"An ounce of prevention is worth a ton of code." -- an anonymous programmer

computers / comp.sys.mac.advocacy / Re: The pace of change (OCR on images)

SubjectAuthor
* The pace of change (OCR on images)Alan
`* Re: The pace of change (OCR on images)-hh
 `* Re: The pace of change (OCR on images)Thomas E.
  `* Re: The pace of change (OCR on images)Alan
   `* Re: The pace of change (OCR on images)Thomas E.
    `* Re: The pace of change (OCR on images)Alan
     `* Re: The pace of change (OCR on images)Thomas E.
      +* Re: The pace of change (OCR on images)-hh
      |`* Re: The pace of change (OCR on images)Thomas E.
      | +- Re: The pace of change (OCR on images)-hh
      | `* Re: The pace of change (OCR on images)Alan
      |  `* Re: The pace of change (OCR on images)Thomas E.
      |   `- Re: The pace of change (OCR on images)Alan
      `* Re: The pace of change (OCR on images)Alan
       `* Re: The pace of change (OCR on images)Thomas E.
        `- Re: The pace of change (OCR on images)Alan

1
The pace of change (OCR on images)

<tmb6he$2sdc6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12114&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#12114

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: The pace of change (OCR on images)
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2022 13:32:30 -0800
 by: Alan - Thu, 1 Dec 2022 21:32 UTC

OCR (optical character recognition) is something I would say that most
of us are familiar with.

But are we really familiar with how far it's come?

macOS now includes seamless, intuitive OCR on pretty much any image on
your computer.

I had just done some work with a client who has been experiencing a
crash of the driver software for her "Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless
Network Adapter", and walking her through the difference between putting
her computer to sleep with the power button—which doesn't fix her
problem of course, and holding the power button down long enough to
force her computer to turn off completely—which does (it seems there was
also something going on which was causing the Start menu to appear
without the column on the left which contains the normal power options
to do normal shutdown or restart).

But of course, I want to solve her underlying problem, so I took a quick
screenshot of the driver tab of the adapter's properties window, and now
I'm looking at that screenshot on my Mac.

I was about to open it up in Preview so that I could re-type the
information into a browser and see if there was some known issue with
this driver (version "12.0.0.954") when I remembered that Apple had
added "Live Text" to macOS starting with Monterey (version 12).

And wouldn't you know it:

It even works in the Finder's "Quick Look" view of files.

I was able to select the screenshot, press the spacebar...

....and then just copy the text right out of an image.

Now, I'll be the first to admit that text from a screenshot like that is
very clean and thus easy to perform OCR on...

....but I took a quick look at some photos I'd taken for a client project
that happened to contain random text and the range of text it can
convert is impressive.

"ingenico" works from an image of a point-of-sale reader despite the
fact that there's a horizontal line immediately above all the text
between the two 'i's.

"SCENE+ POINTS
FO YOUR LIST." gets the "TO" wrong... ...but it happened to be right
where there's a bright reflection which almost completely obscures the
"T" of "TO".

"I Scotiabank Scene+ Visa Card." same thing here. The "I" is erroneous,
but only because it's in the blown out area of the image.

"FC LiftMaster." is actually the FCC logo, so I won't complain that it
can't interpret a "C" within another "C".

It isn't even flummoxed by French.

It's just so slick!

Re: The pace of change (OCR on images)

<896acbd1-8c17-475f-a926-d90741560d0dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12115&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#12115

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2022 23:18:38 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: The pace of change (OCR on images)
From: recscuba...@huntzinger.com (-hh)
 by: -hh - Fri, 2 Dec 2022 07:18 UTC

On Thursday, December 1, 2022 at 10:32:32 PM UTC+1, Alan wrote:
> OCR (optical character recognition) is something I would say that most
> of us are familiar with.
>
> But are we really familiar with how far it's come?
>
> macOS now includes seamless, intuitive OCR on pretty much any image on
> your computer.
>
> I had just done some work with a client who has been experiencing a
> crash of the driver software for her "Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless
> Network Adapter", and walking her through the difference between putting
> her computer to sleep with the power button—which doesn't fix her
> problem of course, and holding the power button down long enough to
> force her computer to turn off completely—which does (it seems there was
> also something going on which was causing the Start menu to appear
> without the column on the left which contains the normal power options
> to do normal shutdown or restart).
>
> But of course, I want to solve her underlying problem, so I took a quick
> screenshot of the driver tab of the adapter's properties window, and now
> I'm looking at that screenshot on my Mac.
>
> I was about to open it up in Preview so that I could re-type the
> information into a browser and see if there was some known issue with
> this driver (version "12.0.0.954") when I remembered that Apple had
> added "Live Text" to macOS starting with Monterey (version 12).
>
> And wouldn't you know it:
>
> It even works in the Finder's "Quick Look" view of files.
>
> I was able to select the screenshot, press the spacebar...
>
> ...and then just copy the text right out of an image.
>
> Now, I'll be the first to admit that text from a screenshot like that is
> very clean and thus easy to perform OCR on...
>
> ...but I took a quick look at some photos I'd taken for a client project
> that happened to contain random text and the range of text it can
> convert is impressive.
>
> "ingenico" works from an image of a point-of-sale reader despite the
> fact that there's a horizontal line immediately above all the text
> between the two 'i's.
>
> "SCENE+ POINTS
> FO YOUR LIST." gets the "TO" wrong... ...but it happened to be right
> where there's a bright reflection which almost completely obscures the
> "T" of "TO".
>
> "I Scotiabank Scene+ Visa Card." same thing here. The "I" is erroneous,
> but only because it's in the blown out area of the image.
>
> "FC LiftMaster." is actually the FCC logo, so I won't complain that it
> can't interpret a "C" within another "C".
>
> It isn't even flummoxed by French.
>
> It's just so slick!

Yes, machine learning has come far. I’ve been using the Google Translate
iOS app this past week, and it’s even able to do a respectable job on a photo
of handwritten text on blackboards of todays meal specials at restaurants.

-hh

Re: The pace of change (OCR on images)

<2d22762c-c916-43bf-bf74-eca72ba1b89bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12127&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#12127

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2022 09:20:11 -0800 (PST)
From: thomas.e...@gmail.com (Thomas E.)
 by: Thomas E. - Wed, 7 Dec 2022 17:20 UTC

On Friday, December 2, 2022 at 2:18:40 AM UTC-5, -hh wrote:
> On Thursday, December 1, 2022 at 10:32:32 PM UTC+1, Alan wrote:
> > OCR (optical character recognition) is something I would say that most
> > of us are familiar with.
> >
> > But are we really familiar with how far it's come?
> >
> > macOS now includes seamless, intuitive OCR on pretty much any image on
> > your computer.
> >
> > I had just done some work with a client who has been experiencing a
> > crash of the driver software for her "Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless
> > Network Adapter", and walking her through the difference between putting
> > her computer to sleep with the power button—which doesn't fix her
> > problem of course, and holding the power button down long enough to
> > force her computer to turn off completely—which does (it seems there was
> > also something going on which was causing the Start menu to appear
> > without the column on the left which contains the normal power options
> > to do normal shutdown or restart).
> >
> > But of course, I want to solve her underlying problem, so I took a quick
> > screenshot of the driver tab of the adapter's properties window, and now
> > I'm looking at that screenshot on my Mac.
> >
> > I was about to open it up in Preview so that I could re-type the
> > information into a browser and see if there was some known issue with
> > this driver (version "12.0.0.954") when I remembered that Apple had
> > added "Live Text" to macOS starting with Monterey (version 12).
> >
> > And wouldn't you know it:
> >
> > It even works in the Finder's "Quick Look" view of files.
> >
> > I was able to select the screenshot, press the spacebar...
> >
> > ...and then just copy the text right out of an image.
> >
> > Now, I'll be the first to admit that text from a screenshot like that is
> > very clean and thus easy to perform OCR on...
> >
> > ...but I took a quick look at some photos I'd taken for a client project
> > that happened to contain random text and the range of text it can
> > convert is impressive.
> >
> > "ingenico" works from an image of a point-of-sale reader despite the
> > fact that there's a horizontal line immediately above all the text
> > between the two 'i's.
> >
> > "SCENE+ POINTS
> > FO YOUR LIST." gets the "TO" wrong... ...but it happened to be right
> > where there's a bright reflection which almost completely obscures the
> > "T" of "TO".
> >
> > "I Scotiabank Scene+ Visa Card." same thing here. The "I" is erroneous,
> > but only because it's in the blown out area of the image.
> >
> > "FC LiftMaster." is actually the FCC logo, so I won't complain that it
> > can't interpret a "C" within another "C".
> >
> > It isn't even flummoxed by French.
> >
> > It's just so slick!
> Yes, machine learning has come far. I’ve been using the Google Translate
> iOS app this past week, and it’s even able to do a respectable job on a photo
> of handwritten text on blackboards of todays meal specials at restaurants..
>
> -hh

Interesting, but does Mac OS have a baked-in copy history like Windows. That is incredibly useful. OCR? Never seem to need it, but I can see it being handy for some. Copy history is something a lot of people might use. I think there are 3rd party Mac OS utilities for that feature.

Re: The pace of change (OCR on images)

<tmql27$k59q$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12135&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#12135

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2022 10:12:22 -0800
 by: Alan - Wed, 7 Dec 2022 18:12 UTC

On 2022-12-07 09:20, Thomas E. wrote:
> [...]
>>>
>>> "I Scotiabank Scene+ Visa Card." same thing here. The "I" is
>>> erroneous, but only because it's in the blown out area of the
>>> image.
>>>
>>> "FC LiftMaster." is actually the FCC logo, so I won't complain
>>> that it can't interpret a "C" within another "C".
>>>
>>> It isn't even flummoxed by French.
>>>
>>> It's just so slick!
>> Yes, machine learning has come far. I’ve been using the Google
>> Translate iOS app this past week, and it’s even able to do a
>> respectable job on a photo of handwritten text on blackboards of
>> todays meal specials at restaurants.
>>
>> -hh
>
> Interesting, but does Mac OS have a baked-in copy history like
> Windows. That is incredibly useful. OCR? Never seem to need it, but I
> can see it being handy for some. Copy history is something a lot of
> people might use. I think there are 3rd party Mac OS utilities for

Start your own thread, Lying Little Shit.

Re: The pace of change (OCR on images)

<ab7ffce6-1ee6-408b-aa52-39075c56623cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12149&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#12149

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2022 17:12:05 -0800 (PST)
From: thomas.e...@gmail.com (Thomas E.)
 by: Thomas E. - Fri, 9 Dec 2022 01:12 UTC

On Wednesday, December 7, 2022 at 1:12:25 PM UTC-5, Alan wrote:
> On 2022-12-07 09:20, Thomas E. wrote:

> >> Yes, machine learning has come far. I’ve been using the Google
> >> Translate iOS app this past week, and it’s even able to do a
> >> respectable job on a photo of handwritten text on blackboards of
> >> todays meal specials at restaurants.
> >>
> >> -hh
> >
> > Interesting, but does Mac OS have a baked-in copy history like
> > Windows. That is incredibly useful. OCR? Never seem to need it, but I
> > can see it being handy for some. Copy history is something a lot of
> > people might use. I think there are 3rd party Mac OS utilities for
> > that feature.
> Start your own thread, Lying Little Shit.

Oh, the little shit is having a snit. Pity, it's an open forum.

Of course you are. I just pointed out something quite useful baked into Windows but not MacOS. So you had to insult and deflect. So like you, Alan.

Re: The pace of change (OCR on images)

<tmu370$vn14$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12150&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#12150

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2022 17:32:15 -0800
 by: Alan - Fri, 9 Dec 2022 01:32 UTC

On 2022-12-08 17:12, Thomas E. wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 7, 2022 at 1:12:25 PM UTC-5, Alan wrote:

>>> Interesting, but does Mac OS have a baked-in copy history like
>>> Windows. That is incredibly useful. OCR? Never seem to need it, but I
>>> can see it being handy for some. Copy history is something a lot of
>>> people might use. I think there are 3rd party Mac OS utilities for
>>> that feature.
>> Start your own thread, Lying Little Shit.
>
> Oh, the little shit is having a snit. Pity, it's an open forum.

You imagine that's a snit, Lying Little Shit?

> Of course you are. I just pointed out something quite useful baked into Windows but not MacOS. So you had to insult and deflect. So like you, Alan.

I neither insulted nor deflected, Lying Little Shit.

I accurately identified that you decided to deflect from my topic to one
of your own...

....and that you're a lying little piece of shit.

:-)

Re: The pace of change (OCR on images)

<18702e41-175f-42f6-8cbb-405c1f15a016n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12158&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#12158

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2022 06:50:33 -0800 (PST)
From: thomas.e...@gmail.com (Thomas E.)
 by: Thomas E. - Sat, 10 Dec 2022 14:50 UTC

On Thursday, December 8, 2022 at 8:32:18 PM UTC-5, Alan wrote:
> On 2022-12-08 17:12, Thomas E. wrote:

> >> Start your own thread, Lying Little Shit.
> >
> > Oh, the little shit is having a snit. Pity, it's an open forum.
> You imagine that's a snit, Lying Little Shit?
> >
> > Of course you are. I just pointed out something quite useful baked into Windows but not MacOS. So you had to insult and deflect. So like you, Alan..
> I neither insulted nor deflected, Lying Little Shit.
>
> I accurately identified that you decided to deflect from my topic to one
> of your own...
>
> ...and that you're a lying little piece of shit.
>
> :-)

LOL. My post just stated that Windows has a feature I like. What about my post was a lie? Does Windows have a copy history function (hint: Windows Ctrl-V)? Does MacOS have the same function? Is CSMA your private group?

Re: The pace of change (OCR on images)

<6b7766fc-9dd4-4fa4-9cc0-0290cc7eb4adn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12160&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#12160

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2022 07:44:31 -0800 (PST)
From: recscuba...@huntzinger.com (-hh)
 by: -hh - Sat, 10 Dec 2022 15:44 UTC

On Saturday, December 10, 2022 at 9:50:35 AM UTC-5, Thomas E. wrote:
> On Thursday, December 8, 2022 at 8:32:18 PM UTC-5, Alan wrote:

> > > Oh, the little shit is having a snit. Pity, it's an open forum.
> >
> > You imagine that's a snit, Lying Little Shit?
> >
> > > Of course you are. I just pointed out something quite useful baked
> > > into Windows but not MacOS. So you had to insult and deflect. So like you, Alan.
> >
> > I neither insulted nor deflected, Lying Little Shit.
> > I accurately identified that you decided to deflect from my topic to one
> > of your own...
>
> LOL. My post just stated that Windows has a feature I like.
> What about my post was a lie?

The part where it was being implied that Windows' copy history function
has relevance to the subject of OCR.

> Does Windows have a copy history function (hint: Windows Ctrl-V)? ...

How well does Windows "copy history" function perform OCR?
If it can't, then it is off-topic to this thread's subject.

-hh

Re: The pace of change (OCR on images)

<tn2ivu$m36$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12164&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#12164

From: nop...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2022 10:26:06 -0800
 by: Alan - Sat, 10 Dec 2022 18:26 UTC

On 2022-12-10 06:50, Thomas E. wrote:
> On Thursday, December 8, 2022 at 8:32:18 PM UTC-5, Alan wrote:

>>> Oh, the little shit is having a snit. Pity, it's an open forum.
>> You imagine that's a snit, Lying Little Shit?
>>>
>>> Of course you are. I just pointed out something quite useful
>>> baked into Windows but not MacOS. So you had to insult and
>>> deflect. So like you, Alan.
>> I neither insulted nor deflected, Lying Little Shit.
>>
>> I accurately identified that you decided to deflect from my topic
>> to one of your own...
>>
>> ...and that you're a lying little piece of shit.
>>
>> :-)
>
> LOL. My post just stated that Windows has a feature I like. What
> about my post was a lie? Does Windows have a copy history function
> (hint: Windows Ctrl-V)? Does MacOS have the same function? Is CSMA
> your private group?

Lying Little Shit, are you in the early stages of Alzheimer's perhaps?

I didn't say your lie was in this post.

The thread you chose to post in was about OCR in specific and the
amazing pace of technological change in genera.

Like the little shit you are, you chose to post something that is in no
way related to those subjects.

Re: The pace of change (OCR on images)

<d18d11d3-5543-4549-8b7e-2f267f5d9e0en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12178&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#12178

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 07:39:45 -0800 (PST)
From: thomas.e...@gmail.com (Thomas E.)
 by: Thomas E. - Mon, 12 Dec 2022 15:39 UTC

On Saturday, December 10, 2022 at 10:44:32 AM UTC-5, -hh wrote:
> On Saturday, December 10, 2022 at 9:50:35 AM UTC-5, Thomas E. wrote:

> > > You imagine that's a snit, Lying Little Shit?

> > > I neither insulted nor deflected, Lying Little Shit.
> > > I accurately identified that you decided to deflect from my topic to one
> > > of your own...
> >
> > LOL. My post just stated that Windows has a feature I like.
> > What about my post was a lie?
> The part where it was being implied that Windows' copy history function
> has relevance to the subject of OCR.
>
> > Does Windows have a copy history function (hint: Windows Ctrl-V)? ...
>
> How well does Windows "copy history" function perform OCR?
> If it can't, then it is off-topic to this thread's subject.
>

> -hh

The real subject is that Apple OS has a new and unique feature. I was merely pointing out that so does Windows.

Re: The pace of change (OCR on images)

<6b0c11fe-a9cc-47b9-82fa-e5c3c0df586en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12179&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#12179

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 07:41:18 -0800 (PST)
From: thomas.e...@gmail.com (Thomas E.)
 by: Thomas E. - Mon, 12 Dec 2022 15:41 UTC

On Saturday, December 10, 2022 at 1:26:10 PM UTC-5, Alan wrote:
> On 2022-12-10 06:50, Thomas E. wrote:

> >> You imagine that's a snit, Lying Little Shit?

> >> I neither insulted nor deflected, Lying Little Shit.
> >>
> >> I accurately identified that you decided to deflect from my topic
> >> to one of your own...
> >>
> >> ...and that you're a lying little piece of shit.
> >>
> >> :-)
> >
> > LOL. My post just stated that Windows has a feature I like. What
> > about my post was a lie? Does Windows have a copy history function
> > (hint: Windows Ctrl-V)? Does MacOS have the same function? Is CSMA
> > your private group?
> Lying Little Shit, are you in the early stages of Alzheimer's perhaps?
>
> I didn't say your lie was in this post.
>
> The thread you chose to post in was about OCR in specific and the
> amazing pace of technological change in genera.
>
> Like the little shit you are, you chose to post something that is in no
> way related to those subjects.

I can post anything I want in any thread. What's your real problem here? Me or what I posted?

Re: The pace of change (OCR on images)

<f7d37e78-2fd1-4c23-bbf7-9e10864b3438n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12180&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#12180

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 08:59:16 -0800 (PST)
From: recscuba...@huntzinger.com (-hh)
 by: -hh - Mon, 12 Dec 2022 16:59 UTC

On Monday, December 12, 2022 at 10:39:47 AM UTC-5, Thomas E. wrote:
> On Saturday, December 10, 2022 at 10:44:32 AM UTC-5, -hh wrote:

> > > LOL. My post just stated that Windows has a feature I like.
> > > What about my post was a lie?
> >
> > The part where it was being implied that Windows' copy history function
> > has relevance to the subject of OCR.
> >
> > > Does Windows have a copy history function (hint: Windows Ctrl-V)? ...
> >
> > How well does Windows "copy history" function perform OCR?
> > If it can't, then it is off-topic to this thread's subject.
>
> The real subject is that Apple OS has a new and unique feature. I was merely
> pointing out that so does Windows.

Relevant to OCR, this new(ish) product is just as relevant (possibly more) as what
you’re suggesting with Windows:

< https://www.rennline.com/rennline-led-headlight-conversion-plug-and-play-rev2-sku-el13/>

-hh

Re: The pace of change (OCR on images)

<tn7odh$292vl$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12182&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#12182

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 09:29:21 -0800
 by: Alan - Mon, 12 Dec 2022 17:29 UTC

On 2022-12-12 07:39, Thomas E. wrote:
> On Saturday, December 10, 2022 at 10:44:32 AM UTC-5, -hh wrote:

>>> LOL. My post just stated that Windows has a feature I like.
>>> What about my post was a lie?
>> The part where it was being implied that Windows' copy history function
>> has relevance to the subject of OCR.
>>
>>> Does Windows have a copy history function (hint: Windows Ctrl-V)? ...
>>
>> How well does Windows "copy history" function perform OCR?
>> If it can't, then it is off-topic to this thread's subject.
>>

>> -hh
>
> The real subject is that Apple OS has a new and unique feature. I was merely pointing out that so does Windows.

No, Lying Little Shit.

That was NOT the real subject.

Re: The pace of change (OCR on images)

<tn7oeh$292vl$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12183&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#12183

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 09:29:52 -0800

On 2022-12-12 07:41, Thomas E. wrote:
> On Saturday, December 10, 2022 at 1:26:10 PM UTC-5, Alan wrote:

>>> LOL. My post just stated that Windows has a feature I like. What
>>> about my post was a lie? Does Windows have a copy history function
>>> (hint: Windows Ctrl-V)? Does MacOS have the same function? Is CSMA
>>> your private group?
>> Lying Little Shit, are you in the early stages of Alzheimer's perhaps?
>>
>> I didn't say your lie was in this post.
>>
>> The thread you chose to post in was about OCR in specific and the
>> amazing pace of technological change in genera.
>>
>> Like the little shit you are, you chose to post something that is in no
>> way related to those subjects.
>
> I can post anything I want in any thread. What's your real problem here? Me or what I posted?

Of course you can, you lying little shit.

And so can I.

Re: The pace of change (OCR on images)

<1a0e8ea5-4f44-4351-b60e-c6124b8d1935n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12215&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#12215

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 15:48:01 -0800 (PST)
From: thomas.e...@gmail.com (Thomas E.)
 by: Thomas E. - Thu, 15 Dec 2022 23:48 UTC

On Monday, December 12, 2022 at 12:29:24 PM UTC-5, Alan wrote:
> On 2022-12-12 07:39, Thomas E. wrote:

> >> The part where it was being implied that Windows' copy history function
> >> has relevance to the subject of OCR.

> >> How well does Windows "copy history" function perform OCR?
> >> If it can't, then it is off-topic to this thread's subject.
> >>

> >> -hh
> >
> > The real subject is that Apple OS has a new and unique feature. I was merely pointing out that so does Windows.
> No, Lying Little Shit.
>
> That was NOT the real subject.

Oh, now you are a mind-reader too! Expert at flying, golf, skiing, race cars, computers, women, personal finance, character assessment, character assassination, politics, investing, and more. Is there no end to your talents?

Re: The pace of change (OCR on images)

<tngbqu$36h8u$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12216&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#12216

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 15:49:50 -0800
<1a0e8ea5-4f44-4351-b60e-c6124b8d1935n@googlegroups.com>
 by: Alan - Thu, 15 Dec 2022 23:49 UTC

On 2022-12-15 15:48, Thomas E. wrote:
> On Monday, December 12, 2022 at 12:29:24 PM UTC-5, Alan wrote:

>>> The real subject is that Apple OS has a new and unique feature. I was merely pointing out that so does Windows.
>> No, Lying Little Shit.
>>
>> That was NOT the real subject.
>
> Oh, now you are a mind-reader too! Expert at flying, golf, skiing, race cars, computers, women, personal finance, character assessment, character assassination, politics, investing, and more. Is there no end to your talents?

No.

I'm a POST reader and in this case, the person who WROTE the post which
created this thread, you lying little shit.