonymous wrote:

> What is Gpg4win?
> Gpg4win enables users to securely transport emails and files
> with the help of encryption and digital signatures. Encryption
> protects the contents against an unwanted party reading it.
> Digital signatures make sure that it was not modified and
> comes from a specific sender.
>
> Gpg4win supports both relevant cryptography standards, OpenPGP
> and S/MIME (X.509), and is the official GnuPG distribution for
> Windows. It is maintained by the developers of GnuPG. Gpg4win
> and the software included with Gpg4win are Free Software
> (Open Source; among other things free of charge for all commercial
> and non-commercial purposes).
>
> Highlights in Gpg4win Version 4.0.2 (2022-04-25)
> * GnuPG: Major performance improvements for encryption, verification and
> signing. Most noticeable when GnuPG is used directly on the command
> line.
>
> * Kleopatra: Besides accessibility improvements there are many new
> features regarding revocation. It is now possible to change the
> primary User ID.
>
> * GpgOL: Bug fixes for improved stability. One random crash after
> decryption /verification has been fixed.
>

> We like to thank the authors of the included packages and first of all,
> our supporters and customers who made this release possible.
>
> It is important to us that Gpg4win continues to be available
> as Free Software which can be downloaded anonymously without costs.
> Because we know that this is the only way for some people to get
> a software product which enables them to protect their communication.
> As Gpg4win maintenance needs to be funded nevertheless, we recommend
> that you set the price for yourself that shows the value of Gpg4win.
>
> For use with official documents with VS-NfD / EU / NATO RESTRICTED
> classification gnupg.com offers the option to obtain the approved
> GnuPG VS-Desktop version.
>
> https://www.gpg4win.org/download.html
>
> P.S.
> There was no Gpg4win-4.0.1 release.

Thank you!!

Re: Gpg4win version 4.0.2 is released

<a7202fc0796cc3c3a9f34841e0a70083@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12039&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#12039

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 02:13:14 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 00:13 UTC

In article <20220428.235251.d8b78990@mixmin.net>
Anonymous Remailer <remailer@domain.invalid> wrote:

> On 4/28/2022 2:13 PM, Anonymous wrote:
>
> > What is Gpg4win?
> > Gpg4win enables users to securely transport emails and files
> > with the help of encryption and digital signatures. Encryption
> > protects the contents against an unwanted party reading it.
> > Digital signatures make sure that it was not modified and
> > comes from a specific sender.

Does this version work with Win XP?

It would be nice if all of these programs told on their pages which
version of Windows the software worked with.

Re: Gpg4win version 4.0.2 is released

<XmodBzgUvUJaBgxEYvdPDUywBlQtCboR@news.usenet.farm>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12040&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#12040