From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Subject: Unable to delete trackpad's signatures from saved PDF form files in macOS' Preview app?
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.software,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.systems
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2023 19:23:36 +0000
 by: Ant - Wed, 27 Dec 2023 19:23 UTC

Hello,

I filled out a PDF form, with my signature from trackpad input, and
saved it in macOS Ventura v13.6.3's Preview app. I reopened this file in
Preview and wanted to change/delete the signature before submitting it
online. However, I couldn't delete/replace it.

https://www.techtarget.com/searchcontentmanagement/tip/How-to-remove-digital-signatures-from-a-PDF
says to use Preview's Markup toolbar, choose the Rectangular Selection,
click on the signature, and press keyboard's delete key. However, I
couldn't highlight this signature to delete.

This only happens AFTER I save the filled out PDF forms with the
signature and reopen it in Preview. I could do it BEFORE saving, exiting
Preview app, and reopening the file in Preview. Am I missing something
to do this? If this is by design, then what's the best way to remove
only that signature so I can replace/change it?

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)
--
"Now he [God] who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness." RSV shots R expensive. :O
| |o o| |