From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: More FREE GAMES: "Ashes to Ashes", "Their Land", "Street Sense 2", "Cat-aclysm" and "Exorsite"
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2023 12:48:22 -0400
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Fri, 16 Jun 2023 16:48 UTC

Some low-rent Indie titles, but free is free. Don't expect the world
from them, but some of them look novel and might be worth the time.

* Ashes to Ashes
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2381010/Ashes_to_Ashes/
Spell-slinging zombie cowboys; now there's something you don't say
everyday. Go on the usual vengeance quest in this... first person
shooter? I'm not sure. Looks a bit rough around the edges, but might
be interesting. It's labeled "free to play" though, so be careful

* Their Land
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2430990/Their_Land/
First-person action adventure exploring an island of mystery and
danger. Lots of negative reviews, but those seem mostly due to poor
optimizations (valid) and people being upset that the game doesn't
include multiplayer (which, apparently, the developer hinted that it
might). But if you can get the game to run and enjoy single-player, it
looks like it might be worth it

* Street Sense 2
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2279470/Street_Sense_2/
A very basic open-world sandbox driving game. There doesn't seem to be
any point to it beyond the joy of driving around, but hey, that's
pretty much what I do in the American Truck Simulator game, so I'll
give it a shot.

* Cat-Aclysm
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2431320/Cataclysm/
A top-down action/adventure. Guide a cat-thing in its quest to start a
revolution and take over the city.

* Exorsite
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2257940/Exorsite/
A third-person shooter crossed with an RTS that lets you jump between
the units under you control as you lead them to victory against an
army of ghosts and demons. Very early access.

(there's a number of other freebies circulating on Steam too, but
those tend to be 'prologues' to as-yet-unreleased main games and I'm
not gonna push their marketing for 'em).

Re: More FREE GAMES: "Ashes to Ashes", "Their Land", "Street Sense 2", "Cat-aclysm" and "Exorsite"

<u6iaei$tcgb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12378&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#12378

From: rsquires...@MOOflashMOO.net (rms)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2023 12:42:23 -0600
 by: rms - Fri, 16 Jun 2023 18:42 UTC

Got 'em all! Thanks Spalls

rms

Re: More FREE GAMES: "Ashes to Ashes", "Their Land", "Street Sense 2", "Cat-aclysm" and "Exorsite"

<se6r8idi30fs0f3vs29dp9admr9qpdopbc@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12400&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#12400

From: zagha...@hotmail.com (Zaghadka)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 06:33:17 -0500
 by: Zaghadka - Sat, 17 Jun 2023 11:33 UTC

On Fri, 16 Jun 2023 12:48:22 -0400, in comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,
Spalls Hurgenson wrote:

>Some low-rent Indie titles, but free is free. Don't expect the world
>from them, but some of them look novel and might be worth the time.
>

>* Ashes to Ashes
>https://store.steampowered.com/app/2381010/Ashes_to_Ashes/
>Spell-slinging zombie cowboys; now there's something you don't say
>everyday. Go on the usual vengeance quest in this... first person
>shooter? I'm not sure. Looks a bit rough around the edges, but might
>be interesting. It's labeled "free to play" though, so be careful

This looked pretty good, and there was a major performance patch listed
on the store page, so I grabbed it.

Thank you, Sir!

--
Zag

No one ever said on their deathbed, 'Gee, I wish I had
spent more time alone with my computer.' ~Dan(i) Bunten