From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: FREE GAME: "Guacmelee" and "Guacamelee 2"
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2023 11:00:50 -0400
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Thu, 15 Jun 2023 15:00 UTC

Well, at least Epic isn't hiding what its free games are going
anymore. That lets me do this write-up a day early so I don't have to
worry about Ant or Zaghadka pre-empting me. Now if only Epic's
give-away offered more tempting games. Well, beggars can't be
choosers, and free is free after all.

* Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/all-dlc/guacamelee-stce-7cdbc8
A side-scrolling action-adventure platformer where you guide a
luchador to rescue the president's daughter from being ritualistically
sacrificed. I mean, really, does anything more need be said for you to
decide if this is a game for you or not? Yes? Well, it's also a
Metroidvania-style game with Indie style graphics and is highly
focused on melee combat (albeit nowhere nearly as complex as you'd
find in even a brawler like Double Dragon), and its filled with a lot
of Mexican iconography. It's weird and colorful and you'll probably
love it or hate it at first sight. And either extreme is justifiable,
but even if you hate it, the game at least deserves a look.

* Guacamelee! 2
https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/guacamelee-2-ac4977
See how the title of this game has a number 2 in it? Yeah, this is the
sequel and everything I said about the first game applies to this one
too. It's "Guacamelee!" except moreso. If the first game didn't grab
you, this one won't either, but if you loved the original you'll need
to grab this game too. No judgment; take it or leave it. I'll
understand.

Seven days, counting down. Tick, tick, tick.

Re: FREE GAME: "Guacmelee" and "Guacamelee 2"

<0592d94c-1ce9-41a0-8dcb-765400715cc3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12341&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#12341

Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2023 11:36:02 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: FREE GAME: "Guacmelee" and "Guacamelee 2"
From: justis...@gmail.com (Justisaur)
 by: Justisaur - Thu, 15 Jun 2023 18:36 UTC

On Thursday, June 15, 2023 at 8:01:03 AM UTC-7, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:
> Well, at least Epic isn't hiding what its free games are going
> anymore. That lets me do this write-up a day early so I don't have to
> worry about Ant or Zaghadka pre-empting me. Now if only Epic's
> give-away offered more tempting games. Well, beggars can't be
> choosers, and free is free after all.
>

> * Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
> https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/all-dlc/guacamelee-stce-7cdbc8
> A side-scrolling action-adventure platformer where you guide a
> luchador to rescue the president's daughter from being ritualistically
> sacrificed. I mean, really, does anything more need be said for you to
> decide if this is a game for you or not? Yes? Well, it's also a
> Metroidvania-style game with Indie style graphics and is highly
> focused on melee combat (albeit nowhere nearly as complex as you'd
> find in even a brawler like Double Dragon), and its filled with a lot
> of Mexican iconography. It's weird and colorful and you'll probably
> love it or hate it at first sight. And either extreme is justifiable,
> but even if you hate it, the game at least deserves a look.

I had this on steam and posted about it, not sure if it was the Super Turbo
Championship Edition though. Here's what I had to say:
"...a beautiful Mexican 'day of the dead' meets 'lucha libre' platformer.
Another one you want a controller for. I played it for a few days, but got
frustrated at the difficult platforming jumping challenges, finally getting to
one I couldn't get past. It was fun, funny, and full of beautiful artwork.
Running around and suplexing skeletons while wearing a chicken suit. I'd
recommend this one if you can stand platforming puzzles, as even if you
don't like them, it's got lots going for it."

I picked it up again.

> * Guacamelee! 2
> https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/guacamelee-2-ac4977
> See how the title of this game has a number 2 in it? Yeah, this is the
> sequel and everything I said about the first game applies to this one
> too. It's "Guacamelee!" except moreso. If the first game didn't grab
> you, this one won't either, but if you loved the original you'll need
> to grab this game too. No judgment; take it or leave it. I'll
> understand.

Maybe this one I'll be able to get past the platforming difficulties,
assuming I ever actually remember I have it and try it out.

- Justisaur

Re: FREE GAME: "Guacmelee" and "Guacamelee 2"

<e3KdnV0ztPmo_hb5nZ2dnZfqnPidnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12346&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#12346

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2023 19:15:01 +0000
 by: Ant - Thu, 15 Jun 2023 19:15 UTC

Thanks. I am not a fan of these types, but they're free so I took!

--
"When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them, because they were like sheep without a shepherd. So he began teaching them many things." --Mark 6:34. Lite rain overnite after a somewhat slammy flag day. Still winter. American Born Chinese is OK so far after 2 eps. so far.
| |o o| |

Re: FREE GAME: "Guacmelee" and "Guacamelee 2"

<68ho8i9pel7os8ftg6ortvti7g517bmk35@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12362&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#12362

From: Mik...@nowhere.com (Mike S.)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2023 07:19:05 -0400
 by: Mike S. - Fri, 16 Jun 2023 11:19 UTC

On Thu, 15 Jun 2023 19:15:01 +0000, ant@zimage.comANT (Ant) wrote:

>Thanks. I am not a fan of these types, but they're free so I took!

To borrow from you...

Ditto.

Re: FREE GAME: "Guacmelee" and "Guacamelee 2"

<4WidnQap76Y4QxH5nZ2dnZfqn_adnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12387&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#12387

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2023 22:13:57 +0000
 by: Ant - Fri, 16 Jun 2023 22:13 UTC

Mike S. <Mike_S@nowhere.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Jun 2023 19:15:01 +0000, ant@zimage.comANT (Ant) wrote:

> >Thanks. I am not a fan of these types, but they're free so I took!

> To borrow from you...

> Ditto.

:D
--
"O God, whom I praise, do not remain silent, for wicked and deceitful men have opened their mouths against me; they have spoken against me with lying tongues." --Psalm 109:1-2. :) Picard Day & TGIF. Still hurty, itchy, & leaky tho. :( Is winter finally over since the sun finally came back with heat?
| |o o| |