From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: Realistc (not ficticious) total cost of ownership calculation which is believable (not a sham)
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2023 17:01:06 +0000
References: <xn0nwucckyioho600d@reader443.eternal-september.org> <tpv54n$238p0$3@dont-email.me> <tpvdbo$1k5i$1@gioia.aioe.org> <140120232123074973%nospam@nospam.invalid> <xn0nwvjtg5v77x00e@reader443.eternal-september.org> <150120231141365495%nospam@nospam.invalid> <tq1jhq$105e$2@gioia.aioe.org> <tq3693$125a$1@gioia.aioe.org> <tq4tdk$2v26v$1@dont-email.me> <tq4vpm$1ch7$1@gioia.aioe.org> <tq5k6p$35a4k$1@dont-email.me> <tq6dbj$1nsj$1@gioia.aioe.org> <k2ochmFbct3U3@mid.individual.net> <te2gshp5kr2t9ftf219eidae0bk6jh5m3t@4ax.com> <xn0nwztny8f3ue000@reader443.eternal-september.org>
 by: Andy Burnelli - Wed, 18 Jan 2023 17:01 UTC

badgolferman wrote:

>>I charge mine (Pixel 4a) overnight. I don't know whether it's fast or
>>slow; I just use the charger that came with it.
>
> Wait... a charger /came/ with it? Everyone on the Apple newsgroup is
> telling us Google is following Apple's lead and skimping on chargers.

Hi badgolferman,

I commiserate equally with you on what Apple's decontenting strategy is
as I'm a victim just as much as you're a victim of Apple's public lies.

At the same time you picked up your 5G iPhone from T-Mobile in April 2021,
I was given three free Samsung's from T-Mobile, but I had to _pay_ for the
Phone, where the PD/QC _fast_ charger came with _all_ the free Samsungs.
<https://i.postimg.cc/YC1B906F/tmopromo01.jpg> A32-5G & iPhone 12 contract

Notice the total cost of ownership of the Android phones, which, let's be
clear, have far more app functionality than any iPhone ever sold, starts at
a cost of zero and just gets better from there, while the iPhone starts at
half price.

So the total cost of ownership of my non fictitious phones, is clearly
vastly in favor of the lower total cost of ownership of Android over Apple.

Alas, to make the total cost of ownership of Apple devices even worse,
we had to purchase a PD charger for the half-priced iPhone 12 mini.
<https://i.postimg.cc/8CdRfDFn/my-iphone.jpg> 1/2 priced iPHone 12 mini

The end result is it's only Apple who started this deplorable inexorable
decontenting trend (year after year after year, Apple strategically removes
"something" you need so as to force you into the glue trap of figuring out
how to buy it back).

For the most part, it's only Apple who screws the (admittedly) loyal (and
just as admittedly gullible) customer who feels great about being screwed
because by forcing them to all buy the correct PD charger, somehow Apple
feels good about the environment as they take the money gained to the bank.

Interestingly, Apple comes up with the most inane of excuses for each
successive wave of decontenting the iPhone, much like the iKooks who defend
Apple to the death come up with kindergarten excuses for why Apple did it.

There's only one reason Apple decontents the iPhone year after year.
By doing so, they force the customer to scramble to buy it all back.

In summary, I provided proof (and you know my credibility is stellar),
that the total cost of ownership of the Apple iPhone is vastly more than
the Android phones in my home (which includes 3 iPads & four phones).
<https://i.postimg.cc/nhpbcP50/tmopromo04.jpg> $100 for 6 lines + $16 tax