From: nospam.A...@f157.n267.z1.fidonet.org (Al DeRosa)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: GMail...
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2022 07:50:40 +1200
 by: Al DeRosa - Fri, 8 Apr 2022 19:50 UTC

Google is going to not allow less secure apps to access their platform next
month.. Is there a way around this for using the password reset function? I
chose Gmail back in the day when this feature was introduced because the docs
pretty much said it was simpler to use. Can we use a regular email account?

Al

.... 640K ought to be enough for anybody. -Bill Gates, 1981.

Re: GMail...

<1683115858@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1217&group=alt.bbs.mystic#1217

From: nospam.g...@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org (g00r00)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Re: GMail...
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 12:50:34 +1200
 by: g00r00 - Sun, 10 Apr 2022 00:50 UTC

AD> Google is going to not allow less secure apps to access their platform
AD> next month.. Is there a way around this for using the password reset
AD> function? I chose Gmail back in the day when this feature was introduced
AD> because the docs pretty much said it was simpler to use. Can we use a
AD> regular email account?

What does less secure mean in this situation? Mystic supports TLS 1.2 over its
SMTP if that is what you mean.

You can use any SMTP server that will accept the messages. I'll have to see if
I can get some time to look at whatever their changes they are making are.

.... Confucius say: "Its stuffy inside fortune cookie"

Re: GMail...

<3216283945@f157.n267.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1222&group=alt.bbs.mystic#1222

From: nospam.A...@f157.n267.z1.fidonet.org (Al DeRosa)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 18:23:02 +1200
 by: Al DeRosa - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 06:23 UTC

On 10 Apr 2022, g00r00 said the following...
g0>
g0> What does less secure mean in this situation? Mystic supports TLS 1.2
g0> over its SMTP if that is what you mean.
g0>
g0> You can use any SMTP server that will accept the messages. I'll have to
g0> see if I can get some time to look at whatever their changes they are
g0> making are.
g0>

I am going to open up my own server and have all messages go there.. As for
less secure, not sure, I do know I have to set up Outlook in my settings as
less secure which to me is a joke! I will look into it some more...

AL

.... Multitasking: Reading in the bathroom