From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Subject: The European Commission might put a stop to end-to-end encryption
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 18:17:55 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.anonymous,alt.privacy,alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Thu, 5 May 2022 16:17 UTC

We need your help today, to put pressure on the European Commission before the upcoming “Chat Control” proposal is launched.

JOIN THE TWITTER STORM

<https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=Is+Commissioner+@YlvaJohansson+breaking+her+promise+on+encryption+with+upcoming+EU+law?%0D%0DPresident+@vonderleyen:+we+count+on+you+to+stop+this+attack.+Protect+%23E2EE+and+reject+any+proposal+that+FORCES+mass+scanning+of+our+private+communications!+%23KeepItSecure+%23DoBetter>

The European Commission is working on a bill that requires platforms to monitor all your chats. This would undermine the essence of end-to-end encryption. What's up with that?

Leaks show the new proposal for an EU ‘Legislation to effectively tackle child sexual abuse’ would force tech companies to snoop on everyone’s private conversations by requiring the mass scanning of our private communications.

In the past, the Commissioner in charge of drafting the law, Ylva Johansson, promised she would not attack encryption.
Last week, EU Commissioner Johansson threatened to break encryption.

In an interview [<https://pro.politico.eu/news/politico-pro-morning-tech-johansson-speaks-online-abuse-meta-fights-back-eu-us-ttc-prep>] with POLITICO, Commissioner Johansson said that she is working to develop “tools to go through troves of information and access encrypted data.” Given what we saw in the leak, this would be a catastrophe for our right to privacy.

Before the proposal is published on 11th of May, President of the European Commission Ursula von der Leyen can stop this.

on der Leyen can defend privacy and safety by ensuring that proposal does not include DISPROPORTIONATE, INACCURATE & RISKY generalised scanning of private communications.
Safety and privacy are mutually reinforcing rights. It is vital that the EU keeps our communications secure!

President von der Leyen and the EU can do better for this important initiative by making sure that it respects EU fundamental rights rules. Otherwise, the future law could be struck down in court.

Ask President von der Leyen to keep our communications secure!

<https://edri.org/our-work/the-european-commission-might-put-a-stop-to-end-to-end-encryption/>