"It's God. No, not Richard Stallman, or Linus Torvalds, but God." (By Matt Welsh)

computers / comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action / Re: FREE GAMES: "Bucket Brawl", "Edemn", "Undawn" and more

SubjectAuthor
* FREE GAMES: "Bucket Brawl", "Edemn", "Undawn" and moreSpalls Hurgenson
+- Re: FREE GAMES: "Bucket Brawl", "Edemn", "Undawn" and moreZaghadka
+* Re: FREE GAMES: "Bucket Brawl", "Edemn", "Undawn" and moreJustisaur
|`- Re: FREE GAMES: "Bucket Brawl", "Edemn", "Undawn" and moreAnt
`* Re: FREE GAMES: "Bucket Brawl", "Edemn", "Undawn" and moreAnt
 +* Re: FREE GAMES: "Bucket Brawl", "Edemn", "Undawn" and moreSpalls Hurgenson
 |`* Re: FREE GAMES: "Bucket Brawl", "Edemn", "Undawn" and moreJustisaur
 | `- Re: FREE GAMES: "Bucket Brawl", "Edemn", "Undawn" and moreSpalls Hurgenson
 `* Re: FREE GAMES: "Bucket Brawl", "Edemn", "Undawn" and moreMike S.
  `* Re: FREE GAMES: "Bucket Brawl", "Edemn", "Undawn" and moreJustisaur
   `- Re: FREE GAMES: "Bucket Brawl", "Edemn", "Undawn" and moreAnt

1
FREE GAMES: "Bucket Brawl", "Edemn", "Undawn" and more

<64p89ilmdn73hdibu8j23vuhvqdlvfnocg@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12489&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#12489

From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: FREE GAMES: "Bucket Brawl", "Edemn", "Undawn" and more
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 11:14:51 -0400
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 15:14 UTC

More free games for you to peruse. Very Indie, very free. I don't
promise you quality, just games you don't have to pay for.

* Anyuu
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2431310/ANYU/
An open-world walking simulator exploring a lost city in an arctic
wasteland. Physics puzzles and environmental storytelling galore.
Looks very "AER Memories of Old" except without any of the fun flying
mechanics.

* Solar Showdown
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2408120/Solar_Showdown/
Looks to be a multiplayer tower-defense game, where you build up your
realm so you can swarm your enemies and overtake their defenses.

* Bucket Brawl
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2413660/Bucket_Brawl_Ahlman_Edition/
An "arena fighter" where you guide your plastic-toy avatar in a
top-down viewpoint towards victory over other plastic toys. Buckets
are somehow involved.

* Edemn
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2219660/Edemn/
A retro FPS-shooter (I think we're supposed to call them 'boomer
shooters' now?) that looks like a poor man's "Unreal Tournament".
Well, it will probably run well on your old Core2 Duo laptop, at
least.

* Stranded Traveler
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2432010/The_Stranded_Traveler/
A 2D side-scrolling action/platformer. Sort of Metroid crossed with
"Johnny Castaway"?

* Undawn
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1881700/Undawn/
An first-person open-world survival game; explore, craft, build,
shoot. It's free-to-play online and designed with mobile gaming in
mind, so don't expect much.

Have fun. Remember, if it grows the size of your video-game library,
it's worth snagging. ;-)

Re: FREE GAMES: "Bucket Brawl", "Edemn", "Undawn" and more

<slu89i55h0cb9j0l506na5uuosqjv3sl36@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12493&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#12493

From: zagha...@hotmail.com (Zaghadka)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Re: FREE GAMES: "Bucket Brawl", "Edemn", "Undawn" and more
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 11:49:21 -0500
 by: Zaghadka - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 16:49 UTC

On Thu, 22 Jun 2023 11:14:51 -0400, in comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,
Spalls Hurgenson wrote:

>* Edemn
>https://store.steampowered.com/app/2219660/Edemn/
>A retro FPS-shooter (I think we're supposed to call them 'boomer
>shooters' now?) that looks like a poor man's "Unreal Tournament".
>Well, it will probably run well on your old Core2 Duo laptop, at
>least.

As a Gen-X, which is the actual generation for those retro shooters, I do
not enjoy being lumped in with "Boomers." If future generations want to
do the generational identity thing, at least get it right.

The only "Boomer Shooter" in existence, afaic, is Just Die Already.

Also early access. No thanks on any early access (nee: beta/alpha) games.

--
Zag

No one ever said on their deathbed, 'Gee, I wish I had
spent more time alone with my computer.' ~Dan(i) Bunten

Re: FREE GAMES: "Bucket Brawl", "Edemn", "Undawn" and more

<f1dad168-5c1e-410a-b168-ed41bad50020n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12494&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#12494

Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 11:36:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: justis...@gmail.com (Justisaur)
 by: Justisaur - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 18:36 UTC

On Thursday, June 22, 2023 at 8:15:04 AM UTC-7, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:
> More free games for you to peruse. Very Indie, very free. I don't
> promise you quality, just games you don't have to pay for.
>

> * Anyuu
> https://store.steampowered.com/app/2431310/ANYU/
> An open-world walking simulator exploring a lost city in an arctic
> wasteland. Physics puzzles and environmental storytelling galore.
> Looks very "AER Memories of Old" except without any of the fun flying
> mechanics.
>
> * Solar Showdown
> https://store.steampowered.com/app/2408120/Solar_Showdown/
> Looks to be a multiplayer tower-defense game, where you build up your
> realm so you can swarm your enemies and overtake their defenses.
>
> * Bucket Brawl
> https://store.steampowered.com/app/2413660/Bucket_Brawl_Ahlman_Edition/
> An "arena fighter" where you guide your plastic-toy avatar in a
> top-down viewpoint towards victory over other plastic toys. Buckets
> are somehow involved.
>
> * Edemn
> https://store.steampowered.com/app/2219660/Edemn/
> A retro FPS-shooter (I think we're supposed to call them 'boomer
> shooters' now?) that looks like a poor man's "Unreal Tournament".
> Well, it will probably run well on your old Core2 Duo laptop, at
> least.
>
> * Stranded Traveler
> https://store.steampowered.com/app/2432010/The_Stranded_Traveler/
> A 2D side-scrolling action/platformer. Sort of Metroid crossed with
> "Johnny Castaway"?
>
> * Undawn
> https://store.steampowered.com/app/1881700/Undawn/
> An first-person open-world survival game; explore, craft, build,
> shoot. It's free-to-play online and designed with mobile gaming in
> mind, so don't expect much.

I'm getting a "there was a problem adding this..." when I try to do it
now. Guess I'll try again later :/

- Jsutisaur

Re: FREE GAMES: "Bucket Brawl", "Edemn", "Undawn" and more

<MYOcnf-wzY02pAj5nZ2dnZfqn_SdnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12500&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#12500

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 06:20:27 +0000
 by: Ant - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 06:20 UTC

Spalls Hurgenson <spallshurgenson@gmail.com> wrote:

> More free games for you to peruse. Very Indie, very free. I don't
> promise you quality, just games you don't have to pay for.

> * Anyuu
> https://store.steampowered.com/app/2431310/ANYU/
> An open-world walking simulator exploring a lost city in an arctic
> wasteland. Physics puzzles and environmental storytelling galore.
> Looks very "AER Memories of Old" except without any of the fun flying
> mechanics.

Pass.

> * Solar Showdown
> https://store.steampowered.com/app/2408120/Solar_Showdown/
> Looks to be a multiplayer tower-defense game, where you build up your
> realm so you can swarm your enemies and overtake their defenses.

Not enough reviews so pass.

> * Bucket Brawl
> https://store.steampowered.com/app/2413660/Bucket_Brawl_Ahlman_Edition/
> An "arena fighter" where you guide your plastic-toy avatar in a
> top-down viewpoint towards victory over other plastic toys. Buckets
> are somehow involved.

"There was a problem adding this product to your account. Please try
again later."

> * Edemn
> https://store.steampowered.com/app/2219660/Edemn/
> A retro FPS-shooter (I think we're supposed to call them 'boomer
> shooters' now?) that looks like a poor man's "Unreal Tournament".
> Well, it will probably run well on your old Core2 Duo laptop, at
> least.

"There was a problem adding this product to your account. Please try
again later."

> * Stranded Traveler
> https://store.steampowered.com/app/2432010/The_Stranded_Traveler/
> A 2D side-scrolling action/platformer. Sort of Metroid crossed with
> "Johnny Castaway"?

"There was a problem adding this product to your account. Please try
again later."

> * Undawn
> https://store.steampowered.com/app/1881700/Undawn/
> An first-person open-world survival game; explore, craft, build,
> shoot. It's free-to-play online and designed with mobile gaming in
> mind, so don't expect much.

"There was a problem adding this product to your account. Please try
again later."

> Have fun. Remember, if it grows the size of your video-game library,
> it's worth snagging. ;-)

Why can't I add these to my library via updated Firefox web browser? Is
anyone else having this problem too?

--
"Ill-gotten treasures are of no value, but righteousness delivers from death." --Proverbs 10:2. RIP 2 Titanic's & Titan submersible's peep.
| |o o| |

Re: FREE GAMES: "Bucket Brawl", "Edemn", "Undawn" and more

<MYOcnf6wzY28pwj5nZ2dnZfqn_SdnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12501&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#12501

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 06:22:25 +0000
 by: Ant - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 06:22 UTC

Justisaur <justisaur@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, June 22, 2023 at 8:15:04???AM UTC-7, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:
> > More free games for you to peruse. Very Indie, very free. I don't
> > promise you quality, just games you don't have to pay for.
> >

> > * Anyuu
> > https://store.steampowered.com/app/2431310/ANYU/
> > An open-world walking simulator exploring a lost city in an arctic
> > wasteland. Physics puzzles and environmental storytelling galore.
> > Looks very "AER Memories of Old" except without any of the fun flying
> > mechanics.
> >
> > * Solar Showdown
> > https://store.steampowered.com/app/2408120/Solar_Showdown/
> > Looks to be a multiplayer tower-defense game, where you build up your
> > realm so you can swarm your enemies and overtake their defenses.
> >
> > * Bucket Brawl
> > https://store.steampowered.com/app/2413660/Bucket_Brawl_Ahlman_Edition/
> > An "arena fighter" where you guide your plastic-toy avatar in a
> > top-down viewpoint towards victory over other plastic toys. Buckets
> > are somehow involved.
> >
> > * Edemn
> > https://store.steampowered.com/app/2219660/Edemn/
> > A retro FPS-shooter (I think we're supposed to call them 'boomer
> > shooters' now?) that looks like a poor man's "Unreal Tournament".
> > Well, it will probably run well on your old Core2 Duo laptop, at
> > least.
> >
> > * Stranded Traveler
> > https://store.steampowered.com/app/2432010/The_Stranded_Traveler/
> > A 2D side-scrolling action/platformer. Sort of Metroid crossed with
> > "Johnny Castaway"?
> >
> > * Undawn
> > https://store.steampowered.com/app/1881700/Undawn/
> > An first-person open-world survival game; explore, craft, build,
> > shoot. It's free-to-play online and designed with mobile gaming in
> > mind, so don't expect much.
> >

> I'm getting a "there was a problem adding this..." when I try to do it
> now. Guess I'll try again later :/

Same in my updated Firefox web browser!
--
"Ill-gotten treasures are of no value, but righteousness delivers from death." --Proverbs 10:2. RIP 2 Titanic's & Titan submersible's peep.
| |o o| |
\ _ /
( )

Re: FREE GAMES: "Bucket Brawl", "Edemn", "Undawn" and more

<r54b9i59g8v6sa235ccdnp7vc3q4tjorfc@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12506&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#12506

From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 08:34:48 -0400
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 12:34 UTC

On Fri, 23 Jun 2023 06:20:27 +0000, ant@zimage.comANT (Ant) wrote:

>Spalls Hurgenson <spallshurgenson@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> More free games for you to peruse. Very Indie, very free. I don't
>> promise you quality, just games you don't have to pay for.
>

>Why can't I add these to my library via updated Firefox web browser? Is
>anyone else having this problem too?

No, but I added them through the Steam client, not through the
browser. They worked there.

Re: FREE GAMES: "Bucket Brawl", "Edemn", "Undawn" and more

<d25214c4-480b-47bc-93d1-c1df89f2191fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12508&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#12508

Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 07:31:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: justis...@gmail.com (Justisaur)
 by: Justisaur - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 14:31 UTC

On Friday, June 23, 2023 at 5:35:02 AM UTC-7, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Jun 2023 06:20:27 +0000, a...@zimage.comANT (Ant) wrote:
>
> >Spalls Hurgenson <spallsh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> More free games for you to peruse. Very Indie, very free. I don't
> >> promise you quality, just games you don't have to pay for.
> >

> >Why can't I add these to my library via updated Firefox web browser? Is
> >anyone else having this problem too?
> No, but I added them through the Steam client, not through the
> browser. They worked there.

That's what I had to do, look each up and ad them in the client.

- Justisaur

Re: FREE GAMES: "Bucket Brawl", "Edemn", "Undawn" and more

<ddeb9id61sg3mspiegdtif6cugnutml66b@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12509&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#12509

From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 11:28:26 -0400
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 15:28 UTC

On Fri, 23 Jun 2023 07:31:29 -0700 (PDT), Justisaur
<justisaur@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Friday, June 23, 2023 at 5:35:02?AM UTC-7, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:

>> >Why can't I add these to my library via updated Firefox web browser? Is
>> >anyone else having this problem too?

>> No, but I added them through the Steam client, not through the
>> browser. They worked there.

>That's what I had to do, look each up and ad them in the client.

All the extra effort we have to make to add bad games we will never
play into our video-game library. ;-)

Re: FREE GAMES: "Bucket Brawl", "Edemn", "Undawn" and more

<cisb9i5vplf19f7tlss5aeb1bjdopm2948@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12513&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#12513

From: Mik...@nowhere.com (Mike S.)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 15:29:01 -0400
 by: Mike S. - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 19:29 UTC

On Fri, 23 Jun 2023 06:20:27 +0000, ant@zimage.comANT (Ant) wrote:

>Why can't I add these to my library via updated Firefox web browser? Is
>anyone else having this problem too?

I had the same issue with the same browser. I did not try Chrome. I
just added them manually with the Steam client.

Re: FREE GAMES: "Bucket Brawl", "Edemn", "Undawn" and more

<7e34e516-a9ec-4881-8795-8588ac076193n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12515&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#12515

Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 13:13:57 -0700 (PDT)
From: justis...@gmail.com (Justisaur)
 by: Justisaur - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 20:13 UTC

On Friday, June 23, 2023 at 12:29:04 PM UTC-7, Mike S. wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Jun 2023 06:20:27 +0000, a...@zimage.comANT (Ant) wrote:
> >Why can't I add these to my library via updated Firefox web browser? Is
> >anyone else having this problem too?
> I had the same issue with the same browser. I did not try Chrome. I
> just added them manually with the Steam client.

I was using Chrome, didn't think to try Edge/Firefox, would that work?
Maybe next time if it happens I'll give other browsers a try.

- Justisaur

Re: FREE GAMES: "Bucket Brawl", "Edemn", "Undawn" and more

<jbucnd6G1ZfRtgv5nZ2dnZfqnPph4p2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12516&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#12516

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 23:31:24 +0000
 by: Ant - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 23:31 UTC

Justisaur <justisaur@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday, June 23, 2023 at 12:29:04???PM UTC-7, Mike S. wrote:
> > On Fri, 23 Jun 2023 06:20:27 +0000, a...@zimage.comANT (Ant) wrote:
> > >Why can't I add these to my library via updated Firefox web browser? Is
> > >anyone else having this problem too?
> > I had the same issue with the same browser. I did not try Chrome. I
> > just added them manually with the Steam client.

> I was using Chrome, didn't think to try Edge/Firefox, would that work?
> Maybe next time if it happens I'll give other browsers a try.

Firefox v114.0.2 didn't work for me when I tried it last night.
--
"But [Jesus] said, 'I must preach the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns also, because that is why I was sent.' --Luke 4:43." RIP 2 Titanic's & Titan submersible's peep.
| |o o| |