From: nospam.P...@f100.n770.z3.fidonet.org (Paul Hayton)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: bbs email replys
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 13:48:56 +1200
 by: Paul Hayton - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 01:48 UTC

Hi g00r00

An idea for a new feature occurred to me.

When replying to BBS email (more specifically new user emails when people sign
up) it would be great to be able to pull in a templated reply that I could just
modify a little to suit each reply I give.

I find myself often repeating the same info to a new user in different ways and
lament I can't quickly reuse some of the info I posted in an earlier reply to a
new user.

Could a text file(s) be allowed for that could be selected as a reply from the
internal editor? This may suit a range of options spanning replies to new users
or other repeated info that the author wishes to draw from when responding to
someone using BBS email.

Pondering further, such a feature for echomail and netmail replies using the
full screen editor would be nice also.

Just a thought.

Cheers, Paul aka Avon

Re: bbs email replys

<1240328986@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1268&group=alt.bbs.mystic#1268

From: nospam.g...@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org (g00r00)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Re: bbs email replys
Date: Sun, 01 May 2022 23:36:21 +1200
 by: g00r00 - Sun, 1 May 2022 11:36 UTC

PH> Could a text file(s) be allowed for that could be selected as a reply
PH> from the internal editor? This may suit a range of options spanning

What you can do if you are logged in locally is /U which will allow you to type
in a text file to load into the editor so you can load it that way. If you
create 'newuser.txt' in your root Mystic directory you can /U and type
"newuser.txt" to get that into the editor.

You can load up ANSI files too or pipe color files etc if you wanted a more
colorful or artistic response.

I am trying to think of how we can expand on that though, maybe a SysOp-only
function that could load a .txt file from anywhere so that you wouldn't have to
type the name.

.... Multitasking: Reading in the bathroom

Re: bbs email replys

<542720153@f100.n770.z3.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1270&group=alt.bbs.mystic#1270

From: nospam.P...@f100.n770.z3.fidonet.org (Paul Hayton)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Fri, 06 May 2022 14:46:53 +1200
 by: Paul Hayton - Fri, 6 May 2022 02:46 UTC

On 01 May 2022 at 11:36p, g00r00 pondered and said...
g0> PH> Could a text file(s) be allowed for that could be selected as a reply
g0> PH> from the internal editor? This may suit a range of options spanning
g0>
g0> What you can do if you are logged in locally is /U which will allow you
g0> to type in a text file to load into the editor so you can load it that
g0> way. If you create 'newuser.txt' in your root Mystic directory you can
g0> /U and type "newuser.txt" to get that into the editor.

Yep thanks, I'd thought of that also but I guess I was being lazy and wonder if
there could be a menu option when you invoke / from the editor :)

g0> I am trying to think of how we can expand on that though, maybe a
g0> SysOp-only function that could load a .txt file from anywhere so that
g0> you wouldn't have to type the name.

could be the go, not sure.

I'm showing my ignorance but could the windows console area in config and the
marco options for F1 etc. be used for this. I've never really understood that
section of the config and if it applies to all versions of Mystic (windows vs
linux) ?

Re: bbs email replys

<3488266403@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1280&group=alt.bbs.mystic#1280

From: nospam.g...@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org (g00r00)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Fri, 06 May 2022 09:41:12 +1200
 by: g00r00 - Thu, 5 May 2022 21:41 UTC

PH> Yep thanks, I'd thought of that also but I guess I was being lazy and
PH> wonder if there could be a menu option when you invoke / from the editor
PH> :)

Yep we are on the same page there and I can see how that would be useful, so
lets get that done (or at least on the to-do list).

I just wanted to make sure you knew about th /U option!

.... I don't have the time for a hobby. I have a computer.