Subject: PuTTY and Windows 10 1 pixel border
From: Stuart Barkley
Newsgroups: comp.security.ssh
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 01:46 UTC
From: stua...@4gh.net (Stuart Barkley)
Newsgroups: comp.security.ssh
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2021 21:46:07 -0400
View all headers
Windows 10 has turned the traditional windows borders into a single
pixel border and there seems to be no good way to fix this.

When I have lots of PuTTY sessions active, it is hard to find the
edges of overlapping windows.  The "Window/Appearance/Adjust the
window border" don't seem to be able to help.

Is it possible to change something in PuTTY to allow for visible
borders?  Allowing selection of the color for "Adjust the border"
might be enough.  This seems to use the background color but using a
different color might help a lot.

Alternatively, if there is something already available that can
address this issue I would be very glad to hear about it.

Thanks for this very useful program and for working on it these many
years.  It is important for us Unix/Linux users force to use a Windows
system.  I have been using PuTTY on and off for probably over 20
years.

Stuart Barkley
--
I've never been lost; I was once bewildered for three days, but never lost!
                                        --  Daniel Boone

Subject: Re: PuTTY and Windows 10 1 pixel border
From: Ant
Newsgroups: comp.security.ssh
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 07:54 UTC
From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: comp.security.ssh
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 02:54:46 -0500
View all headers
It's not just PuTTY. It's like every dang windows! I'd like to thicken the borders. :(

Stuart Barkley <stuartb@4gh.net> wrote:
[...]

Meh to that Olympic 2020's opening ceremony (2008 Beijing's is still the best), but understandable. Will 2021 repeat 2020? :(
  /\___/\   Ant(Dude) @ http://aqfl.net & http://antfarm.home.dhs.org
 / /\ /\ \                      Please nuke ANT if replying by e-mail.
   \ _ /
    ( )