All the simple programs have been written.

computers / news.admin.peering / Re: Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet content

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new UsenetSpiros Bousbouras
+* Re: Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer supportRichard Harnden
> [...]
  ||   |`- Re: Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new UsenetBlueshirt
  ||   `- Re: Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new UsenetWally J
  |`* Re: Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longerMarco Moock
  | `* Re: Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer supportAndy Burns
  |  `* Re: Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longerMarco Moock
  |   `* Re: Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer supportAndy Burns
  |    +- Re: Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new UsenetWally J
  |    `* Re: Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longerMarco Moock
  |     `- Re: Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer supportAndy Burns
  +- Re: Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer supportThe Doctor
  `* Re: Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer supportTimo
   +* Re: Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new UsenetSpiros Bousbouras
   |+- Re: Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new UsenetThe Doctor
   |`* Re: Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer supportcandycanearter07
   | `* Re: Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer supportThe Doctor
   |  `* Re: Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer supportAndrew
   |   `- Re: Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer supportThe Doctor
   `* Re: Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer supportGrant Taylor
    `- Re: Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer supportThe Doctor

Pages:12
Re: Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet content

<YAYuIEZa2c85cpIe+@bongo-ra.co>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1117&group=news.admin.peering#1117

From: spi...@gmail.com (Spiros Bousbouras)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet,news.admin.peering
Subject: Re: Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet content
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 00:48:29 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Spiros Bousbouras - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 00:48 UTC

[ Crossposting to news.admin.peering , it seems relevant enough. ]

On Thu, 14 Dec 2023 22:27:12 -0000 (UTC)
Bring Back Jason Todd <bbjt@bbjt.com> wrote:
> "Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet
> content. Posting and subscribing will be disallowed, and new content from Usenet
> peers will not appear. Viewing and searching of historical data will still be
> supported as it is done today.

[...]

> https://support.google.com/groups?p=usenet

Well , we knew it was coming. I have mixed feelings about it. I discovered
usenet through googlegroups and for my first few years on usenet I was
posting and reading through googlegroups so I'm not going to express
unreserved joy. It's also a concern whether usenet will be able to get new
(and young) users. But with the way things have been , it's for the best.
Many newsservers which have become unusable (on some groups) because they
don't filter any of the spam , will become usable again.

Does anyone know if users who read and post through googlegroups get a
warning about what's coming ? Because if not , we should do something to warn
them. As has been pointed out several times , there do exist legitimate users
who post through googlegroups.

--
"A great disturbance in the internets. It was like a million hentai lovers
voices crying out in unison, then suddenly silenced."

Re: Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet content

<ulga2r$1k2ng$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1120&group=news.admin.peering#1120

From: richard....@gmail.invalid (Richard Harnden)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet,news.admin.peering
Subject: Re: Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support
new Usenet content
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 01:27:55 +0000
 by: Richard Harnden - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 01:27 UTC

On 15/12/2023 00:48, Spiros Bousbouras wrote:
> [ Crossposting to news.admin.peering , it seems relevant enough. ]
>
> On Thu, 14 Dec 2023 22:27:12 -0000 (UTC)
> Bring Back Jason Todd <bbjt@bbjt.com> wrote:
>> "Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet
>> content. Posting and subscribing will be disallowed, and new content from Usenet
>> peers will not appear. Viewing and searching of historical data will still be
>> supported as it is done today.
>
> [...]
>
>> https://support.google.com/groups?p=usenet
>
> Well , we knew it was coming. I have mixed feelings about it. I discovered
> usenet through googlegroups and for my first few years on usenet I was
> posting and reading through googlegroups so I'm not going to express
> unreserved joy. It's also a concern whether usenet will be able to get new
> (and young) users. But with the way things have been , it's for the best.
> Many newsservers which have become unusable (on some groups) because they
> don't filter any of the spam , will become usable again.
>
> Does anyone know if users who read and post through googlegroups get a
> warning about what's coming ? Because if not , we should do something to warn
> them. As has been pointed out several times , there do exist legitimate users
> who post through googlegroups.

Yes, there is a blue banner at the top saying:

"
Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new
Usenet content. Posting and subscribing will be disallowed, and new
content from Usenet peers will not appear. Viewing and searching of
historical data will still be supported as it is done today.
"

And a link to their excuse.

Re: Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet content

<ulga8u$294a$6@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1122&group=news.admin.peering#1122

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet,news.admin.peering
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 01:31:10 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 01:31 UTC

In article <YAYuIEZa2c85cpIe+@bongo-ra.co>,
Spiros Bousbouras <spibou@gmail.com> wrote:
>[ Crossposting to news.admin.peering , it seems relevant enough. ]
>
>On Thu, 14 Dec 2023 22:27:12 -0000 (UTC)
>Bring Back Jason Todd <bbjt@bbjt.com> wrote:
>> "Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support
>new Usenet
>> content. Posting and subscribing will be disallowed, and new content
>from Usenet
>> peers will not appear. Viewing and searching of historical data will
>still be
>> supported as it is done today.
>
>[...]
>
>> https://support.google.com/groups?p=usenet
>
>Well , we knew it was coming. I have mixed feelings about it. I discovered
>usenet through googlegroups and for my first few years on usenet I was
>posting and reading through googlegroups so I'm not going to express
>unreserved joy. It's also a concern whether usenet will be able to get new
>(and young) users. But with the way things have been , it's for the best.
>Many newsservers which have become unusable (on some groups) because they
>don't filter any of the spam , will become usable again.
>
>Does anyone know if users who read and post through googlegroups get a
>warning about what's coming ? Because if not , we should do something to warn
>them. As has been pointed out several times , there do exist legitimate users
>who post through googlegroups.

This is what you get when you cannot control spamtrollers!

>--
>"A great disturbance in the internets. It was like a million hentai lovers
>voices crying out in unison, then suddenly silenced."
> "automatedresponse"
>
>www.reddit.com/r/promos/comments/6mtzb/time_warner_cable_to_block_all_usenet_access

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet content

<ulgae5$294a$7@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1123&group=news.admin.peering#1123

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet,news.admin.peering
new Usenet content
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 01:33:57 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 01:33 UTC

In article <ulga2r$1k2ng$1@dont-email.me>,
Richard Harnden <nospam.harnden@invalid.com> wrote:
>On 15/12/2023 00:48, Spiros Bousbouras wrote:
>> [ Crossposting to news.admin.peering , it seems relevant enough. ]
>>
>> On Thu, 14 Dec 2023 22:27:12 -0000 (UTC)
>> Bring Back Jason Todd <bbjt@bbjt.com> wrote:
>>> "Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support
>new Usenet
>>> content. Posting and subscribing will be disallowed, and new content
>from Usenet
>>> peers will not appear. Viewing and searching of historical data will
>still be
>>> supported as it is done today.
>>
>> [...]
>>
>>> https://support.google.com/groups?p=usenet
>>
>> Well , we knew it was coming. I have mixed feelings about it. I discovered
>> usenet through googlegroups and for my first few years on usenet I was
>> posting and reading through googlegroups so I'm not going to express
>> unreserved joy. It's also a concern whether usenet will be able to get new
>> (and young) users. But with the way things have been , it's for the best.
>> Many newsservers which have become unusable (on some groups) because they
>> don't filter any of the spam , will become usable again.
>>
>> Does anyone know if users who read and post through googlegroups get a
>> warning about what's coming ? Because if not , we should do something to warn
>> them. As has been pointed out several times , there do exist legitimate users
>> who post through googlegroups.
>>

>Yes, there is a blue banner at the top saying:
>
>"
>Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new
>Usenet content. Posting and subscribing will be disallowed, and new
>content from Usenet peers will not appear. Viewing and searching of
>historical data will still be supported as it is done today.
>"
>
>And a link to their excuse.

They are covering their incompetence!
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet content

<S19m08fd77BjrCnPj@bongo-ra.co>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1124&group=news.admin.peering#1124

From: spi...@gmail.com (Spiros Bousbouras)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet,news.admin.peering
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 01:34:11 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Spiros Bousbouras - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 01:34 UTC

On Fri, 15 Dec 2023 01:27:55 +0000
Richard Harnden <richard.nospam@gmail.invalid> wrote:
> On 15/12/2023 00:48, Spiros Bousbouras wrote:

[...]

> > Does anyone know if users who read and post through googlegroups get a
> > warning about what's coming ? Because if not , we should do something to warn
> > them. As has been pointed out several times , there do exist legitimate users
> > who post through googlegroups.
> >

> Yes, there is a blue banner at the top saying:
>
> "
> Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new
> Usenet content. Posting and subscribing will be disallowed, and new
> content from Usenet peers will not appear. Viewing and searching of
> historical data will still be supported as it is done today.
> "
>
> And a link to their excuse.

At least they're doing something right.

Re: Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet content

<ulgajm$294a$11@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1125&group=news.admin.peering#1125

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet,news.admin.peering
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 01:36:54 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 01:36 UTC

In article <S19m08fd77BjrCnPj@bongo-ra.co>,
Spiros Bousbouras <spibou@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Fri, 15 Dec 2023 01:27:55 +0000
>Richard Harnden <richard.nospam@gmail.invalid> wrote:
>> On 15/12/2023 00:48, Spiros Bousbouras wrote:
>
>[...]
>
>> > Does anyone know if users who read and post through googlegroups get a
>> > warning about what's coming ? Because if not , we should do
>something to warn
>> > them. As has been pointed out several times , there do exist
>legitimate users
>> > who post through googlegroups.
>> >

>> Yes, there is a blue banner at the top saying:
>>
>> "
>> Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new
>> Usenet content. Posting and subscribing will be disallowed, and new
>> content from Usenet peers will not appear. Viewing and searching of
>> historical data will still be supported as it is done today.
>> "
>>
>> And a link to their excuse.
>
>At least they're doing something right.

And stick with it!
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet content

<ulgbgf$9mj$2@tncsrv09.home.tnetconsulting.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1126&group=news.admin.peering#1126

From: gtay...@tnetconsulting.net (Grant Taylor)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet,news.admin.peering
new Usenet content
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 19:52:15 -0600
 by: Grant Taylor - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 01:52 UTC

On 12/14/23 19:33, The Doctor wrote:
> They are covering their incompetence!

No, I've worked with them.

They aren't incompetent.

They are doing what they were told to do by management.

This is a business decision, not related to people's capability.

--
Grant. . . .

Re: Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet content

<ulgbll$9mj$3@tncsrv09.home.tnetconsulting.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1127&group=news.admin.peering#1127

From: gtay...@tnetconsulting.net (Grant Taylor)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet,news.admin.peering
new Usenet content
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 19:55:01 -0600
 by: Grant Taylor - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 01:55 UTC

On 12/14/23 19:31, The Doctor wrote:
> This is what you get when you cannot control spamtrollers!

I'm sure that they could have done a LOT better if management wanted
them to.

I sort of wonder if they purposely shut off some sort of filtering in
preparation for this and that's why the amount of spam spiked the way it
did recently.

Or, more likely, some internal service was replaced and the replacement
wasn't compatible with the old Google Groups Usenet gateway code, thus
the spam was no longer detected and prevented.

An Oops, followed by "let's see if anyone notices" and "oh ... they
noticed, shut it off" seems very likely.

--
Grant. . . .

Re: Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet content

<ulgh62$3thhs$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1132&group=news.admin.peering#1132

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet,news.admin.peering
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 23:29:06 -0400
 by: Wally J - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 03:29 UTC

Grant Taylor <gtaylor@tnetconsulting.net> wrote

> I'm sure that they could have done a LOT better if management wanted
> them to.
>
> I sort of wonder if they purposely shut off some sort of filtering in
> preparation for this and that's why the amount of spam spiked the way it
> did recently.
>
> Or, more likely, some internal service was replaced and the replacement
> wasn't compatible with the old Google Groups Usenet gateway code, thus
> the spam was no longer detected and prevented.
>
> An Oops, followed by "let's see if anyone notices" and "oh ... they
> noticed, shut it off" seems very likely.

Agree on everything stated above.
a. Management nixed it
b. Their may have been a recent event (an expired contract perhaps)
c. Spam found a way through the hole it left as a result
d. When the shit hit the fan, they decided to give up on dejagoogle

Their excuse is completely bogus though, but at least they didn't pull the
pedophile child-porn crap that AT&T used as their excuse years ago when
they pulled the plug on Usenet (well before the sex offender Baby Cuomo's
political shenanigans became common public knowledge).

Anyway, the closest archive I know of that covers "most" (many?, some?)
newsgroups is the narkive - but it really sucks in my humble opinion.

<https://news.admin.peering.narkive.com>
<https://news.admin.net-abuse.usenet.narkive.com

I would like to ask others to check it out as I've never been successful
with it; but maybe it's just the privacy stuff I have on my browsers?
--
Usenet is a team effort so that we can effectively help others.

Re: Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet content

<ulgi89$tg2$3@tncsrv09.home.tnetconsulting.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1134&group=news.admin.peering#1134

From: gtay...@tnetconsulting.net (Grant Taylor)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet,news.admin.peering
new Usenet content
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 21:47:21 -0600
 by: Grant Taylor - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 03:47 UTC

On 12/14/23 21:29, Wally J wrote:
> Their excuse is completely bogus though,

No, it's not. It's not an excuse either. It's a reason. The reason
can be shortened to the last word.

They just fail to tell the whole truth -- that the vast majority of the
spam was originating from them -- and nothing but the truth -- the rest
of the fluff that they padded their statement with.

The fact that they are not discontinuing Google Groups supports that
people still use (news)groups to communicate. So any comment about
newer social media is a lie.

But, Google did admit why they were discontinuing support for Usenet;
"spam". They were just a little bit shy on other necessary details.

This perfectly matches things that I've experienced with them multiple
times before.

--
Grant. . . .

Re: Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet content

<ulgk8q$in7$6@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1136&group=news.admin.peering#1136

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet,news.admin.peering
new Usenet content
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 04:21:47 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 04:21 UTC

In article <ulgbgf$9mj$2@tncsrv09.home.tnetconsulting.net>,
Grant Taylor <gtaylor@tnetconsulting.net> wrote:
>On 12/14/23 19:33, The Doctor wrote:
>> They are covering their incompetence!
>
>No, I've worked with them.
>
>They aren't incompetent.
>
>They are doing what they were told to do by management.
>
>This is a business decision, not related to people's capability.

Interesting "decision".

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet content

<ulgk9u$in7$7@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1137&group=news.admin.peering#1137

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet,news.admin.peering
new Usenet content
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 04:22:22 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 04:22 UTC

In article <ulgbll$9mj$3@tncsrv09.home.tnetconsulting.net>,
Grant Taylor <gtaylor@tnetconsulting.net> wrote:
>On 12/14/23 19:31, The Doctor wrote:
>> This is what you get when you cannot control spamtrollers!
>
>I'm sure that they could have done a LOT better if management wanted
>them to.
>
>I sort of wonder if they purposely shut off some sort of filtering in
>preparation for this and that's why the amount of spam spiked the way it
>did recently.
>
>Or, more likely, some internal service was replaced and the replacement
>wasn't compatible with the old Google Groups Usenet gateway code, thus
>the spam was no longer detected and prevented.
>
>An Oops, followed by "let's see if anyone notices" and "oh ... they
>noticed, shut it off" seems very likely.

CERtainly does sound competent.

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet content

<ulhech$1sc3p$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1144&group=news.admin.peering#1144

From: mm+usene...@dorfdsl.de (Marco Moock)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet,news.admin.peering
Subject: Re: Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer
support new Usenet content
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 12:47:28 +0100
 by: Marco Moock - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 11:47 UTC

Am 14.12.2023 um 23:29:06 Uhr schrieb Wally J:

> Anyway, the closest archive I know of that covers "most" (many?,
> some?) newsgroups is the narkive - but it really sucks in my humble
> opinion.
>
> <https://news.admin.peering.narkive.com>
> <https://news.admin.net-abuse.usenet.narkive.com
>
> I would like to ask others to check it out as I've never been
> successful with it; but maybe it's just the privacy stuff I have on
> my browsers?

It works, posting is intentionally disabled.
I can read groups properly, some are full of Google spam.

Sadly, there is no list of all groups hosted there.

Re: Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet content

<ulhhca$kud4$1@news1.tnib.de>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1148&group=news.admin.peering#1148

From: mh+usene...@zugschl.us (Marc Haber)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet,news.admin.peering
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 13:38:33 +0100
 by: Marc Haber - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 12:38 UTC

doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
>They are covering their incompetence!

And they even say one of the reasons is spam, while they're being the
ONE BIGGEST source of Usenet spam. Blame their own doing on others
while being on their own way out.

Greetings
Marc
Marc Haber | " Questions are the | Mailadresse im Header
Mannheim, Germany | Beginning of Wisdom " |

Re: Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet content

<ulhs7p$1uv5b$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1161&group=news.admin.peering#1161

From: no...@thanks.net (candycanearter07)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet,news.admin.peering
new Usenet content
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 09:43:52 -0600
 by: candycanearter07 - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 15:43 UTC

On 12/15/23 06:38, Marc Haber wrote:
> doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
>> They are covering their incompetence!
>
> And they even say one of the reasons is spam, while they're being the
> ONE BIGGEST source of Usenet spam. Blame their own doing on others
> while being on their own way out.
>
> Greetings
> Marc

I am a bit worried that their statement could end up turning people away
from pursuing Usenet.

Re: Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet content

<ulhtbe$1kqu$44@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1169&group=news.admin.peering#1169

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet,news.admin.peering
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 16:02:54 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 16:02 UTC

In article <ulhhca$kud4$1@news1.tnib.de>,
Marc Haber <mh+usenetspam1118@zugschl.us> wrote:
>doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
>>They are covering their incompetence!
>
>And they even say one of the reasons is spam, while they're being the
>ONE BIGGEST source of Usenet spam. Blame their own doing on others
>while being on their own way out.

So shutting spammers down might not be a google priority.

>Greetings
>Marc
>--

Re: Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet content

<ulhtil$1uv5b$9@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1176&group=news.admin.peering#1176

From: no...@thanks.net (candycanearter07)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet,news.admin.peering
new Usenet content
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 10:06:45 -0600
 by: candycanearter07 - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 16:06 UTC

On 12/15/23 10:02, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <ulhhca$kud4$1@news1.tnib.de>,
> Marc Haber <mh+usenetspam1118@zugschl.us> wrote:
>> doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
>>> They are covering their incompetence!
>>
>> And they even say one of the reasons is spam, while they're being the
>> ONE BIGGEST source of Usenet spam. Blame their own doing on others
>> while being on their own way out.
>>

> So shutting spammers down might not be a google priority.

Why would you think Google cares?

Re: Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet content

<ulhtp4$1kqu$51@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1178&group=news.admin.peering#1178

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet,news.admin.peering
new Usenet content
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 16:10:12 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 16:10 UTC

In article <ulhs7p$1uv5b$5@dont-email.me>,
candycanearter07 <no@thanks.net> wrote:
>On 12/15/23 06:38, Marc Haber wrote:
>> doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
>>> They are covering their incompetence!
>>
>> And they even say one of the reasons is spam, while they're being the
>> ONE BIGGEST source of Usenet spam. Blame their own doing on others
>> while being on their own way out.
>>
>> Greetings
>> Marc
>
>I am a bit worried that their statement could end up turning people away
>from pursuing Usenet.

WEll less automation and more verification helps.

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet content

<ulhtqv$1kqu$53@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1180&group=news.admin.peering#1180

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet,news.admin.peering
new Usenet content
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 16:11:11 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 16:11 UTC

In article <ulhtil$1uv5b$9@dont-email.me>,
candycanearter07 <no@thanks.net> wrote:
>On 12/15/23 10:02, The Doctor wrote:
>> In article <ulhhca$kud4$1@news1.tnib.de>,
>> Marc Haber <mh+usenetspam1118@zugschl.us> wrote:
>>>
>>> And they even say one of the reasons is spam, while they're being the
>>> ONE BIGGEST source of Usenet spam. Blame their own doing on others
>>> while being on their own way out.
>>>

>> So shutting spammers down might not be a google priority.
>
>Why would you think Google cares?

Hence incompetence.

>--
>user <candycane> is generated from /dev/urandom

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet content

<8m34w31jdr.fsf@raybanana.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1182&group=news.admin.peering#1182

From: ray...@raybanana.net (Ray Banana)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet,news.admin.peering
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 18:10:56 +0100
 by: Ray Banana - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 17:10 UTC

Thus spake candycanearter07 <no@thanks.net>
> I am a bit worried that their statement could end up turning people
> away from pursuing Usenet.

Eternal-September's registration page says otherwise.

--
Пу́тін — хуйло́
http://www.eternal-september.org

Re: Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet content

<8my1dvz8kw.fsf@raybanana.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1183&group=news.admin.peering#1183

From: ray...@raybanana.net (Ray Banana)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet,news.admin.peering
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 18:20:15 +0100
 by: Ray Banana - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 17:20 UTC

Thus spake doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
>>Why would you think Google cares?
> Hence incompetence.

Google's Razor: Never attribute to incompetence that which can be
adequately explained by malice.

--
Пу́тін — хуйло́
http://www.eternal-september.org

Re: Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet content

<uli2i1$2eun$11@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1185&group=news.admin.peering#1185

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet,news.admin.peering
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 17:31:45 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 17:31 UTC

In article <8my1dvz8kw.fsf@raybanana.net>,
Ray Banana <rayban@raybanana.net> wrote:
>Thus spake doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
>
>>>Why would you think Google cares?
>> Hence incompetence.
>
>Google's Razor: Never attribute to incompetence that which can be
>adequately explained by malice.

Good point!

>--
>Пу́тін — хуйло́
>http://www.eternal-september.org

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet content

<uli6g0$20rbq$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1188&group=news.admin.peering#1188

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet,news.admin.peering
new Usenet content
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 18:38:56 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 18:38 UTC

candycanearter07 <no@thanks.net> wrote:
>On 12/15/23 06:38, Marc Haber wrote:
>>And they even say one of the reasons is spam, while they're being the
>>ONE BIGGEST source of Usenet spam. Blame their own doing on others
>>while being on their own way out.

>I am a bit worried that their statement could end up turning people away
>from pursuing Usenet.

Somehow Usenet will survive without the people who refuse to try Usenet
due to believing Google's lies.

Re: Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet content

<uli6ia$20rbq$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1189&group=news.admin.peering#1189

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet,news.admin.peering
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 18:40:10 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 18:40 UTC

Ray Banana <rayban@raybanana.net> wrote:
>Thus spake doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
>>>Why would you think Google cares?

>>Hence incompetence.

>Google's Razor: Never attribute to incompetence that which can be
>adequately explained by malice.

Hahahahahahahaha

Re: Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet content

<ulid3g$ni1$1@tncsrv09.home.tnetconsulting.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1204&group=news.admin.peering#1204

From: gtay...@tnetconsulting.net (Grant Taylor)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet,news.admin.peering
new Usenet content
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 14:31:44 -0600
 by: Grant Taylor - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 20:31 UTC

On 12/15/23 10:11, The Doctor wrote:
> Hence incompetence.

Lack of caring and incompetence are two very different things.

--
Grant. . . .