"Help Mr. Wizard!" -- Tennessee Tuxedo

computers / comp.sys.mac.advocacy / Re: FYI

SubjectAuthor
* FYIThomas E.
`* Re: FYIAlan
 `* Re: FYIThomas E.
  `* Re: FYIAlan
   `* Re: FYIThomas E.
    `* Re: FYIAlan
     `* Re: FYIThomas E.
      +* Re: FYIAlan
      |`* Re: FYIThomas E.
      | `- Re: FYIThomas E.
      `* Re: FYI-hh
       `* Re: FYIThomas E.
        `* Re: FYI-hh
         `* Re: FYIThomas E.
          +* Re: FYI-hh
          |+* Re: FYIAlan
          ||+- Re: FYIThomas E.
          ||`* Re: FYIAlan
          || `* Re: FYIThomas E.
          ||  `* Re: FYIAlan
          ||   `* Re: FYIThomas E.
          ||    `- Re: FYIAlan
          |`* Re: FYIThomas E.
          | `* Re: FYI-hh
          |  +* Re: FYIThomas E.
          |  |`* Re: FYI-hh
          |  | `- Re: FYIThomas E.
          |  `* Re: FYIThomas E.
          |   `- Re: FYIAlan
          `* Re: FYIJohn
           `- Re: FYIThomas E.

Pages:12
Re: FYI

<f0ac7cd8-787f-4da5-84cc-ff2e89d61c4en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12377&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#12377

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2023 06:21:52 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: FYI
From: thomas.e...@gmail.com (Thomas E.)
 by: Thomas E. - Mon, 2 Jan 2023 14:21 UTC

On Saturday, December 31, 2022 at 1:12:51 PM UTC-5, Alan wrote:
> On 2022-12-31 09:19, Thomas E. wrote:
> > Looks good to me.
> >
> > Speaking of theories, how about theories being used to extrapolate into imagined lies based on 0 personal experience, actual observation and limited knowledge? Like these:
> >
> > 15 touch and goes in an hour of logged flight time
> Information offered by YOU.
> > correct use of roundabout lanes in Carmel Indiana
> Information offered by YOU
> > auto structural impingement into the passenger area in a crash
> Information offered by YOU
> > a new 16" Apple Mac dying 14 days after purchase
> Information offered by YOU.
>
> Do you sense a theme here, stalker?

The point being that in each instance you conjured up a "lie" based on no first-hand observation or relevant experience. This is how you attempt to destroy those who dare doubt you.

Re: FYI

<2a01d8b4-19d2-4ec6-8b2b-1e96c8037994n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12378&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#12378

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2023 06:25:34 -0800 (PST)
From: thomas.e...@gmail.com (Thomas E.)
 by: Thomas E. - Mon, 2 Jan 2023 14:25 UTC

Click here to read the complete article
Re: FYI

<b71da47e-f4ad-4b5a-b29c-1a1d00df02cen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12379&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#12379

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2023 06:26:53 -0800 (PST)
From: thomas.e...@gmail.com (Thomas E.)
 by: Thomas E. - Mon, 2 Jan 2023 14:26 UTC

On Sunday, January 1, 2023 at 2:21:54 PM UTC-5, John wrote:
> On 12/30/2022 8:30 AM, Thomas E. wrote:

> >> Don't know, don't care, as that wasn't the point of the comment. The comment was
> >> noting that standards aren't fixed but they change. The 17C Dutch merchant portraits
> >> exploited time so as to emphasize just how much things have already changed, and
> >> will continue to change. Even the medium is illustrative: what was a 2D projection
> >> on oils has migrated through B&W and Color film to now be a digital 2D image, and
> >> it probably isn't long until it moves again, perhaps to a 3D VR/hologram representation.

> >> No, it is what *you* think the 'current norm' is from your industry and expectations.
> >>
> >> That's also why when I look at your volunteered portrait pic from my own profession
> >> perspective, I see elements within your visage which tells me specific things about you,
> >> some of which may be immediately disqualifying for what I may be looking to hire...
> >>
> >> ...and I'm not talking about gender, race, age of the "you", but other elements therein.
> >>
> >> -hh
> >
> > That's true. I'm not looking for a truck driving, welding, electrician, or lawn care position. The image is what I was at the time, an educated well-dressed professional in good health looking for consulting opportunities a field that requires those attributes. Also, the picture was taken by a professional photographer, which in itself sends a subtle message.
> >
> > Do you actually think Alan looks like a professional computer expert in that amateurish condo interior selfie? He looks like a Gen Y mom's basement-dweller Usenet-addicted geek to me.
> Trolls normally do not dress or look professional.

Certainly true in this case.

Re: FYI

<79b950ba-cf34-4c6b-aa54-31f0514ca4d4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12380&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#12380

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2023 06:28:29 -0800 (PST)
From: thomas.e...@gmail.com (Thomas E.)
 by: Thomas E. - Mon, 2 Jan 2023 14:28 UTC

On Friday, December 30, 2022 at 7:28:28 PM UTC-5, -hh wrote:
> On Friday, December 30, 2022 at 3:55:28 PM UTC-5, Thomas E. wrote:

> > > The attributes & messages is that of a ''dinosaur", not of today's post-Information Age.
> > > It is a lot warmer & humanistic and appropriate to the product. I'd say that Alan would
> > > get a higher score by Room Rater than you would.
> > > Because you've surrendered to being one of those dinosaurs, whereas I'm trying not to.
> > >

> > Really? Room rater?
>
> Yup. It illustrates how the workplace has evolved with teleworking. My own setup
> hasn't been fancy ... just a framed print backdrop, but it has a useful note tagged on it
> that's only visible when I'm not in the chair:
>
> <https://www.huntzinger.com/photo/2022/BRB.jpg>
>

> > I'm retired from consulting ...
>
> Which then makes your headshot pic even more obsolete and irrelevant.
> > We have started traveling again. East Coast and Canada in September, Atlanta for family
> > Christmas, Costa Rica in January, Beaver Creek skiing Feb-March, probably at least one trip
> > to Europe this year.
> With what appears to be a chronological listing, suggesting that 'Costa Rica in January'
> means next month, and those that follow are 2023 plans subject to change as well.
>

> > ...No Hugh, we are living the dream. Travel, hobbies, family...love it.
>
> To assuage your fears, others have been traveling too .. just not advertising it here on COLA.
> Case in point:
>
> <https://www.huntzinger.com/photo/2022/brac/20220523-1303-beach.jpeg>
> <https://www.huntzinger.com/photo/2022/France/2022FR_Eugisheim.jpg>
>
> Plus much of the 'hobby' year was busy with a project that I've also not talked much about.
> But suffice that 'Stage II' is now complete.
> > Read Alan's reply related to that condo picture. He forgot it was on the site.
> > Hope he changes it.
> Doesn't matter when you'll invariably contrive some sort of criticism to whine about.
>
> Even a formal portrait headshot just like yours, you'll then complain that the color
> of the background isn't exactly the same shade! /s
>

> -hh

I would only add that Alan immediately replaced that photo on the company site with one more suitable.

Re: FYI

<tov3ok$1rbro$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12381&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#12381

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2023 09:20:20 -0800
<e07f5f7c-8872-45e6-834d-a5f23aa77ed2n@googlegroups.com>
<ffbbabc5-c806-4de5-a4d0-727bfa6aa605n@googlegroups.com>
<tona7d$kalr$1@dont-email.me> <tonuh1$pnps$2@dont-email.me>
<13e2dafc-11fd-4ad4-94b0-fce7c459cdb7n@googlegroups.com>
<topu30$12ej4$1@dont-email.me>
<f0ac7cd8-787f-4da5-84cc-ff2e89d61c4en@googlegroups.com>
 by: Alan - Mon, 2 Jan 2023 17:20 UTC

On 2023-01-02 06:21, Thomas E. wrote:
> On Saturday, December 31, 2022 at 1:12:51 PM UTC-5, Alan wrote:
>> On 2022-12-31 09:19, Thomas E. wrote:
>>> Looks good to me.
>>>
>>> Speaking of theories, how about theories being used to
>>> extrapolate into imagined lies based on 0 personal experience,
>>> actual observation and limited knowledge? Like these:
>>>
>>> 15 touch and goes in an hour of logged flight time
>> Information offered by YOU.
>>> correct use of roundabout lanes in Carmel Indiana
>> Information offered by YOU
>>> auto structural impingement into the passenger area in a crash
>> Information offered by YOU
>>> a new 16" Apple Mac dying 14 days after purchase
>> Information offered by YOU.
>>
>> Do you sense a theme here, stalker?
>
> The point being that in each instance you conjured up a "lie" based
> on no first-hand observation or relevant experience. This is how you
> attempt to destroy those who dare doubt you.

The point being that at no time did I lie about anything.

I offered my opinions on some subjects.

Re: FYI

<tov3qi$1rbro$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12382&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#12382

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2023 09:21:22 -0800
<e07f5f7c-8872-45e6-834d-a5f23aa77ed2n@googlegroups.com>
<ffbbabc5-c806-4de5-a4d0-727bfa6aa605n@googlegroups.com>
<04377ad9-8668-42cd-99cc-013d591a7675n@googlegroups.com>
<63acb559-96ff-4051-b012-94241ed175f8n@googlegroups.com>
<79b950ba-cf34-4c6b-aa54-31f0514ca4d4n@googlegroups.com>
 by: Alan - Mon, 2 Jan 2023 17:21 UTC

On 2023-01-02 06:28, Thomas E. wrote:
> On Friday, December 30, 2022 at 7:28:28 PM UTC-5, -hh wrote:

>>> Really? Room rater?
>>
>> Yup. It illustrates how the workplace has evolved with teleworking. My own setup
>> hasn't been fancy ... just a framed print backdrop, but it has a useful note tagged on it
>> that's only visible when I'm not in the chair:
>>
>> <https://www.huntzinger.com/photo/2022/BRB.jpg>
>>

>>> I'm retired from consulting ...
>>
>> Which then makes your headshot pic even more obsolete and irrelevant.
>>> We have started traveling again. East Coast and Canada in September, Atlanta for family
>>> Christmas, Costa Rica in January, Beaver Creek skiing Feb-March, probably at least one trip
>>> to Europe this year.
>> With what appears to be a chronological listing, suggesting that 'Costa Rica in January'
>> means next month, and those that follow are 2023 plans subject to change as well.
>>

>>> ...No Hugh, we are living the dream. Travel, hobbies, family...love it.
>>
>> To assuage your fears, others have been traveling too .. just not advertising it here on COLA.
>> Case in point:
>>
>> <https://www.huntzinger.com/photo/2022/brac/20220523-1303-beach.jpeg>
>> <https://www.huntzinger.com/photo/2022/France/2022FR_Eugisheim.jpg>
>>
>> Plus much of the 'hobby' year was busy with a project that I've also not talked much about.
>> But suffice that 'Stage II' is now complete.
>>> Read Alan's reply related to that condo picture. He forgot it was on the site.
>>> Hope he changes it.
>> Doesn't matter when you'll invariably contrive some sort of criticism to whine about.
>>
>> Even a formal portrait headshot just like yours, you'll then complain that the color
>> of the background isn't exactly the same shade! /s
>>

>> -hh
>
> I would only add that Alan immediately replaced that photo on the company site with one more suitable.

And of what relevance is that, you Lying Little Shit?

As I already said I was unaware that I'd left that photo up from when I
was building the site in the first place.