From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: FREE GAME: Tell Me Why
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2023 16:57:57 -0400
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Sun, 4 Jun 2023 20:57 UTC

This one has been free for a few days; I don't know if how long the
offer is going to last (or if its permament) but better grab it sooner
rather than later.

* Tell Me Why
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1180660/Tell_Me_Why/
A side-story to the "Life is Strange" franchise, this adventure game
again features the episodic gaming, the supernatural, young adults and
lots of teenage angst. It's probably not to everyone's taste, but more
power to you if this is what you like; anyway, it's free and that
earns a lot of forgiveness. Anyway, more games is more good.

Re: FREE GAME: Tell Me Why

<haqr7ip35qu6p9vrd9cb8m798vcqfn0jde@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12211&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#12211

From: zagha...@hotmail.com (Zaghadka)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Re: FREE GAME: Tell Me Why
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2023 08:55:56 -0500
 by: Zaghadka - Mon, 5 Jun 2023 13:55 UTC

On Sun, 04 Jun 2023 16:57:57 -0400, in comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,
Spalls Hurgenson wrote:

>This one has been free for a few days; I don't know if how long the
>offer is going to last (or if its permament) but better grab it sooner
>rather than later.
>
>* Tell Me Why
>https://store.steampowered.com/app/1180660/Tell_Me_Why/
>A side-story to the "Life is Strange" franchise, this adventure game
>again features the episodic gaming, the supernatural, young adults and
>lots of teenage angst. It's probably not to everyone's taste, but more
>power to you if this is what you like; anyway, it's free and that
>earns a lot of forgiveness. Anyway, more games is more good.

Yeah. Saw this (you got here first) and already had it. Apparently they
can't even give the game away.

--
Zag

No one ever said on their deathbed, 'Gee, I wish I had
spent more time alone with my computer.' ~Dan(i) Bunten

Re: FREE GAME: Tell Me Why

<t9ur7ipojbk4pq9g46r637vgrshue5jktl@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12216&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#12216

From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2023 11:10:09 -0400
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Mon, 5 Jun 2023 15:10 UTC

On Mon, 05 Jun 2023 08:55:56 -0500, Zaghadka <zaghadka@hotmail.com>
wrote:
>On Sun, 04 Jun 2023 16:57:57 -0400, in comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,
>Spalls Hurgenson wrote:

>>* Tell Me Why
>>https://store.steampowered.com/app/1180660/Tell_Me_Why/

>Yeah. Saw this (you got here first) and already had it. Apparently they
>can't even give the game away.

The game was offered as a freebie back in 2022, which is when you
probably snagged it the first time. But - according to Steamdb.info*,
it then went back to full price until May 4th this year. So there's no
guarantee it will stay free forever.

(Mind you, the previous free offer last almost a year, so there's
probably no rush. Still, it's better to be safe than sorry. I mean,
why pay for a game you don't want when you can get that same game you
don't want for free? ;-)

-------------------
* https://steamdb.info/app/1180660/

Re: FREE GAME: Tell Me Why

<ftbs7i1spqcitd4p267krb6g6mh6gto2b9@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12217&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#12217

From: zagha...@hotmail.com (Zaghadka)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2023 14:00:37 -0500
 by: Zaghadka - Mon, 5 Jun 2023 19:00 UTC

On Mon, 05 Jun 2023 11:10:09 -0400, in comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,
Spalls Hurgenson wrote:

>On Mon, 05 Jun 2023 08:55:56 -0500, Zaghadka <zaghadka@hotmail.com>
>wrote:
>>On Sun, 04 Jun 2023 16:57:57 -0400, in comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,
>>Spalls Hurgenson wrote:
>
>>>* Tell Me Why
>>>https://store.steampowered.com/app/1180660/Tell_Me_Why/
>
>>Yeah. Saw this (you got here first) and already had it. Apparently they
>>can't even give the game away.
>
>The game was offered as a freebie back in 2022, which is when you
>probably snagged it the first time. But - according to Steamdb.info*,
>it then went back to full price until May 4th this year. So there's no
>guarantee it will stay free forever.
>
>(Mind you, the previous free offer last almost a year, so there's
>probably no rush. Still, it's better to be safe than sorry. I mean,
>why pay for a game you don't want when you can get that same game you
>don't want for free? ;-)

Exactly. After offering it free for a year, how much sales revenue could
they have generated on the full price product? I think they may be
releasing a new game soon, and this a move to generate buzz for it.

Either that or someone's "talented," nepotism hired, possibly inbred
nephew is running their marketing.