From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Prime Gaming: Week of 14 July 2023
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 09:37:29 -0400
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Fri, 14 Jul 2023 13:37 UTC

I know, MetalGuru went and stole the lede earlier this week. But
there's more than just one game on offer on AmazonPrime, so I still
have a job here.

Anyway, another week, another chance to get not-really-free-but-sorta
games from Amazon. This time, they're offering:

* Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition
I always had a soft spot for this game. It has a ridiculous story
(even for the Star Wars franchise) and some iffy controls, but it
wonderfully captures the feel of the Star Wars universe and is such a
delightfully over-the-top power fantasy that it's hard not to love.
Even better are the included DLC levels, which present an alternate
universe where Luke Skywalker gets turned to the Dark Side and becomes
the new Emperor; the game is well worth playing for those levels
alone.

* NAIRI: Tower of Shirin
A simplistic but cute point-n-click adventure. Its strengths are
mostly in its visuals and story. But its actually gameplay - running
back and forth finding items to satisfy the needs of NPCs - is pretty
weak. Also, it ends on a cliffhanger requiring you to get the sequel
for any sort of resolution. Still, it's harmless fun and probably
entertaining enough for the youngest set, or those who just want to
bask in the cartoony graphics.

Only two games this week, but it's the middle of summer and we all
have better things to do anyway. Grab 'em if you can. Or don't. I get
paid the same amount* either way.

* $0,00 USD, in case you're wondering. But I'm open to a raise,
Amazon, if you're listening. ;-P