From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac,comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.mobile.ipad
Subject: Re: Different icloud and music accounts
Date: 22 Jan 2024 06:47:43 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Mon, 22 Jan 2024 06:47 UTC

On 2024-01-21, Chris <ithinkiam@gmail.com> wrote:

> I suspect I know the answer but is it possible to have a separate
> account for Apple music on an ipad?

Absolutely. I've done this for many years now.

> I have a Mac and ipad I use for work and I like Universal Control and
> shared notes etc across the devices. I also have a personal Apple
> music account that I use with my Mac, but can't see how to do the same
> with my ipad. I'd love to be wrong but I guess all Apple services on
> iPadOS all share the same - an only - account.

Only by default. You can set the separate music account at Settings >
Apple ID (at the top) > Media & Purchases.

JR

Re: Different icloud and music accounts

<uom91i$r07h$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1227&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#1227

From: ithink...@gmail.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac,comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2024 17:35:46 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:zObD5avc6ZWQPrFtnmX75aqJBQQ=
 by: Chris - Mon, 22 Jan 2024 17:35 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
> On 2024-01-21, Chris <ithinkiam@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I suspect I know the answer but is it possible to have a separate
>> account for Apple music on an ipad?
>
> Absolutely. I've done this for many years now.
>
>> I have a Mac and ipad I use for work and I like Universal Control and
>> shared notes etc across the devices. I also have a personal Apple
>> music account that I use with my Mac, but can't see how to do the same
>> with my ipad. I'd love to be wrong but I guess all Apple services on
>> iPadOS all share the same - an only - account.
>
> Only by default. You can set the separate music account at Settings >
> Apple ID (at the top) > Media & Purchases.

That's bloody brilliant. I would never have found that.

Thanks! :)

Re: Different icloud and music accounts

<l181g9Fkst2U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1228&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#1228

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac,comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: 22 Jan 2024 20:28:57 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Mon, 22 Jan 2024 20:28 UTC

On 2024-01-22, Chris <ithinkiam@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
>> On 2024-01-21, Chris <ithinkiam@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I suspect I know the answer but is it possible to have a separate
>>> account for Apple music on an ipad?
>>
>> Absolutely. I've done this for many years now.
>>
>>> I have a Mac and ipad I use for work and I like Universal Control
>>> and shared notes etc across the devices. I also have a personal
>>> Apple music account that I use with my Mac, but can't see how to do
>>> the same with my ipad. I'd love to be wrong but I guess all Apple
>>> services on iPadOS all share the same - an only - account.
>>
>> Only by default. You can set the separate music account at Settings >
>> Apple ID (at the top) > Media & Purchases.
>
> That's bloody brilliant. I would never have found that.
>
> Thanks! :)

It's nice. We've used it for years to share purchases, but still have
our own individua iCLoud accounts.

JR