From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.mobile.ipad
Subject: Re: Has anyone here already run a Linux iFuse (libimobiledevice) port on Windows?
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2022 17:33:27 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sun, 23 Jan 2022 17:33 UTC

On Sat, 22 Jan 2022 23:40:00 -0500, nospam wrote:

> he's clearly never used itunes,

What's always the case with these iKooks is they just make everything up.
Look at this screenshot: <https://i.postimg.cc/fRtZFGSt/sharepod01.jpg>

What do you think happens to that _fantastic_ two-way file copy to and from
the _entire visible file system_ of the iPod & Windows... ... ...
What do you think happens, nospam....
What happens...
What happens...
*What happens the _instant_ iTunes is installed?*

Tell us, nospam.
What happens to that functionality the instant iTunes is installed?

Tell us.
(HINT: I know because I certainly know that iTunes _removes_ functionality!)

Note to adults only:
a. I'm aware how very odd that sounds that iTunes _removes_ functionality.
b. But try it and you'll see _exactly_ that (odd as it would seem).
c. A question might be _why_ does Apple have iTunes remove functionality?

Why does Apple write iTunes to _remove_ that functionality?
I don't know why.

All I know is that the instant you add iTunes to Windows, you can no longer
just slide your media files back and forth (read _and_ write) to the entire
visible file system of _any_ iPod (not just your iPod - but _any_ iPod).
a. You can't use any iPod
b. You can't slide files back and forth

Why does iTunes destroy that functionality the _instant_ you install it?
I don't know why.

Ask the iKooks why.
(Note: Ask the iKooks how they can claim I've never used iTunes by the way.)

>> If iTunes was so great, Jolly Roger, why did Apple summarily drop it whole?
> on windows, it's alive and well.

Tell us nospam why iTunes (and its concomittent bloatware) has huge
vulnerabilities that are in the iTunes Windows versions for 8 years, nospam?
>> The goal here is to do with iOS what _every_ other platform already does.
>
> it very easily does that.
>
> only you are having problems, which means the limitation is not the
> operating system, the hardware or the company who made it.

The adults will notice that the iKooks claim they can do what _nobody_ else
can do, which is a brazen fabrication which they _never_ back up with facts.

Since I'm an adult, here are facts that I can do what I claim I can do:
<https://i.postimg.cc/fRtZFGSt/sharepod01.jpg> itunes removes functionality
<https://i.postimg.cc/NFkXsJ0X/files01.jpg> iOS/Win is 1-way & DCIM only
<https://i.postimg.cc/L8b18Zmx/files02.jpg> iOS "Files" does nothing useful
<https://i.postimg.cc/d3SGkdgr/files03.jpg> Android is two way, everything
<https://i.postimg.cc/QMk7tvZW/files04.jpg> Ubuntu is two way, everything
<https://i.postimg.cc/qqg61Rh8/files05.jpg> Ubuntu, movies _to_ iOS on USB
<https://i.postimg.cc/Jhmy9KH7/files06.jpg> Ubuntu uses iFuse for its magic
<https://i.postimg.cc/KjK4nHwf/files07.jpg> Ubuntu is two-way, everything
<https://i.postimg.cc/3xcCBngd/files08.jpg> iOS is just a dumb brick on Win
<https://i.postimg.cc/mDx3xkp4/files09.jpg> iOS only DCIM & only 1-way copy
<https://i.postimg.cc/9MGdc2s7/files10.jpg> Android is 2-way fast over USB
<https://i.postimg.cc/cChf8mx1/files11.jpg> iOS requires hacks just to copy
<https://i.postimg.cc/pVJf72fN/files12.jpg> iOS hacks very often will fail
<https://i.postimg.cc/g269S8rT/files13.jpg> How does macOS work with iOS?
<https://i.postimg.cc/s2x0f9Js/files14.jpg> Simultaneous linux, win10 & iOS

Adults will notice the iKooks are _desperate_ to claim functionality that
doesn't exist - where Frank Slootweg became exasperated these iKooks _never_
can back up _any_ of their brazenly fabricated imaginary functionality.

Why are the iKooks so _desperate_ to deflect this technical thread?
I don't know why.
I just know that I can predict a decade in advance what they do.

Nonetheless, the goal remains to obtain for iOS the same functionality we
already have for all other platforms except for iOS (even iPods!)

The USB file xfer goal can be resolved by finding an iFuse port for Windows.
I'm _not_ a developer and I don't have _any_ experience compiling iFuse.

Hence the answer will be from those who are better at such things than I.
I will follow in your footsteps (as I try every viable solution proposed).

Is there anyone here who knows iFuse better than I do that can help us?
--
The only known solution is Windows iFuse (but we haven't found a port yet)