From: nor...@nowhere.com (Ed Norton)
Subject: Re: Power Mac G4
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 14:28:37 -0400
 by: Ed Norton - Tue, 17 Aug 2021 18:28 UTC

On Tue, 17 Aug 2021 13:50:07 -0400, Graham J wrote
(in article <sfgssh$vlk$1@dont-email.me>):

> Is there a market for a Power Mac G4 in unknown condition?

I have one of those also including the ginormous monitor that goes with
it. I also have a buttload of old IIci's, Powerbooks, iMac's, SE's,
MacBook Pro's, etc. Even the original "portable" aka "lugable". Apple
IIe's, a IIc, and all kinds of accessories, accelerator cards,
interface cards, cables, disk drives, carrying cases. etc, etc, Oh,
and an Apple Digital Camera. Probably a lot of other stuff I have
forgotten also. Plus Application and System software for all of them
going back to the original Macintosh. Everything works as far as I
know. God only knows if the floppy disks are good after all this time.

I'm sure there is a market for it. Just look on eBay. No matter what
it is, there is somebody who is looking for it. Maybe even broken, for
parts. My guess is that I could get a couple of thousand dollars for
it all, but the effort of listing, testing, shipping, and returns when
someone is dissatisfied just isn't worth it to me I'm afraid it's all
headed for the local electronics recycling bin... who probably just
ships it to Nigeria where it pollutes the land.

Sic transit gloria mundi.

--
Ed

Re: Power Mac G4

<v_Kdncojcco7tbD8nZ2dnUU7-I_NnZ2d@supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12787&group=comp.sys.mac.system#12787

From: otto.py...@bogusaddress.com (Otto Pylot)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system,uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 13:51:18 -0500
 by: Otto Pylot - Mon, 30 Aug 2021 18:51 UTC

On Aug 17, 2021 at 11:28:37 AM PDT, "Ed Norton" <norton@nowhere.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Aug 2021 13:50:07 -0400, Graham J wrote
> (in article <sfgssh$vlk$1@dont-email.me>):
>
>> Is there a market for a Power Mac G4 in unknown condition?
>>

> I have one of those also including the ginormous monitor that goes with
> it. I also have a buttload of old IIci's, Powerbooks, iMac's, SE's,
> MacBook Pro's, etc. Even the original "portable" aka "lugable". Apple
> IIe's, a IIc, and all kinds of accessories, accelerator cards,
> interface cards, cables, disk drives, carrying cases. etc, etc, Oh,
> and an Apple Digital Camera. Probably a lot of other stuff I have
> forgotten also. Plus Application and System software for all of them
> going back to the original Macintosh. Everything works as far as I
> know. God only knows if the floppy disks are good after all this time.
>
> I'm sure there is a market for it. Just look on eBay. No matter what
> it is, there is somebody who is looking for it. Maybe even broken, for
> parts. My guess is that I could get a couple of thousand dollars for
> it all, but the effort of listing, testing, shipping, and returns when
> someone is dissatisfied just isn't worth it to me I'm afraid it's all
> headed for the local electronics recycling bin... who probably just
> ships it to Nigeria where it pollutes the land.
>
> Sic transit gloria mundi.

Pick a representative sample of the equipment in chronological order and set
up a little "tech museum" someplace that your wife (if you are married) won't
mind. I too have a bunch of Apple things (original iPods, iPhones, etc) neatly
arranged at the end of a bookcase. Nice comversation piece for when folks come
over. The big-@ssed "dual mirror" G4 is still in the closet tho along with
stacks of drives, external toys, etc.
--
Deja Moo: I've seen this bullshit before.