From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Re: Could a "magsafe" wireless charger get full spec output with a 5W usb brick (5V at 1 amp)?
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2023 21:31:50 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sun, 22 Jan 2023 21:31 UTC

Below is nospam's first response but what I'm asking for here is someone
other than nospam to answer the question, because his credibility is zero.

Could a "magsafe" charger get full spec output with a 5W usb brick?
Yes or No?

--
nospam wrote:

>> I'll openly and publicly easily admit I know absolutely nothing
>
> progress.

You take all bait, like a dumb mouse greedily eying the loaded mousetrap,
where you actually think it's "witty" to make your kindergarten responses
which is how I know you own the thought process of a mere child, nospam.

It's why you never recognize the glue trap Apple craftily laid for you.

>> Whether or not a 5W USB-A
>
> usb-a is capable of more than 5w.

I have too much experience with your ignorant claims, nospam, such as the
ones you make when you fabricate imaginary iOS functionality - all the
time.

So nothing you say is credible.
However, maybe you do know about magsafe charging needs.

As I said, I know nothing about magsafe so, to test your wild claim that
any old USB-A charger will power the magsafe and/or Qi wireless chargers,
I dutifully opened this thread where I'll await confirmation of your claim.

*Could a "magsafe" wireless charger get full spec output*
*with a 5W usb brick (5V at 1 amp)?*
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/NryYv1SF81o>
>> My main point was nobody is going to share chargers, period.
>> With any device.
>
> covid can do that.

Again, the preposterous excuse you make for Apple's greed in removing the
charger from the box, nospam, is that you claim everyone has 1A 5W bricks,
and, if they happen to have a modern PD charger, you claim that everyone
is willing to share their one charger with everyone else in the household.

What's no longer shocking, nospam, is your claims belie your ignorance.

You are so ignorant of all things Apple, that you actually _believe_ a 5W
1-amp 5VDC charger will charge a modern iPhone at the speeds you paid for.

Nobody is _that_ ignorant except you iKooks, nospam.

Re: Could a "magsafe" wireless charger get full spec output with a 5W usb brick (5V at 1 amp)?

<tqkkfk$3achc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12841&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#12841

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Re: Could a "magsafe" wireless charger get full spec output with a 5W
usb brick (5V at 1 amp)?
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2023 16:30:44 -0800
 by: Alan - Mon, 23 Jan 2023 00:30 UTC

On 2023-01-22 13:31, Andy Burnelli wrote:
> Below is nospam's first response but what I'm asking for here is someone
> other than nospam to answer the question, because his credibility is zero.
>
> Could a "magsafe" charger get full spec output with a 5W usb brick?
> Yes or No?

Define your terms.

Re: Could a "magsafe" wireless charger get full spec output with a 5W usb brick (5V at 1 amp)?

<tqkndc$1i2s$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12843&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#12843

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
usb brick (5V at 1 amp)?
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2023 17:20:43 -0800
 by: sms - Mon, 23 Jan 2023 01:20 UTC

On 1/22/2023 4:30 PM, Alan wrote:
> On 2023-01-22 13:31, Andy Burnelli wrote:
>> Below is nospam's first response but what I'm asking for here is someone
>> other than nospam to answer the question, because his credibility is
>> zero.
>>
>> Could a "magsafe" charger get full spec output with a 5W usb brick?
>> Yes or No?
>>

> Define your terms.

LOL, what do you mean? The early iPhones came with 5W (5V/1A) chargers.

Obviously they can't power a 15W MagSafe charger. Why would anyone
believe that they could? Two of our most famous trolls arguing over
something so absurd is why G-d invented filters.

Re: Could a "magsafe" wireless charger get full spec output with a 5W usb brick (5V at 1 amp)?

<tqkokn$3be4l$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12844&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#12844

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
usb brick (5V at 1 amp)?
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2023 17:41:43 -0800
 by: Alan - Mon, 23 Jan 2023 01:41 UTC

On 2023-01-22 17:20, sms wrote:
> On 1/22/2023 4:30 PM, Alan wrote:
>> On 2023-01-22 13:31, Andy Burnelli wrote:
>>> Below is nospam's first response but what I'm asking for here is someone
>>> other than nospam to answer the question, because his credibility is
>>> zero.
>>>
>>> Could a "magsafe" charger get full spec output with a 5W usb brick?
>>> Yes or No?
>>>

>> Define your terms.
>
> LOL, what do you mean? The early iPhones came with 5W (5V/1A) chargers.
>
> Obviously they can't power a 15W MagSafe charger. Why would anyone
> believe that they could? Two of our most famous trolls arguing over
> something so absurd is why G-d invented filters.

Note he's placed "magsafe" in quotes.

And he hasn't defined "full spec output"

Re: Could a "magsafe" wireless charger get full spec output with a 5W usb brick (5V at 1 amp)?

<220120232045327117%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12845&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#12845

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2023 20:45:32 -0500
 by: nospam - Mon, 23 Jan 2023 01:45 UTC

In article <tqkndc$1i2s$1@gioia.aioe.org>, sms
<scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:

> The early iPhones came with 5W (5V/1A) chargers.

and ipads came with 10w and 12w chargers, which were often used for
charging iphones.

> Obviously they can't power a 15W MagSafe charger. Why would anyone
> believe that they could?

because they can, up to the limit of the charger, although a usb-a to
usb-c adapter would be needed.