From: brian.jo...@btinternet.com (Brian Jordan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.misc
Subject: Lost icons
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 14:49:43 +0100
 by: Brian Jordan - Wed, 28 Apr 2021 13:49 UTC

A number of file icons (html, pdf and url so far) have been replaced by a
grey square with a green question mark on this machine. This seems to
have happened when I looked at Iris yesterday.
I know it is possible to prevent software from overwriting the sprite
pool and that is possible to reinstate it but it's a long time since I
have had to deal with this. Can someone give me a nudge.
Thanks B

Brian Jordan
RISC OS 5.28 on Raspberry Pi

Re: Lost icons

<5924489b44tim@invalid.org.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1284&group=comp.sys.acorn.misc#1284

From: tim...@invalid.org.uk (Tim Hill)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.misc
Subject: Re: Lost icons
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 15:17:54 +0100
 by: Tim Hill - Wed, 28 Apr 2021 14:17 UTC

In article <59244606c8brian.jordan9@btinternet.com>, Brian Jordan
<brian.jordan9@btinternet.com> wrote:
> A number of file icons (html, pdf and url so far) have been replaced by
> a grey square with a green question mark on this machine. This seems to
> have happened when I looked at Iris yesterday. I know it is possible to
> prevent software from overwriting the sprite pool and that is possible
> to reinstate it but it's a long time since I have had to deal with
> this. Can someone give me a nudge. Thanks B

There's an option to protect icons in 'Configure > Theme' but you'll
probably have to re-boot to get them back.

--
from Tim Hill who welcomes incoming email to tim at timil dot com.
* Ethical? Energy: http://tjrh.eu/coopnrg Telecoms: http://tjrh.eu/phone

Re: Lost icons

<59244ee0bebrian.jordan9@btinternet.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1285&group=comp.sys.acorn.misc#1285

From: brian.jo...@btinternet.com (Brian Jordan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.misc
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 16:26:24 +0100
 by: Brian Jordan - Wed, 28 Apr 2021 15:26 UTC

In article <5924489b44tim@invalid.org.uk>,
Tim Hill <tim@invalid.org.uk> wrote:
> In article <59244606c8brian.jordan9@btinternet.com>, Brian Jordan
> <brian.jordan9@btinternet.com> wrote:
> > A number of file icons (html, pdf and url so far) have been replaced
> > by a grey square with a green question mark on this machine. This
> > seems to have happened when I looked at Iris yesterday. I know it is
> > possible to prevent software from overwriting the sprite pool and
> > that is possible to reinstate it but it's a long time since I have
> > had to deal with this. Can someone give me a nudge. Thanks B

> There's an option to protect icons in 'Configure > Theme' but you'll
> probably have to re-boot to get them back.

Thank you Tim. that option was off so I corrected it and rebooted and all
is now working as it should.

Brian Jordan
RISC OS 5.28 on Raspberry Pi