Equal bytes for women.

computers / alt.privacy.anon-server / Re: PING Stefan Claas: Wll you run once more an exit remailer

SubjectAuthor
* PING Stefan Claas: Wll you run once more an exit remailerAnonymous
+* Re: PING Stefan Claas: Wll you run once more an exit remailerNomen Nescio
|`- Re: PING Stefan Claas: Wll you run once more an exit remailerAnonymous Remailer
`* Re: PING Stefan Claas: Wll you run once more an exit remailerStefan Claas
 `* Re: PING Stefan Claas: Wll you run once more an exit remailerNomen Nescio
  `* Re: PING Stefan Claas: Wll you run once more an exit remailerStefan Claas
   `- Re: PING Stefan Claas: Wll you run once more an exit remailerStefan Claas

1
PING Stefan Claas: Wll you run once more an exit remailer

<20220926.214524.2a9929b6@yamn.paranoici.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12800&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#12800

From: nob...@yamn.paranoici.org (Anonymous)
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2022 21:45:24 +0000
Subject: PING Stefan Claas: Wll you run once more an exit remailer
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous - Mon, 26 Sep 2022 21:45 UTC

A lot of people are missing len and hal.

Re: PING Stefan Claas: Wll you run once more an exit remailer

<7d2a5193fe1ddc7854c3a6fed007990e@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12803&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#12803

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2022 11:13:05 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Tue, 27 Sep 2022 09:13 UTC

Hi Stefan!

> A lot of people are missing len and hal.

That's a lie. Not a lot of people use remailers at all.

Re: PING Stefan Claas: Wll you run once more an exit remailer

<3edcd6a1-d213-419c-a45c-0add3b100857n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12804&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#12804

Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2022 04:52:55 -0700 (PDT)
From: sacena...@gmail.com (Stefan Claas)
 by: Stefan Claas - Tue, 27 Sep 2022 11:52 UTC

On Monday, September 26, 2022 at 11:45:26 PM UTC+2, Anonymous wrote:
> A lot of people are missing len and hal.

Thanks for asking, but I doubt that a lot of people are missing them.

I am already 60 years old and thought that when Zax invented YAMN
that a lot of remops would follow instead of maintaining an old code
base from Mixmaster. It would be IMHO the right time to do so, since
Christian also supports YAMN now with its Omnimix.

The thing currently I do not want to do is setting up postfix again with
all bells and whistles, and then maintaining also an TSL certificate.

I have seen a trend on many sites that they no longer use TSL certs
and if I would run a YAMN Remailer I would no longer support Let's
Encrypt, which destroyed IMHO the whole market for commercial
certificates.

Maybe if there is progress with YAMN support by remops I would
consider running an exit again, but not now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards
Stefan

Re: PING Stefan Claas: Wll you run once more an exit remailer

<20220927.194350.666587c7@mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12807&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#12807

From: remai...@domain.invalid (Anonymous Remailer)
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2022 19:43:50 +0100
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous Remailer - Tue, 27 Sep 2022 18:43 UTC

On 9/27/2022 2:13 AM, Nomen Nescio wrote:

> Hi Stefan!
>
>> A lot of people are missing len and hal.
>
> That's a lie. Not a lot of people use remailers at all.

Not a lot of people even know what remailers are anymore.

My contacts in Iran are in desperate shape.
They've never heard of remailers.

They are using Signal And sometimes Telegram.

Mobile Internet is blacked out. But supposedly
Musk's Starlink system might be opened up in Iran.

Re: PING Stefan Claas: Wll you run once more an exit remailer

<989045eb917ea1d26213fd945cbbcb04@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12809&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#12809

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 11:26:02 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Wed, 28 Sep 2022 09:26 UTC

In article <3edcd6a1-d213-419c-a45c-
Stefan Claas <sacenator@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Monday, September 26, 2022 at 11:45:26 PM UTC+2, Anonymous wrote:
> > A lot of people are missing len and hal.
>
> Thanks for asking, but I doubt that a lot of people are missing them.

Two of the best performing remailers? Yeah we miss them.

> I am already 60 years old and thought that when Zax invented YAMN
> that a lot of remops would follow instead of maintaining an old code
> base from Mixmaster. It would be IMHO the right time to do so, since
> Christian also supports YAMN now with its Omnimix.

You're just getting started.

> The thing currently I do not want to do is setting up postfix again with
> all bells and whistles, and then maintaining also an TSL certificate.
>
> I have seen a trend on many sites that they no longer use TSL certs
> and if I would run a YAMN Remailer I would no longer support Let's
> Encrypt, which destroyed IMHO the whole market for commercial
> certificates.

What do you see them using in place of it?

> Maybe if there is progress with YAMN support by remops I would
> consider running an exit again, but not now. Sorry for the inconvenience.
>
> Regards
> Stefan

Thanks for your support. It was much appreciated.

Re: PING Stefan Claas: Wll you run once more an exit remailer

<523b1e3e-755b-4d84-9024-04da08607669n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12813&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#12813

Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 08:08:12 -0700 (PDT)
From: sacena...@gmail.com (Stefan Claas)
 by: Stefan Claas - Wed, 28 Sep 2022 15:08 UTC

On Wednesday, September 28, 2022 at 11:26:04 AM UTC+2, Nomen Nescio wrote:
> In article <3edcd6a1-d213-419c-a45c-
> 0add3b...@googlegroups.com>
> Stefan Claas <sace...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Monday, September 26, 2022 at 11:45:26 PM UTC+2, Anonymous wrote:
> > > A lot of people are missing len and hal.

> > I have seen a trend on many sites that they no longer use TSL certs
> > and if I would run a YAMN Remailer I would no longer support Let's
> > Encrypt, which destroyed IMHO the whole market for commercial
> > certificates.
> What do you see them using in place of it?

Similar to Nym, maybe an .onion transport mechanism, which as understood,
YAMN would support. But we only have sending clients and no inbox functionality
clients, which then would need something like a gateway to store incoming messages,
until they get picked up from a new YAMN mix client.

> > Maybe if there is progress with YAMN support by remops I would
> > consider running an exit again, but not now. Sorry for the inconvenience.
> >
> > Regards
> > Stefan
>
> Thanks for your support. It was much appreciated.

You're welcome.

Regards
Stefan

Re: PING Stefan Claas: Wll you run once more an exit remailer

<17ffae23-8790-428e-b301-95c0079ee77en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12814&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#12814

Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 08:21:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: sacena...@gmail.com (Stefan Claas)
 by: Stefan Claas - Wed, 28 Sep 2022 15:21 UTC

On Wednesday, September 28, 2022 at 5:08:14 PM UTC+2, Stefan Claas wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 28, 2022 at 11:26:04 AM UTC+2, Nomen Nescio wrote:
> > In article <3edcd6a1-d213-419c-a45c-
> > 0add3b...@googlegroups.com>
> > Stefan Claas <sace...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > I have seen a trend on many sites that they no longer use TSL certs
> > > and if I would run a YAMN Remailer I would no longer support Let's
> > > Encrypt, which destroyed IMHO the whole market for commercial
> > > certificates.
> > What do you see them using in place of it?
>
> Similar to Nym, maybe an .onion transport mechanism, which as understood,
> YAMN would support. But we only have sending clients and no inbox functionality
> clients, which then would need something like a gateway to store incoming messages,
> until they get picked up from a new YAMN mix client.

If we had such clients then loopix[1] would be an additional option instead of regular
dummy messages, because loopix sends also traffic back to a mix client, within the
network.

[1] https://github.com/aniampio/loopix-messaging

Regards
Stefan