From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: Do iOS apps, especially Google iOS apps, incorporate the GSF Google Services Framework spyware?
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2023 22:18:48 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Mon, 16 Jan 2023 22:18 UTC

nospam wrote:

>> Q1: Do iOS apps incorporate the Google GSF (or equivalent) from Google?
>
> parts of it can be.

I suspect that's true, but what we need to find are credible references.
If anything, it's likely Google inserted GSF components into _their_ apps.
Whether or not Apple did the same things is something we'd have to check.

>> Q2: How do you know
>
> because i've written ios apps and know what's available.

Naah. Let's be open and honest nospam. There's zero evidence you know
anything about coding since you've been wrong so many times already.

Hence, your claim that you've written iOS apps isn't believed by anyone.

My recommendation is for you to stop lying about your coding skills and
start answering correctly some of the iOS and coding questions correctly.

This technical question is your first chance to show you know something.

>> and how can you tell when you install any given app?
>
> you don't when it's installed unless it's disclosed by the developer,
> which it almost certainly won't be beyond something generic such as
> 'collects analytics', which isn't necessarily using a google framework.

This is likely a true statement given the main way we know for Android is
that the Google Play Store client tells us whether or not GSF is included.

Android has many ways to easily & freely look at the code, like this:
<https://i.postimg.cc/Jh8fJ9C7/gsf01.jpg> Apps with gsf are reported
<https://i.postimg.cc/9fhXXxSx/gsf02.jpg> AppManager analyzes the code
<https://i.postimg.cc/T27PjJLw/gsf03.jpg> Notice linked-in gms code
<https://i.postimg.cc/wjJTpKWy/gsf04.jpg> Firebase crashlytics also
<https://i.postimg.cc/0jQyRb3P/gsf05.jpg> Signatures, keys & checksums

But what free app on the Apple iOS app store will do that functionality?

> however, it's possible in other ways.

What free app on the iOS App Store gives us this needed functionality?

Re: Do iOS apps, especially Google iOS apps, incorporate the GSF Google Services Framework spyware?

<160120231850253114%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12596&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#12596

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2023 18:50:25 -0500
 by: nospam - Mon, 16 Jan 2023 23:50 UTC

In article <tq4ifs$127i$1@gioia.aioe.org>, Andy Burnelli
<spam@nospam.com> wrote:

> >> Q1: Do iOS apps incorporate the Google GSF (or equivalent) from Google?
> >
> > parts of it can be.
>
> I suspect that's true,

it is.

> but what we need to find are credible references.

perhaps you've heard of a company called google. you know, the company
who created the google services framework.

word on the street is that they have the deets.

> If anything, it's likely Google inserted GSF components into _their_ apps.
> Whether or not Apple did the same things is something we'd have to check.

apple doesn't use gsf, however, third parties may choose to do so.

> > however, it's possible in other ways.
>
> What free app on the iOS App Store gives us this needed functionality?

who said anything about a free app on the ios app store?

as usual, you're in *way* over your head, so the advice remains, *stop*
*digging* (which i predict you will ignore).

Re: Do iOS apps, especially Google iOS apps, incorporate the GSF Google Services Framework spyware?

<tq4uck$vlm$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12597&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#12597

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 01:41:52 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Tue, 17 Jan 2023 01:41 UTC

nospam wrote:

>> If anything, it's likely Google inserted GSF components into _their_ apps.
>> Whether or not Apple did the same things is something we'd have to check.
>
> apple doesn't use gsf, however, third parties may choose to do so.

What free app on the iOS App Store gives us this needed functionality?

>>> however, it's possible in other ways.
>>
>> What free app on the iOS App Store gives us this needed functionality?
>
> who said anything about a free app on the ios app store?

Are you saying that iOS is crippled, again?

> as usual, you're in *way* over your head, so the advice remains, *stop*
> *digging* (which i predict you will ignore).

Are you admitting iOS has nothing whatsoever for the user to perform this
basic functionality which is freely available on the Android platform?
<https://i.postimg.cc/Jh8fJ9C7/gsf01.jpg> Apps with gsf are reported
<https://i.postimg.cc/9fhXXxSx/gsf02.jpg> AppManager analyzes the code
<https://i.postimg.cc/T27PjJLw/gsf03.jpg> Notice linked-in gms code
<https://i.postimg.cc/wjJTpKWy/gsf04.jpg> Firebase crashlytics also
<https://i.postimg.cc/0jQyRb3P/gsf05.jpg> Signatures, keys & checksums

Re: Do iOS apps, especially Google iOS apps, incorporate the GSF Google Services Framework spyware?

<160120232142051079%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12600&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#12600

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2023 21:42:05 -0500
 by: nospam - Tue, 17 Jan 2023 02:42 UTC

In article <tq4uck$vlm$1@gioia.aioe.org>, Andy Burnelli
<spam@nospam.com> wrote:

> >> If anything, it's likely Google inserted GSF components into _their_ apps.
> >> Whether or not Apple did the same things is something we'd have to check.
> >
> > apple doesn't use gsf, however, third parties may choose to do so.
>
> What free app on the iOS App Store gives us this needed functionality?

i see you chose to ignore the long-standing advice to stop digging.

> >> What free app on the iOS App Store gives us this needed functionality?
> >
> > who said anything about a free app on the ios app store?
>
> Are you saying that iOS is crippled, again?

no, what i'm saying is you are continuing to dig.

> > as usual, you're in *way* over your head, so the advice remains, *stop*
> > *digging* (which i predict you will ignore).
>
> Are you admitting iOS has nothing whatsoever for the user to perform this
> basic functionality which is freely available on the Android platform?

android doesn't have the ability you think it does because you don't
understand what you're even looking for.

but keep digging. it's all you can do.

Re: Do iOS apps, especially Google iOS apps, incorporate the GSF Google Services Framework spyware?

<tq6vvl$15gl$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12607&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#12607

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 20:21:21 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Tue, 17 Jan 2023 20:21 UTC

nospam wrote:

>> What free app on the iOS App Store gives us this needed functionality?
>
> i see you chose to ignore the long-standing advice to stop digging.

What free app on the iOS app store gives this needed functionality?
<https://i.postimg.cc/T27PjJLw/gsf03.jpg> Notice linked-in gms code

> no, what i'm saying is you are continuing to dig.

In other words, you are desperate to find a way around admitting that iOS
is crippled in that it can't do even this, one of the _simplest_ things.
<https://i.postimg.cc/wjJTpKWy/gsf04.jpg> Firebase crashlytics also

>>> as usual, you're in *way* over your head, so the advice remains, *stop*
>>> *digging* (which i predict you will ignore).
>>
>> Are you admitting iOS has nothing whatsoever for the user to perform this
>> basic functionality which is freely available on the Android platform?
>
> android doesn't have the ability you think it does because you don't
> understand what you're even looking for.

I see you are again embarrassed that your beloved iPhone can't do the
_simplest_ of things, such as I showed Android has no problem doing.

> but keep digging. it's all you can do.

It's no longer shocking how much you _hate_ iOS can't do the simplest of
things, which, in this case, is simply to tell the user calls being used.

However, the question remains unanswered which is _how_ to tell on iOS.

Re: Do iOS apps, especially Google iOS apps, incorporate the GSF Google Services Framework spyware?

<tq7171$1o0v$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12608&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#12608

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 20:42:22 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Tue, 17 Jan 2023 20:42 UTC

Andy Burnelli wrote:

> However, the question remains unanswered which is _how_ to tell on iOS.

The simple question is fundamental to privacy on iOS:
*Q: How can we tell, for sure, when an iOS app has Google spyware in it?*

It's clear nospam hates not only the question, but the fact it is asked.
It's not clear why nospam is so _desperate_ to change the narrative.

The narrative nospam wants is nospam is smart - everyone else is stupid.

OK.
Let's assume nospam _is_ as smart as nospam likes to think he is.

Then nospam should be able to answer this simple privacy question
accurately enough so that we can test out his answers on our iOS devices.

Hi nospam,
Answer us this please, since you're so much smarter than any of us are...

Q: *How can we tell, for sure, when an iOS app has Google spyware in it?*