From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,misc.invest.stocks
Subject: Re: Apple stock falls for fourth consecutive session
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2022 01:18:54 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Thu, 29 Dec 2022 01:18 UTC

Jolly Roger wrote:

>> Stock is same price it was almost 2.5 years ago.
>
> So is the S&P 500 and Dow Jones. The NASDAQ is even worse. But that's
> not stopping dip shit trolls from trying to make this about Apple. ; )

Apple stock will fluctuate.

Apple doesn't actually make much, so they're a risky investment, IMHO
(e.g., Qualcomm could extremely easily have put Apple out of business).

Yet Apple is one of the most successful companies out there, so what that
means is that Apple is an incredibly (brilliantly) well run company.

Apple spends almost nothing in R&D costs compared to similar tech
companies, as Apple is basically all marketing and almost no product.

While Apple marketing is (admittedly) brilliant, Apple R&D is horrific.
Apple can't even design a simple modem, for Christ' sake.
Nor integrate it.

In general, all Apple product suck when you compare functionality.
And yet, Apple is hugely successful.

Why?
Marketing works best against a gullible customer base, does it not?

PT Barnum is correct.
You can't make those ungodly profits off of an intelligent customer base.

Re: Apple stock falls for fourth consecutive session

<tois4v$3vaj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12350&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#12350

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,misc.invest.stocks
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2022 17:56:47 -0800
 by: Alan - Thu, 29 Dec 2022 01:56 UTC

On 2022-12-28 17:18, Andy Burnelli wrote:
> Jolly Roger wrote:
>
>>> Stock is same price it was almost 2.5 years ago.
>>
>> So is the S&P 500 and Dow Jones. The NASDAQ is even worse. But that's
>> not stopping dip shit trolls from trying to make this about Apple. ; )
>
> Apple stock will fluctuate.
>
> Apple doesn't actually make much, so they're a risky investment, IMHO
> (e.g., Qualcomm could extremely easily have put Apple out of business).

False.

> Yet Apple is one of the most successful companies out there, so what that
> means is that Apple is an incredibly (brilliantly) well run company.
>
> Apple spends almost nothing in R&D costs compared to similar tech
> companies, as Apple is basically all marketing and almost no product.

False.

Apple spends more on R&D than all but a small handful of companies.

> While Apple marketing is (admittedly) brilliant, Apple R&D is horrific.
> Apple can't even design a simple modem, for Christ' sake.
> Nor integrate it.
>
> In general, all Apple product suck when you compare functionality.
> And yet, Apple is hugely successful.
>
> Why?

How about: people disagree with your assessment of how well they work?

:-)