The world is coming to an end ... SAVE YOUR BUFFERS!!!

computers / alt.os.linux.suse / Will the message go through?

SubjectAuthor
* Will the message go through?panorain
`* Re: Will the message go through?Carlos E.R.
 +* Re: Will the message go through?panorain
 |`* Re: Will the message go through?Carlos E.R.
 | +* Re: Will the message go through?Andrew
 | |`- Re: Will the message go through?Carlos E.R.
 | +- Re: Will the message go through?panorain
 | `- Re: Will the message go through?panorain
 `- Re: Will the message go through?panorain

1
Will the message go through?

<s6rfle$vum$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=125&group=alt.os.linux.suse#125

From: pj...@7.invalid.com (panorain)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.suse
Subject: Will the message go through?
Date: Tue, 4 May 2021 07:45:26 -0500
 by: panorain - Tue, 4 May 2021 12:45 UTC

I was up a bit late and composed a message to users@lists.opensuse.org
it did include an image of "stack traces" (479 kb). Either way, I am
wondering if the moderator will approve the message. I have no issue
whatsoever if it takes a day or 2 maybe more. I am just curious. The
message title is: [How to gather "saved kernel logs" information for bug
report?]

How often does moderator review messages?

I am very much enjoying reading the messages on the lists. :-]

-Regards and thanks

Re: Will the message go through?

<m0t7mh-ckp.ln1@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=126&group=alt.os.linux.suse#126

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.suse
Subject: Re: Will the message go through?
Date: Tue, 4 May 2021 14:58:30 +0200
 by: Carlos E.R. - Tue, 4 May 2021 12:58 UTC

On 04/05/2021 14.45, panorain wrote:
> I was up a bit late and composed a message to users@lists.opensuse.org
> it did include an image of "stack traces" (479 kb). Either way, I am
> wondering if the moderator will approve the message. I have no issue
> whatsoever if it takes a day or 2 maybe more. I am just curious. The
> message title is: [How to gather "saved kernel logs" information for bug
> report?]

Well, a message of that size is considered by many people to be
"offensive", so I hope it will not be accepted.

If you need to post long logs, upload them to susepaste.org and just
post a link.

> How often does moderator review messages?

Anything from hours to weeks.

> I am very much enjoying reading the messages on the lists. :-]

Good :-)

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Re: Will the message go through?

<99a3a34f-cd06-af33-99ab-c14795d59a41@7.invalid.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=127&group=alt.os.linux.suse#127

From: pj...@7.invalid.com (panorain)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.suse
Date: Tue, 4 May 2021 08:10:38 -0500
 by: panorain - Tue, 4 May 2021 13:10 UTC

On 5/4/21 7:58 AM, Carlos E.R. wrote:
> On 04/05/2021 14.45, panorain wrote:
>> I was up a bit late and composed a message to users@lists.opensuse.org
>> it did include an image of "stack traces" (479 kb). Either way, I am
>> wondering if the moderator will approve the message. I have no issue
>> whatsoever if it takes a day or 2 maybe more. I am just curious. The
>> message title is: [How to gather "saved kernel logs" information for
>> bug report?]
>
> Well, a message of that size is considered by many people to be
> "offensive", so I hope it will not be accepted.
>
> If you need to post long logs, upload them to susepaste.org and just
> post a link.

Where Is the correct place to attach a link to a screenshot or photo for
a message? I believe that susepaste.org may only accept text.
>> How often does moderator review messages?
>
> Anything from hours to weeks.
When would it be ok or correct "netiquette" to try to resend the message
to the list?

>> I am very much enjoying reading the messages on the lists. :-]
>
> Good :-)

Thanks :-]

Re: Will the message go through?

<41558183-de5c-3b2b-49ad-abe8d45a2397@7.invalid.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=128&group=alt.os.linux.suse#128

From: pj...@7.invalid.com (panorain)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.suse
Date: Tue, 4 May 2021 08:12:27 -0500
 by: panorain - Tue, 4 May 2021 13:12 UTC

On 5/4/21 7:58 AM, Carlos E.R. wrote:
> On 04/05/2021 14.45, panorain wrote:
>> I was up a bit late and composed a message to users@lists.opensuse.org
>> it did include an image of "stack traces" (479 kb). Either way, I am
>> wondering if the moderator will approve the message. I have no issue
>> whatsoever if it takes a day or 2 maybe more. I am just curious. The
>> message title is: [How to gather "saved kernel logs" information for
>> bug report?]
>
> Well, a message of that size is considered by many people to be
> "offensive", so I hope it will not be accepted.
>
> If you need to post long logs, upload them to susepaste.org and just
> post a link.

Where Is the correct place to attach a link to a screenshot or photo for
a message? I believe that susepaste.org may only accept text.
>> How often does moderator review messages?
>
> Anything from hours to weeks.
When would it be ok or correct "netiquette" to try to resend the message
to the list?

>> I am very much enjoying reading the messages on the lists. :-]
>
> Good :-)

Thanks :-]

Re: Will the message go through?

<fre8mh-2o9.ln1@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=129&group=alt.os.linux.suse#129

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.suse
Date: Tue, 4 May 2021 20:02:55 +0200
 by: Carlos E.R. - Tue, 4 May 2021 18:02 UTC

On 04/05/2021 15.10, panorain wrote:
> On 5/4/21 7:58 AM, Carlos E.R. wrote:
>> On 04/05/2021 14.45, panorain wrote:
>>> I was up a bit late and composed a message to
>>> users@lists.opensuse.org it did include an image of "stack traces"
>>> (479 kb). Either way, I am wondering if the moderator will approve
>>> the message. I have no issue whatsoever if it takes a day or 2 maybe
>>> more. I am just curious. The message title is: [How to gather "saved
>>> kernel logs" information for bug report?]
>>
>> Well, a message of that size is considered by many people to be
>> "offensive", so I hope it will not be accepted.
>>
>> If you need to post long logs, upload them to susepaste.org and just
>> post a link.
>>
> Where Is the correct place to attach a link to a screenshot or photo for
> a message? I believe that susepaste.org may only accept text.

No, it also accepts photos. Top-right, there is a click for "images" or
"code".

>>> How often does moderator review messages?
>>
>> Anything from hours to weeks.
> When would it be ok or correct "netiquette" to try to resend the message
> to the list?

Anytime :-)

Typically, if I see a message of mine hitting moderation and I know why,
I resend immediately with the issue corrected.

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Re: Will the message go through?

<s6s57v$16u2$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=130&group=alt.os.linux.suse#130

From: Dou...@hyperspace.vogon.gov (Andrew)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.suse
Date: Tue, 4 May 2021 20:53:53 +0200
 by: Andrew - Tue, 4 May 2021 18:53 UTC

Carlos E.R. wrote:
> On 04/05/2021 15.10, panorain wrote:
>>>
>>> Well, a message of that size is considered by many people to be
>>> "offensive", so I hope it will not be accepted.
>>>
>>> If you need to post long logs, upload them to susepaste.org and just
>>> post a link.
>>>
>> Where Is the correct place to attach a link to a screenshot or photo
>> for a message? I believe that susepaste.org may only accept text.
>
> No, it also accepts photos. Top-right, there is a click for "images" or
> "code".

>>> Anything from hours to weeks.
>> When would it be ok or correct "netiquette" to try to resend the
>> message to the list?
>
> Anytime :-)
>
> Typically, if I see a message of mine hitting moderation and I know why,
> I resend immediately with the issue corrected.

How do you know that a message is being moderated? Because it does not
appear immediately? I was not even aware that there was moderation here.

Re: Will the message go through?

<3oi8mh-ncf.ln1@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=131&group=alt.os.linux.suse#131

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.suse
Date: Tue, 4 May 2021 21:09:23 +0200
 by: Carlos E.R. - Tue, 4 May 2021 19:09 UTC

On 04/05/2021 20.53, Andrew wrote:
> Carlos E.R. wrote:

>>> Where Is the correct place to attach a link to a screenshot or photo
>>> for a message? I believe that susepaste.org may only accept text.
>>
>> No, it also accepts photos. Top-right, there is a click for "images"
>> or "code".

>>> When would it be ok or correct "netiquette" to try to resend the
>>> message to the list?
>>
>> Anytime :-)
>>
>> Typically, if I see a message of mine hitting moderation and I know
>> why, I resend immediately with the issue corrected.
>>

> How do you know that a message is being moderated?  Because it does not
> appear immediately?  I was not even aware that there was moderation here.

Not "here", but at the openSUSE mail lists. It is not moderation itself,
but a message triggering some automatic filter, like "too big". And you
know because you should get an automated email telling you of the issue.

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Re: Will the message go through?

<9da6287d-0510-9f92-3315-22fd1ac84be5@7.invalid.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=133&group=alt.os.linux.suse#133

From: pj...@7.invalid.com (panorain)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.suse
Date: Fri, 7 May 2021 21:47:07 -0500
 by: panorain - Sat, 8 May 2021 02:47 UTC

On 5/4/21 1:02 PM, Carlos E.R. wrote:
> On 04/05/2021 15.10, panorain wrote:
>>>
>>> Well, a message of that size is considered by many people to be
>>> "offensive", so I hope it will not be accepted.
>>>
>>> If you need to post long logs, upload them to susepaste.org and just
>>> post a link.
>>>
>> Where Is the correct place to attach a link to a screenshot or photo
>> for a message? I believe that susepaste.org may only accept text.
>
> No, it also accepts photos. Top-right, there is a click for "images" or
> "code".

I see that button now. Thanks for pointing that out. :|

>>> Anything from hours to weeks.
>> When would it be ok or correct "netiquette" to try to resend the
>> message to the list?
>
> Anytime :-)
>
> Typically, if I see a message of mine hitting moderation and I know why,
> I resend immediately with the issue corrected.

Re: Will the message go through?

<e8d36f11-9203-62cc-e6a8-3af52d498aa0@7.invalid.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=134&group=alt.os.linux.suse#134

From: pj...@7.invalid.com (panorain)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.suse
Date: Fri, 7 May 2021 22:00:20 -0500
 by: panorain - Sat, 8 May 2021 03:00 UTC